PDI Racing Kart 100 Championship - Season 3 - **Season Completed**

• Thread starter Tom
  • 805 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
No lap times for me either, I havent been karting as much so I am probably going to be opening up a practice room tomorrow sometime. Anyone else down for some Friday practice??
Not that it is a big deal, but my kart was painted and I dont have the Light matte red paint chip that it was originally, so Team Two Two will be sporting a new paint scheme. Unless of course anyone has a Light Matte Red paint chip, I would be willing to trade anything for it. That goes for all the matte colors, I love them and will offer anything anyone want for them. (other paint chips, cars, helmets, suits) 👍

No lap times for me either, I havent been karting as much so I am probably going to be opening up a practice room tomorrow sometime. Anyone else down for some Friday practice??
Not that it is a big deal, but my kart was painted and I dont have the Light matte red paint chip that it was originally, so Team Two Two will be sporting a new paint scheme. Unless of course anyone has a Light Matte Red paint chip, I would be willing to trade anything for it. That goes for all the matte colors, I love them and will offer anything anyone want for them. (other paint chips, cars, helmets, suits) 👍

Depending on the time I'll join you for some practice tomorrow, let me know when.

I'll check for a Matte Red chip, pretty sure I have one. If I do, I'll let you know what I'd like ;-)

Depending on the time I'll join you for some practice tomorrow, let me know when.

I'll check for a Matte Red chip, pretty sure I have one. If I do, I'll let you know what I'd like ;-)
Awesome, thanks. I will send out a friend request tonight or tomorrow

I plan on being there also, only thing, I have been strugglin in the Kart lately. Im hoping today, all will be better. 👍

Lounge will open at 16:45 ish today, with no support race.

Haven't done a single lap of practice! I'll do some shortly before the race.. dang Battlefield.. just one.. more.. game..

eNJS
Haven't done a single lap of practice! I'll do some shortly before the race.. dang Battlefield.. just one.. more.. game..

Same here. Just started playing Battlefield over the holidays and man is it ever addictive.

I have a room up for practice. 1472-6118-3744-3753-9913

Also, does anybody else want a few more laps? I myself would prefer two 10 lap races at least. It seems the buildup to each week is so long and the race itself is so short.

Good racing yesterday you all. Specially the 2nd race was super close, at the last lap, 4 guys within 0.5 sec i think it was.

I will post the race results later today or tomorrow, for both the races at GVE.

Last edited:
Good racing yesterday you all. Specially the 2nd race was super close, at the laps lap, 4 guys within 0.5 sec i think it was.

I will post the race results later today or tomorrow, for both the races at GVE.

That it was, I got lucky and made it through the skirmishes :) Looking forward to seeing the results.

One thing I noticed watching the replays, even though Senna said 'if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer racing', there were a number of incidents caused by some aggresive moves, that had little chance of success.

Especially with Karts, because of the draft, you'll always have another chance to make a clean pass. A quick tap of the brake and back on the accelerator keeps you and an unwilling victim in the race 👍

See you all next week!

Hey all. Fun yesterday but frustrating. 👍

Just watched the replay of the first race.

Horrible race for me. First lap was in 3rd, got punted off. Relegated to the back of the field, came up behind someone on the 2nd lap, they were moving around, we touched, they spun, I wasn't sure what had happened so I let them through, finished 8th. Totally ****. Probably the worst race I've had since getting GT5.

2nd race, was in first, pushing too hard, spun on the fast right hander before the tunnel, tried to reverse into the gravel so nobody would hit me, unfortunately someone did, my race pretty much over, went past a few people but not very exciting. My own stupid mistake.

Sounded like a good race at the front, I'll check that out later. Looking forward to next week. Incident free I hope.👍

Last edited:
kcheeb
That it was, I got lucky and made it through the skirmishes :) Looking forward to seeing the results.

One thing I noticed watching the replays, even though Senna said 'if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer racing', there were a number of incidents caused by some aggresive moves, that had little chance of success.

Especially with Karts, because of the draft, you'll always have another chance to make a clean pass. A quick tap of the brake and back on the accelerator keeps you and an unwilling victim in the race 👍

See you all next week!

Not for me, I got 2-3 MPH w/ draft lol

Based on the replays, it looks like you have set your max gear to 140 ?

The setup in Karts is tres important (limit of my french :dopey:). I'm trying to learn, just found how to adjust with the first gear and final gear. I 'think' they relate to the size of the gear on the motor and the size on the axle.

You can get the same top speed by altering each of them independantly. What I mean is, to get 100 mph, I can use different first gears and by changing the final gear I can get back to 100 mph (or vice versa). Not sure how this affects overall pace though??? Need more play time I guess.

kcheeb
The setup in Karts is tres important (limit of my french :dopey:). I'm trying to learn, just found how to adjust with the first gear and final gear. I 'think' they relate to the size of the gear on the motor and the size on the axle.

You can get the same top speed by altering each of them independantly. What I mean is, to get 100 mph, I can use different first gears and by changing the final gear I can get back to 100 mph (or vice versa). Not sure how this affects overall pace though??? Need more play time I guess.

Also curious as to what the benefits of the custom tuning is aside from more precise top speed setting. If I remember correctly the help section for the kart transmission tuning mentions that you should try to keep the gears close together and that beginners shouldn't play around with custom gears or something like that. I guess that means you can mess it up although it seems fairly straightforward.

For what its worth, I always have my "final drive" gear between 4.300 and 4.400. Then I will adjust the first gear or the top speed. I like to be a couple mph more than most, ie Grand Valley I was ruinning 111 - 112 mph, even though top speed was about 99 mph at the very end of the straight without draft.

For what its worth, I always have my "final drive" gear between 4.300 and 4.400. Then I will adjust the first gear or the top speed. I like to be a couple mph more than most, ie Grand Valley I was ruinning 111 - 112 mph, even though top speed was about 99 mph at the very end of the straight without draft.

Thanks bdub, I'll be trying that out 👍

I never made it to 99 mph without draft, I maxed at 96 with the top speed set to 101 I believe.

I remember willie saying a broken in kart should have 24 bhp, mine's only 23 with 1300 miles on it. Checked oil change, not needed, it would let me do an engine rebuild though, perhaps that's the ticket to get the extra 1 bhp?

IIRC when you look it says 23 but when you go into a session then hit 'settings', it shows up as 24. At least it did during the TT recently I think.

I almost never touch final drive. I don't know the difference, if you set your kart up for ~150kph using first or you set up to ~150kph using final, is there any change in the behaviour or performance?

I think I tested it out at Autumn Ring once and felt lowering final drive then adjusting everything from there was a couple of tenths quicker. Nothing dramatic, not even sure if this is true or it could be all in my head. @ Kcheeb, you should do the engine rebuild, that is where you will get the 1hp plus about 1 lb of torque. Also 101 is very low, you were maxing your top speed on the worst part of the power band. These karts hit an aero wall around 100 mph, so if you are in the best part of the power band when this occurs it should be good for about 2 - 4 mph by yourself on a long straight. Hope this makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back