PDI Racing Kart 100 Championship - Season 3 - **Season Completed**

• Thread starter Tom
  • 805 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC when you look it says 23 but when you go into a session then hit 'settings', it shows up as 24. At least it did during the TT recently I think.

Thanks chop, I'll look and see what I find.

@ Kcheeb, you should do the engine rebuild, that is where you will get the 1hp plus about 1 lb of torque. Also 101 is very low, you were maxing your top speed on the worst part of the power band. These karts hit an aero wall around 100 mph, so if you are in the best part of the power band when this occurs it should be good for about 2 - 4 mph by yourself on a long straight. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks bdub, that makes perfect sense to me now :dopey: This is awesome information, thanks for sharing!

Grand Valley East - Race 1 Results

1st. williebaby28
2nd. tombrooks97 +02.611
3rd. bdubclub +13.918
4th. kcheeb +14.048
5th. TAYLOR-TRON +14.467
6th. surfscoter +19.459
7th. cowboys965 +24.421
8th. Lordchopsington +39.379
9th. haitch40 +51.235
10th. Bashman-_- +51.415
11th. johnwells69 +56.864

Fastest lap TAYLOR-TRON with 1:16.629

Grand Valley East - Race 2 Results

1st. williebaby28
2nd. haitch40 +00.152
3rd. tombrooks97 +00.167
4th. kcheeb +00.584
5th. bdubclub +06.236
6th. Lordchopsington +08.137
7th. surfscoter +18.768
8th. cowboys965 +20.782
9th. TAYLOR-TRON +25.976
10th. johnwells69 +32.623
11th. Bashman-_- +32.697

Fastest lap tombrooks97 with 1:16.177

Last edited:
AnTiheLT
Grand Valley East - Race 1 Results

1st. williebaby28
2nd. tombrooks97 +02.611
3rd. bdubclub +13.918
4th. kcheeb +14.048
5th. TAYLOR-TRON +14.467
6th. surfscoter +19.459
7th. cowboys965 +24.421
8th. Lordchopsington +39.379
9th. haitch40 +51.235
10th. Bashman-_- +51.415
11th. johnwells69 +56.864

Fastest lap TAYLOR-TRON with 1:16.629

Grand Valley East - Race 2 Results

1st. williebaby28
2nd. haitch40 +00.152
3rd. tombrooks97 +00.167
4th. kcheeb +00.584
5th. bdubclub +06.236
6th. Lordchopsington +08.137
7th. surfscoter +18.768
8th. cowboys965 +20.782
9th. TAYLOR-TRON +25.976
10th. johnwells69 +32.623
11th. Bashman-_- +32.697

Fastest lap tombrooks97 with 1:16.177

Wow would never have guessed I had a fastest lap :-)

IIRC when you look it says 23 but when you go into a session then hit 'settings', it shows up as 24. At least it did during the TT recently I think.

I checked and it was 23 in the Garage and 23 in my Lounge. I do remember something about motor stats being off in one place in the game.

@ Kcheeb, you should do the engine rebuild, that is where you will get the 1hp plus about 1 lb of torque. Also 101 is very low, you were maxing your top speed on the worst part of the power band. These karts hit an aero wall around 100 mph, so if you are in the best part of the power band when this occurs it should be good for about 2 - 4 mph by yourself on a long straight. Hope this makes sense.

So, I did the rebuild, back up to 24, vrooom, vroom :)

For what its worth, I always have my "final drive" gear between 4.300 and 4.400. Then I will adjust the first gear or the top speed. I like to be a couple mph more than most, ie Grand Valley I was ruinning 111 - 112 mph, even though top speed was about 99 mph at the very end of the straight without draft.

Using your guidelines I was able to pull a 1:17:017 without too much difficulty. A perfect lap should net a high 1:16 👍

I took a look at the HP and Torque curves of the motor, seems you want it to max out around 12,000 rpm, as they both drop off substantially after that. Funny, I've read all kinds of stuff about this but until you related it to me like that ... :dunce:

Great learning experience!!!

I just set first gear at a reasonable level then extend/shorten in based on the track, I try to hit my top speed without a slipstream at the end of the longest straight. Then I lengthen it by ~10/20 for 'raceability'.

None of this torque curve wotsit :lol:

I almost never touch final drive. I don't know the difference, if you set your kart up for ~150kph using first or you set up to ~150kph using final, is there any change in the behaviour or performance?

