Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.15)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 93 comments
In cockpit photo mode now the rain drops disappear from the windshield. They have to fix this

granturismo7_2022052691klv.jpg

Now with the DD GT Pro when you change a setting like TCS it changes to that MFD page on screen so you know you made the change :)

they finally added a “race settings” option for custom race when sitting in the pre-race track scene, so you don’t have to back out to the track menu and then re-enter “custom race” and redo all of your settings.

“race settings” button is located right next to “settings” at the bottom of screen.

It’s so convenient and was weirdly missing at launch.

Now we still need an option to be able to select our cars in this pre-race setting in custom race instead of backing out all the way to the main menu and enter garage
:lol:

Last edited:
Now we still need an option to be able to select our cars in this pre-race setting in custom race instead of backing out all the way to the main menu and enter garage
:lol:
It's faster to just go to an event that allows most cars and choosing there instead of going to the garage. Doing that on my base PS4 each time would be torture with how slow loading times are. So baffling that this is still a thing.

Don't know if this is supposed to go in this section and not sure if this is happening for anyone else but the drag racing in the missions section is now completely broken....literally will not start on time after the countdown. This is with all of the drag races not any specific ones....I tested them all.

They fixed the issue, (I think you could call it that) which has been around since GTS, where the first (irrelevant) lap time gets registered and subsequently everyone is seeing purple sectors on Lap 2 by default.

When leaving the home screen in standby and watching the various demos and scapes, the "Press triangle to go to this location" feature from GTS has been reinstated.

Last edited:
When leaving the home screen in standby and watching the various demos and scapes, the "Press triangle to go to this location" feature from GTS has been reinstated.
This is true, I hadn't noticed it until after this update.

This is true, I hadn't noticed it until after this update.
It's also a documented change:

8. Auto Demo
 - A new spot has been added to the slideshow of Scapes;
 - When a Scapes slideshow is played during the auto demo, it is possible now to go directly to the [Scapes] photo spot by pressing the △ button. (This will become available only after the [Scapes] Pavilion is unlocked and the Tutorial has been completed.)

It's also a documented change:

8. Auto Demo
 - A new spot has been added to the slideshow of Scapes;
 - When a Scapes slideshow is played during the auto demo, it is possible now to go directly to the [Scapes] photo spot by pressing the △ button. (This will become available only after the [Scapes] Pavilion is unlocked and the Tutorial has been completed.)
My bad I must have missed it

Don't know if this is supposed to go in this section and not sure if this is happening for anyone else but the drag racing in the missions section is now completely broken....literally will not start on time after the countdown. This is with all of the drag races not any specific ones....I tested them all.
This is beyond ridiculous. I guess the crowd at PD So Cal have never been to a drag race and know nothing about "reading the tree".

My Fanatec DD Pro has done it that way since I got it in March..
Really? I documented this not happening a few weeks ago. If you had the page up you would see the change but if you were on a different page you wouldn't

In addition to base PS4 enhancements, the rain changes and I have noticed the below at WTC 700 Le Mans:
Could be placebo, but I think the resolution for clouds has increased on PS4.

Edit: think it's just placebo, on certain conditions some clouds still have the very pixelated look.
Also, the AI have been reprogrammed to navigate the final chicane much quicker. They used to nearly stop and could be divebombed for an overtake. Now, the AI cleanly and quickly navigate the chicane. 👍

My next test is Bathurst. I hope they’ve reprogrammed the AI from T3 through Reid Sulman Parks.

Last edited:
Really? I documented this not happening a few weeks ago. If you had the page up you would see the change but if you were on a different page you wouldn't
I'm on the same page as @RoadRacer2556, it was there before as well.

One new thing I noticed:
In Sport mode the usage of the handbrake can be limited in the race settings. E.g. all Nations Cup, Manufacturers Cup and Toyota Cup races/time trials won't allow the usage of the handbrake while moving. It'll only work when standing still.
I noticed that when trying to spin around during practice earlier.

However, I don't know if this is new or not, just the first time I saw that

I'm on the same page as @RoadRacer2556, it was there before as well.

One new thing I noticed:
In Sport mode the usage of the handbrake can be limited in the race settings. E.g. all Nations Cup, Manufacturers Cup and Toyota Cup races/time trials won't allow the usage of the handbrake while moving. It'll only work when standing still.
I noticed that when trying to spin around during practice earlier.

However, I don't know if this is new or not, just the first time I saw that
this definitely was not a thing before... and i think i know why they have done it... (to stop people tapping the handbrake for corner-correcting mid corner)

Last edited:
Just after winning in ticket "roulette" valuable prizes like engine or a car, for the part of a second the screen flashes with gold background color.

They fix this song: Before, was't posible to know the name of the song becouse doesn't showed properly.

Last edited:
Pretty certain the Gone with the Wind challenge known as "Spa Divine Moves" (F1500-TA overtake mission in the Rain) has been patched again.

After it was patched before (I believe to include the correct tyres) the lead cars would spin out at out Les Combes pre 1.15 leading to a very straight forward run to the finish - the only real obstacle was ensuring you didn't collide with the hapless AI at Les Combes.

Just tried it again, exiting and restarting a few times and there are no more pile ups at Les Combes anymore - it's become a much sterner challenge once again. Difficult infact.

Last edited:
Back