PC Hardware | video settings | benchmarksPC 

• Thread starter Whitestar
  • 385 comments
I just got a GTX 1060 and even on my old system this game run great on a single monitor.

View attachment 610367
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 (GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD)
GA-Z77X-UD3H Motherboard
Intel Core i7-3770K
16GB RAM DDR3

On my preferred settings I'm getting over 180FPS on average.

Dang, based on your excellent result, now my decision to upgrade just got harder.......

1) upgrade from i7-2600k/Z68mobo to i7-4790k/Z97mobo, or:

2) upgrade from GTX970/3GB to GTX1060-OC/6GB

Any opinion on the better option of the 2? cheers :cheers:

EDIT: Oh, I'm getting benchmarks of 13316-single screen, and 8826-triple screens.

Last edited:
Dang, based on your excellent result, now my decision to upgrade just got harder.......

1) upgrade from i7-2600k/Z68mobo to i7-4790k/Z97mobo, or:

2) upgrade from GTX970/3GB to GTX1060-OC/6GB

Any opinion on the better option of the 2? cheers :cheers:
I'd say neither. The 970/1060 difference is relatively small (maybe 1-2 settings a little higher but won't get you comfortably from 1080p to 1440p or any jump that big), and the CPU difference for gaming will be tiny.

Save your money, buy a GTX1160/1170 (whatever is actually useful for running 4K) next year.

And out goes the xbox one.....and in comes a new gaming pc :D

Today i ordered the new MSI Trident-014EU
large.png

Specs : Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 3GB, RAM 8GB SO-DIMM DDR4

How's the new MSI Gaming rig working out? I was looking at the GTX 1060 3GB to upgrade my GTX 660Ti, wondering if 3GB is enough for single screen 1440 resolution.

How's the new MSI Gaming rig working out? I was looking at the GTX 1060 3GB to upgrade my GTX 660Ti, wondering if 3GB is enough for single screen 1440 resolution.
I like it, everything works fine. But i'm using only 1080 resolution. I can't tell you more because i'm a pc gamer for just 1 week and i'm still a noob in pc gaming land.

I guess Kunos does a decent job optimizing this game. I can crank the details up in this running 4k and no issue at all. Running pCARs or Dirt Rally or even Raceroom I need to be more choosy in what I keep and what I turn off.

I run three 1080/60 screens at fairly high settings on my 970 so I'd presume a 1060 should handle a single 1440 screen fine.

Is this the right place to ask about what sort of machine a friend would need to run AC comfortably with the Oculus Rift? (Assuming Oculus Rift is the VR support of choice for AC and most games)

Is this the right place to ask about what sort of machine a friend would need to run AC comfortably with the Oculus Rift? (Assuming Oculus Rift is the VR support of choice for AC and most games)
I'd be shooting for a GTX1070 if it were me. The 970 can handle it but will struggle with higher settings and/or with lots of AI. The 970 is the minimum requirement and we all know how that works out most of the time.

Ran the PC benchmark on my gaming PC with i5, SSD, and GeForce GTX 660 TI @ 1920x1080:

FPS: AVG=104, MIN=65 MAX=120, VARIANCE=0, CPU=59%

Is there a thread listed AC benchmarks?

Looked decent to me, and for hot lapping and AI racing, I might hold off on upgrading the GPU.
I also have AC on my PS4 Pro, so there's that.

The most unfortunate thing is that I'm remodeling my spare room, and until that is completed, my Playseat and Wheel can't be setup. And yeah I should be working on the remodel instead of posting here!

I'd be shooting for a GTX1070 if it were me. The 970 can handle it but will struggle with higher settings and/or with lots of AI. The 970 is the minimum requirement and we all know how that works out most of the time.

So JP, in your opinion, is it my i7-2600k/Z68 mobo or my GTX970 the biggest bottleneck on why my triple screen benchmark is only 8826?

So JP, in your opinion, is it my i7-2600k/Z68 mobo or my GTX970 the biggest bottleneck on why my triple screen benchmark is only 8826?

it is your gtx970, if you get 8k@3x1080 of course your result will be lower then those with single monitor. 2600k is more than enough for AC especially if overclocked. The thing is, when upping the resolution you load the gpu more and the performance will suffer/will be bottlenecked so to say. The cpu load will get higher if your gpu is spitting out more frames, you cant test it buy running the AC performance app or MsiAfterburner at lower resolution/settings and you will see that when the frames are higher the cpu load/work will be higher as it must match the gpu and its high fps output. If you doubt me, look at my AC benchmark, I think you got 13k while I get 11k with a i7 skylake system but I guess I am running with higher settings than you.

AC VERSION: 1.9.3 (x64)
FPS: AVG=75 MIN=43 MAX=138 VARIANCE=0 CPU=38%

LOADING TIME: 17s
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (1920x1200)
OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x100-0x1
CPU CORES: 8
FULLSCREEN: ON
AA:4X AF:16X SHDW:4096 BLUR:0
WORLD DETAIL: 5 SMOKE:5
PP: QLT:5 HDR:1 FXAA:1 GLR:5 DOF:5 RAYS:1 HEAT:1

Buy the way, here is my question. Have AC released a new patch or something as I was forced to lower reflection quality one step so that the video memory allocation of my gpu gtx 970 does not exceed about 3.5GB because of doing so the fps plummets down from 80-90 to 34. So have Kunoz upped quality of the gfx filters? And my ffb feels totally differently now, too. Feels more natural, so any one know if they have slipped a patch with out realising any info about it?

