PD is introducing "Friendly" Daily Races in Sport Mode

What is the point of this?
The use case for this is for people who want to do a daily race but don't want their DR and SR potentially tanked.

If you are high A+ you gain nothing out of dailies but risk losing thousands of DR points with an accident or disconnect which in turn impacts the split you get put in for championship races.

I dont see why beginners would care about this feature as PD claims at all, it doesnt affect them.

The use case for this is for people who want to do a daily race but don't want their DR and SR potentially tanked.

If you are high A+ you gain nothing out of dailies but risk losing thousands of DR points with an accident or disconnect which in turn impacts the split you get put in for championship races.

I dont see why beginners would care about this feature as PD claims at all, it doesnt affect them.
Feels like playing poker with fake money. It’s just not the same and people play differently.

Yeah but it's better than your odds of going into multiplayer and finding a full lobby that's half decent... especially since they haven't fixed the lobby issues
That’s true. Lobbies are hopeless and it’s telling they’re doing this before fixing them. Must be part of their grand plan ™️

I hope PD goes all the way with this. Tuning enabled for at least one event, have different events than the standard Weekly races, no ghosting or penalties, and have mics enabled! While I would rather have GT6 style Quick Matches, I would still do these events a lot if implemented well.

Is it going to apply to all dailies though? I wouldn't want to get my DR tanked in a championship race with no avenue to increase it before the next one

So, don't see any mention of this in game. Anyone know if this is still happening?
It has replaced race A this week. If you look on the sport screen it shows two icons above race A to show that DR/SR are not affected. Race B and C are the same as usual.

In my limited experience with it so far there's no more ramming than any other sport race...

It has replaced race A this week. If you look on the sport screen it shows two icons above race A to show that DR/SR are not affected. Race B and C are the same as usual.

In my limited experience with it so far there's no more ramming than any other sport race...
Ah, well spotted. Couldn't see it for looking at it.

Well that's about the minimal amount of effort I expect from PD at this point. Turn off SR/DR for 1 already existing race. Pure mince.

I did two of the races so far and with it just being race a of the weekly races, it is not much different from a normal weekly race. I do recommend qualifying since 7 laps isn't enough to go to the front unless you are really lucky. Also there are still penalties but luckily minor contact is fine so the races are mildly entertaining if you think of it like NASCAR. Draft gives about a 6 mph boost if connected for the whole lap and I think it's like NASCAR with no going below the double yellow line unless forced to, but like in NASCAR it seems a bit shady how this rule is enforced.
Overall, this is better than nothing but Quick Matches in GT6 were better than this in every way. I will do some more races, but I really hope they make tuning allowed and an option to invite people at least until / if online lobbies are fixed.

PD is introducing "Friendly" Daily Races in Sport Mode​

Haha are they heckers like. As many who have experienced the real world have pointed out, this will just create a barge fest. If they want to create friendly races they need to turn off DR but keep SR on. Simple.

I think the rammers might also learn a thing or two about where the real fun in racing is - good clean battling. When to try a move and when to submit to one.

Oh how much I could improve this game if I was the designer.

PD really are complete and total real world illiterates. A while ago I was suggesting that, now it's simply confirmed.

Last edited:
Wonder if this is a bribe to calm us down, yes this will be a step but there's other things wrong with the game like the music rally, insufficient credits. And the penalty system is crap to be honest, some drivers get away with certain things.

I like the idea tbh, I’ve always felt like the FIA races should have their own rating system but this is a good start. There are too many people in the daily races who just don’t give a ****.

Last edited:
this is great for me at least because I can now get the 50 sport mode races trophy and therefore platinum without having to worry about losing DR

I did a Race A and was disappointed with the lack of crashes. I went out like a G in the first lap going for a move. Will try another and probably not play the rest of the week unless Race C gets high praise here.

Last edited:
Watching kie25 doing the new type of friendly races (which he seemed to enjoy) seems very half hearted. Daytona oval was always going to be a bump draft fest and likely the only reason they turned the ranks off was to stop all the resets. Weak.

Feels like playing poker with fake money. It’s just not the same and people play differently.
You're playing a driving game and regional/world tour busman's holiday contestants aside, you're playing for fake chips too. Do you race differently because of them?

It's starting to feel like PD is literally incapable of making a sensible decision. Replacing daily A is literally the worst possible way they could have implemented this idea. Literally any other way would have been better.

They could have added a new race and had it be unranked. They could have had a ranked/unranked option for each of the three daily races. They could have had just daily A but have a ranked/unranked option. It's hard to think of a worse way to do it than the way they've chosen.

Watching kie25 doing the new type of friendly races (which he seemed to enjoy) seems very half hearted. Daytona oval was always going to be a bump draft fest and likely the only reason they turned the ranks off was to stop all the resets. Weak.

You're playing a driving game and regional/world tour busman's holiday contestants aside, you're playing for fake chips too. Do you race differently because of them?
All in everytime.

All in everytime.
Doesn't work every time. Sooner or later, you'll get called by someone who better understands the risk and reward.

There's a few people in here from the quick match days who I've seen make mincemeat out of dirty drivers but from what I saw in kie's stream, those skills weren't needed. The next friendly race needs a couple of braking zones for a proper litmus test, anyway.

PD is introducing "Friendly" Daily Races in Sport Mode​

Haha are they heckers like. As many who have experienced the real world have pointed out, this will just create a barge fest. If they want to create friendly races they need to turn off DR but keep SR on. Simple.

I think the rammers might also learn a thing or two about where the real fun in racing is - good clean battling. When to try a move and when to submit to one.

Oh how much I could improve this game if I was the designer.

PD really are complete and total real world illiterates. A while ago I was suggesting that, now it's simply confirmed.
Most people aren’t idiots. They are simply lower skilled or youngsters trying out online like any other game mode. If a game encourages fairplay most will try to stick to the rules.

The most intimidating aspect of online play is those who take it ultra seriously and will rage on anyone making the slightest mistake. That’s if they aren’t already in an awful mood complaining about BoP etc.

Maybe they do need some entirely different casual online modes. As an experienced racer current daily races just don’t appeal. I’d much prefare a hopper race option to try different cars & tracks.

Had lots of Fun and good, fair fought out Battles today.
PD, give us more of that.
Maybe live up to the Name like it once was?!
Anyway, I think it was a good start and hopefully Driving Standards and Attitude in General this Racing Idea offers will hopefully translate and make some Players rethink their Approach.
Video Games should be about having fun and celebrating a good Time.
If I want seriousness, I hop out of my Rig and face the Real World 😁

I think this could be good, the dirty racers will stay at friendly races [...]
I think it's the exact opposite as most dirty drivers (in the higher ranked lobbies) are sweatlords who care way too much about their DR and do everything to improve it (or not loose any). I wanted to play a few unranked races yesterday but somehow missed which one is unranked and then didn't bother with it and did something else :D

Latest Posts

Back