Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.06)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 68 comments
Clean race bonus requirements seems to be changed. Before the update only colliding with another driver kills the Clean Race bonus. Now going off track also kills Clean race bonus.

What modes was the smoke and dust lowered?
Not seeing any reduction in timetrial.

Oh, basically race events. I thought the dust was a bit overkill before, but the smoke didn't have to change i feel.

Last edited:
Clean race bonus requirements seems to be changed. Before the update only colliding with another driver kills the Clean Race bonus. Now going off track also kills Clean race bonus.
So it is working as intended, good!

I haven’t been able to test yet unfortunately but does anyone know if now the BGM in an online session remains muted when correctly set up in settings? Previously, when joining a lobby session, the BGM would keep playing when driving regardless of on/off and or volume settings.

Unfortunately the sound "bug" isn't fixed where you hear a car that's in front of you, in the rear speaker when using 5.1/7.1 surround speakers.

The smoke did not drop FPS, the only FPS drops were on the ps5 when it rained.
I implore people who have a youtube to do this, record yourself doing a 1 min lap on blue moon bay infield.
Do a few doughnuts, grind against the wall, and then do a few doughnuts in the grass and dirt. The enter a replay and watch the video again in the normal gameplay view with the hud on , you will see the pre-patch effects.
On base ps4 the sparks are 99% gone, dust effects from the grass are GONE, and the smoke has been culled back about 75%. This is a huge graphics downgrade, the frame rate does not drop in the replay .

The smoke did not drop FPS, the only FPS drops were on the ps5 when it rained.
I implore people who have a youtube to do this, record yourself doing a 1 min lap on blue moon bay infield.
Do a few doughnuts, grind against the wall, and then do a few doughnuts in the grass and dirt. The enter a replay and watch the video again in the normal gameplay view with the hud on , you will see the pre-patch effects.
On base ps4 the sparks are 99% gone, dust effects from the grass are GONE, and the smoke has been culled back about 75%. This is a huge graphics downgrade, the frame rate does not drop in the replay .
Let's wait for the next update if they will fix this issue :)

Today is the first time I've played after the update, and also the first time I've received a roulette ticket specifically for completing my daily workout. I've been wondering why I haven't been rewarded for my workouts up to this point, or at least I don't recall being.

Last edited:
Back