Earlier this year I used 1070 but it was totally overkill for AC so it went back to the store, now I almost feel like it was a bad decision as I have to downgrade my settings a step in game for smooth fps. AC Seems like when I played bf3 and bf4 when the each dlc made the game more and more demanding hehe.

Last edited:
it is your gtx970, if you get 8k@3x1080 of course your result will be lower then those with single monitor. 2600k is more than enough for AC especially if overclocked. The thing is, when upping the resolution you load the gpu more and the performance will suffer/will be bottlenecked so to say. The cpu load will get higher if your gpu is spitting out more frames, you cant test it buy running the AC performance app or MsiAfterburner at lower resolution/settings and you will see that when the frames are higher the cpu load/work will be higher as it must match the gpu and its high fps output. If you doubt me, look at my AC benchmark, I think you got 13k while I get 11k with a i7 skylake system but I guess I am running with higher settings than you.

AC VERSION: 1.9.3 (x64)
FPS: AVG=75 MIN=43 MAX=138 VARIANCE=0 CPU=38%

LOADING TIME: 17s
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (1920x1200)
OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x100-0x1
CPU CORES: 8
FULLSCREEN: ON
AA:4X AF:16X SHDW:4096 BLUR:0
WORLD DETAIL: 5 SMOKE:5
PP: QLT:5 HDR:1 FXAA:1 GLR:5 DOF:5 RAYS:1 HEAT:1

Buy the way, here is my question. Have AC released a new patch or something as I was forced to lower reflection quality one step so that the video memory allocation of my gpu gtx 970 does not exceed about 3.5GB because of doing so the fps plummets down from 80-90 to 34. So have Kunoz upped quality of the gfx filters? And my ffb feels totally differently now, too. Feels more natural, so any one know if they have slipped a patch with out realising any info about it?

Earlier this year I used 1070 but it was totally overkill for AC so it went back to the store, now I almost feel like it was a bad decision as I have to downgrade my settings a step in game for smooth fps. AC Seems like when I played bf3 and bf4 when the each dlc made the game more and more demanding hehe.

Wow, I wanted to believe that the GTX970 was not the bottleneck. So do you feel a 1070 would resolve my problem? Cheers 👍

Actually that's somewhat relative. More CPU power goes a long way when you want to maximize the number of AI on track. AC has some of the most CPU intensive AI around.
I do not play singleplayer, but I have used an oced q6600 with a gtx470, and it struggled with outputting 45fps@ low at Nürburgring with 32 cars but switching to a modern i7 it jumped up to like 140+fps with the same settings. But if someone is rocking at least a sandybridge based cpu it seems he will be ok with ac.

True that. An overclocked sandybridge still holds up well.

I'm not versed in OC'ing so can only get my vintage little i7-2600k/z68mobo/GTX970 to 3.8ghz. The system shuts down when trying to go higher. I like running 47 AI cars with the Road America Mod in AC but the 2600k runs at 90-99% capacity with my preffered AC settings. Now with recently purchased triple screens my fps drops to 30 often. I would entertain some guidance if ya'll want to help:bowdown: but hunting down driver, bios updates for my hardware kinda got me frustrated, so I gave up.

If you have the stock intel cooler maybe it is the problem. I mean all you need to do is raise the vcore to like 1.35-1.4 and change the multiplayer of the cpu from 34 to 42 for example if you have a tower cooler.
970 at high settings at 3x1080 will have a hard time, so low 30 are not impossible.

Last edited:
If you have the stock intel cooler maybe it is the problem. I mean all you need to do is raise the vcore to like 1.35-1.4 and change the multiplayer of the cpu from 34 to 42 for example if you have a tower cooler.
970 at high settings at 3x1080 will have a hard time, so low 30 are not impossible.

Right now the multiplier is maxed out 34x. You can see by the image here where I can achieve an overclock from 3.40 to 3.601GHz. If I attempt to increase the reference clock speed beyond the 106.00Mhz shown here, the PC shuts down, reboots itself and resets all the settings to back default. Thanks in advance for your replies...👍

System Specs:

CPU- i7-2600K
MOBO- GA-Z68P-DS3
PWR SUPPLY- EVGA 850W G2
RAM- Corsair 16Gb (2x8) DDR3 1333Mhz
VIDEO CARD- Nvidia GTX970 4GB GDDR5

Attachments

• 20161219_161447.jpg
    20161219_161447.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20161219_165442.jpg
    20161219_165442.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 17
Right now the multiplier is maxed out 34x. You can see by the image here where I can achieve an overclock from 3.40 to 3.601GHz. If I attempt to increase the reference clock speed beyond the 106.00Mhz shown here, the PC shuts down, reboots itself and resets all the settings to back default. Thanks in advance for your replies...👍

System Specs:

CPU- i7-2600K
MOBO- GA-Z68P-DS3
PWR SUPPLY- EVGA 850W G2
RAM- Corsair 16Gb (2x8) DDR3 1333Mhz
VIDEO CARD- Nvidia GTX970 4GB GDDR5

No, you should only change the multiplier, and not baseclock.. baseclock/reference clock should always be at 100mhz with mainstream intel cpus expect for skylake/kabylake. If you have a z68 mobo it should be piece of cake for you to change the multplier to above the 34.

