PD is introducing "Friendly" Daily Races in Sport Mode

Ran a few of these yesterday, and didn't see any contact penalties at all (B/S rooms), just a few track limits penalties. Watching the A+ guys streaming last night and there were lots of contact penalties being handed out.

Is there a difference depending on driver ratings?

Is there a difference depending on driver ratings?

Yes, it's still the same driver rating bias rubbish that sport had. The lower Dr you are the more contact you can get away with, you get free shots at anyone at a higher level than you because they are more experienced and should know better or something. :ill:

In sport (don't know about 7 yet) you could even abuse tracks limits more if you were low rated (say B and under) and got less of a penalty if you did get caught. :lol:

:gtplanet::cheers:

Last edited:
I did some more races and about the only things to note is the Ford GTs are op and I've yet to see anyone but myself even get a top 5 in a Viper. I will probably do enough races to get a broken penalty compilation though, so better than nothing?

Did 1 race yesterday at Daytona, bump drafted someone into 1st place hoping to work with them, but no... Didn't appreciate the help & brake checked me on the banking causing me to spin out. Ended up fifth.
Yes this is a problem with randoms, some don't know what you are doing when you bump draft, they think you are punting them, so they try for "revenge" so you get what you deserve. :lol::lol::lol:

If they had random races for every time you joined this, it would have been fun, one lap qualification. And just put people in random cars, and if you could join as a group with friends, it would have been awesome!

Last edited:
It will be good practice too for those that race dirty in ranked modes.
It will be a good idea to start last in the friendly races, turn 1 is where the carnage is and where one can make up 4 spots easy.

Yes, it's still the same driver rating bias rubbish that sport had. The lower Dr you are the more contact you can get away with, you get free shots at anyone at a higher level than you because they are more experienced and should know better or something. :ill:

In sport (don't know about 7 yet) you could even abuse tracks limits more if you were low rated (say B and under) and got less of a penalty if you did get caught. :lol:

I played sport for years and never heard or noticed this?

Last edited:
So there is now just two ranked races all week and one unranked? How do people not get bored out of their mind?

I didn't notice that in kie's stream. People were getting penalties like you say but the reason they got them was plain to see. Usually from bunching up and the pinball physics taking over. They all seemed to be within reason, though.

I didn't notice that in kie's stream. People were getting penalties like you say but the reason they got them was plain to see. Usually from bunching up and the pinball physics taking over. They all seemed to be within reason, though.

It's not that it gives unfair penalties to high rated drivers (not at the moment anyway), more so that lower rated ones (B and below) do not have to drive to the same standards and rules and do not get these deserved penalties for doing the exact same thing to each other. Then if you end up with a mixed room it'll let the B rated driver punt the A or A+ driver without penalty more often than not.

At one point (probably more) in Sport it used to even give the A rated guy the penalty for it. I think @Sven Jurgens even used to deliberately lose Dr sometimes to stop this from happening, as he was getting lots of unfair penalties when the B drivers were constantly hitting him yet since he was A rated it was always blaming him.

It's not that it gives unfair penalties to high rated drivers (not at the moment anyway), more so that lower rated ones (B and below) do not have to drive to the same standards and rules and do not get these deserved penalties for doing the exact same thing to each other. Then if you end up with a mixed room it'll let the B rated driver punt the A or A+ driver without penalty more often than not.

At one point (probably more) in Sport it used to even give the A rated guy the penalty for it. I think @Sven Jurgens even used to deliberately lose Dr sometimes to stop this from happening, as he was getting lots of unfair penalties when the B drivers were constantly hitting him yet since he was A rated it was always blaming him.

Ah, OK. I've never seen mixed rank races to see how it works in them. Thanks for the answer, mate👍

Can you imagine if they’re just the same 3 dailies we have already but with a ‘unranked mode’. That’d be some level of idiocy

PD:

My Song Party GIF by Beat Shazam
Amazing that they went even further in their madness than you predicted.

Amazing that they went even further in their madness than you predicted.
I know. 🤦‍♂️. I thought they might be stupid enough to mirror the dailies but I don’t even contemplate them hijacking an existing one. Everything decision they make seems to make the game worse.

I got Regan Smith'd and it wasn't even for the win
I'm probably done for the week. Between the low payouts, Viper being a half second off the pace and the penalty system rewarding the dirty driver, I don't have any incentive to continue except for more footage for a broken penalty compilation.

Last edited:
When looking at the three daily races, A B C, in the top of the box that shows the A race, it shows that it's a BoP race and that DR/SR is not being counted (or something like that )
So basically it is as legit as a lobby race, does NOT count for a win if you do win, you won't lose DR points if you finish in the infield spinning because someone punted you, you won't lose SR points if you punt someone else off.
Just another lobby race
PD should stop this before it really ruins the Sport mode

Latest Posts

Back