In the TT 25 with the kart space II track, i tried a lot of settings for the gear ratio, but did not feel any big well even small difference, setting a low 1st gear or low final gear. The 2 thing i usually mess with, is max speed, and then final gear,, but only if the track got an very long straight.

I dont think we have enough people in the series for the bug to cause any sort of problem. I think it is whenever you get 12+ in a room, so we should be good as long as we stay at 11 or 12 people.

Major online bugs actually, try and look how many of the "Racing Series" that have been cancelled / postponed due to the online bugs

Will do and thanks for the info on how you set up your Kart. I think everyone appreciates it :sly:

I dont think we have enough people in the series for the bug to cause any sort of problem. I think it is whenever you get 12+ in a room, so we should be good as long as we stay at 11 or 12 people.

Dosent matter how many drivers there are, yesterday i was in a room with only 2 others, and it was messed up so i quickly left.

Dosent matter how many drivers there are, yesterday i was in a room with only 2 others, and it was messed up so i quickly left.
I never experienced it with that many people. I was victim to it in a couple fmsc races where we had 14 people in a lobby. It seems to happen more often when you are using a wheel, but have heard it can happen with ds3 users also. I say lets just keep it under 12 and see what happens. I'm looking forward to following you around Madrid willie, should be a good race.

I never experienced it with that many people. I was victim to it in a couple fmsc races where we had 14 people in a lobby. It seems to happen more often when you are using a wheel, but have heard it can happen with ds3 users also. I say lets just keep it under 12 and see what happens. I'm looking forward to following you around Madrid willie, should be a good race.

Hehe there is actually an other reason why i wanna postpone the race on madrid, i am not home this saturday !

Was looking forward to madrid, but it all comes down to what tom thinks about it.

Anyways good luck to you all on the race if its gonna happend 👍

I've been in a few rooms and have seen lag happening to other people and once myself. Not sure if that's what you're talking about.

Some folks swear by the 'everyone in the pits prior to race start' method of minimizing lag. But last Sunday we did have some folks have issues with connections. It seemed localized to them though, as they left and re-joined and all was good again.

Clearing your cache before joining a room is also highly recommended.

Is this issue you're talking about different than lag?

I found this thread that talks about it, but more in terms of, the rooms messed rather than specifics ... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=234503&page=35

Hehe there is actually an other reason why i wanna postpone the race on madrid, i am not home this saturday !

Was looking forward to madrid, but it all comes down to what tom thinks about it.

Confirmed, Race is a go :)

Just kidding, bummer you'll be missing the race this Saturday. You can still win, I missed one and am in second :sly:

Doodlemonoply lurking 👍

Its not so much of a lag issue as a loss of traction, power, braking performance issue. Usually costing the people it affects 3-5 seconds a lap.

Doodlemonoply lurking 👍

Its not so much of a lag issue as a loss of traction, power, braking performance issue. Usually costing the people it affects 3-5 seconds a lap.

Doodlemonopoly, not sure if I've raced him or not, the more the merrier :)
If he's from that same group, lot's of good Kart racers there.

I haven't experienced it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen, obviously.
We'll see what wise young Tom comes up with 👍

Doodlemonopoly, not sure if I've raced him or not, the more the merrier :)
If he's from that same group, lot's of good Kart racers there.

I haven't experienced it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen, obviously.
We'll see what wise young Tom comes up with 👍

I have run into Doodle a few times in the open lobbies, I know he put up a top ten time on the TT with the dlc 100 kart, so he has to be pretty fast :sly:. (this was a while back, havent checked the updated top times).

I saw some bad lag on saturday when we were racing. Just wait and see what tom says.

I don't know whether to go ahead with the race tomorrow, if everyone's happy to then we will, otherwise we can just call it a day and move onto Season 4 once the patch is out.

Tom
I don't know whether to go ahead with the race tomorrow, if everyone's happy to then we will, otherwise we can just call it a day and move onto Season 4 once the patch is out.

Why don't we try the race but make sure that :

1. everyone clears their cache before joining your lounge.
2. everyone is in the pits before the race starts.

Worst case, if someone has 'the issue' we scrub it and wait for a patch. Won't be wasting too much time to figure it out if it happens or not.

My thoughts.

Why don't we try the race but make sure that :

1. everyone clears their cache before joining your lounge.
2. everyone is in the pits before the race starts.

Worst case, if someone has 'the issue' we scrub it and wait for a patch. Won't be wasting too much time to figure it out if it happens or not.

My thoughts.

Patch is due this Wednesday, along with the DLC.

Bummer willie, I wont be at the final next week becasue of work, so we will see you next season :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back