All you need to do is find right menu, where you can change it.

Might be better to post this here:
I had a question on this. I have an Alienware Alpha i3. I have a 4k TV. When I output with 4k resolution in Assetto, my FPS dips to 25-30 (I can live with because it looks gorgeous). However, my CPU is only at 20. When I go to 1080p, my FPS goes to 90, but my CPU is working at 80.

Is there anyway to get my CPU to work harder at 4k and carry some more of the load? Why does it carry more of the load at 1080p than at 4k.

Might be better to post this here:
I had a question on this. I have an Alienware Alpha i3. I have a 4k TV. When I output with 4k resolution in Assetto, my FPS dips to 25-30 (I can live with because it looks gorgeous). However, my CPU is only at 20. When I go to 1080p, my FPS goes to 90, but my CPU is working at 80.

Is there anyway to get my CPU to work harder at 4k and carry some more of the load? Why does it carry more of the load at 1080p than at 4k.

That just sounds like AC's way of distributing workload between the CPU and the GPU. Normally the workload will shift towards the GPU if the resolution is high, i.e. graphics demands are high. But different games will do this differently. Have a look at this to better understand: http://www.pcgamer.com/will-your-cpu-bottleneck-your-graphics-card/2/.

You don't really need your CPU to carry more load. The question you should be asking is how can I get better performance out of my CPU. The only way to do that is to overclock or get a new CPU. But your situation looks healthy to me (90 fps at 1080p should be considered very healthy). I don't really see anything that suggests that you need to upgrade (well, unless you want 60+ fps at 4k). :)

No, you should only change the multiplier, and not baseclock.. baseclock/reference clock should always be at 100mhz with mainstream intel cpus expect for skylake/kabylake. If you have a z68 mobo it should be piece of cake for you to change the multplier to above the 34.

All you need to do is find right menu, where you can change it.

GREAT! I just went into the Bios and ramped up the multiplier a bit. It just passed the Intel CPU stress test @ 4.2GHz overclock. Seems like I am well on my way to breathing new life into my vintage i7-2600k!

Can't thank you enough! :bowdown:

Actually that's somewhat relative. More CPU power goes a long way when you want to maximize the number of AI on track. AC has some of the most CPU intensive AI around.

Would a Broadwell CPU be better equipped to handle the Assetto Corsa's CPU Intensive AI vs. a Skylake CPU? I keep hearing that Skylake is a slam dunk if all you plan to do is gaming, but is Assetto Corsa one of those very few games that will benefit with a Broadwell chip? :eek:

Would a Broadwell CPU be better equipped to handle the Assetto Corsa's CPU Intensive AI vs. a Skylake CPU? I keep hearing that Skylake is a slam dunk if all you plan to do is gaming, but is Assetto Corsa one of those very few games that will benefit with a Broadwell chip? :eek:
I assume you're talking Broadwell E (6+ cores) versus Skylake with only 4 cores?

The answer from my side is a big "not sure". I don't recall seeing any benchmarks of the Broadwell E variants with heavy AI. It will depend on how effectively AC scales beyond 8 threads and how important clock speed is.

I assume you're talking Broadwell E (6+ cores) versus Skylake with only 4 cores?

The answer from my side is a big "not sure". I don't recall seeing any benchmarks of the Broadwell E variants with heavy AI. It will depend on how effectively AC scales beyond 8 threads and how important clock speed is.

Yes, it is the Broadwell E that I meant to indicate. I might consider it for gaming now, because in the future it sounds like it would give me the flexibility to match it up with an nVidia Quadro Video Card for CAD rendering.

Cheers 👍

I've got a 6 core Xeon so I'll check on this now. For some reason my memory is telling me that during some versions of the game it would use all 6 cores but no hyperthreading, and more recently it was only using 4 cores but it was using hyperthreading. Could be remembering wrongly though, going to see now.

Pretty sure one or two cores take the majority of the brunt though.

EDIT:

I'll edit rather than double post. I was almost right. As of now the game uses all 6 cores, but it almost never makes use of their hyperthreading (Core one showed 25-30% for a few seconds).

During a quick 40 car race at Spa, 100% AI strength and locking the frame rate to 60fps, the primary core was hovering around 65-85% usage while the other 5 cores were under 30-50% usage.

My CPU is a Xeon X5670 on it's 24/7, 4.2Ghz overclock, it's IPC at the same clock speeds as newer gen chips is a fair bit slower for anyone's information.

Last edited:
Hi guys, do you think a i5 6600K, with 16GB RAM DDR4 2133mhz and a GTX 1070 can run AC at 1440p with high or ultra settings above 60 fps??

Back