Pics of yourself

• Thread starter keeno_uk
  • 32,520 comments
That's because I'm British and I was on tour.

What I mean is that you looked like a trademarked Brit on Tour... like the kind that go in waves to bars around here (in the tourist area) and usually get into fights a lot, which is the part that sucks. Did you wear sandals with socks? Because that's the trademarked daytime wear of Brits on Tour... although sandals with white socks is for Germans on Tour.

I'll shoot a pic of Brits on Tour whenever I get a chance.

The suit jacket is ok but he needs a lighter pair of jeans with a pair of shoes. I can't tell what colour the suit jacket is, it looks navy but would be better in black. That outfit is ok but you really need a pair of white trainers which are quite plain, something like a pair of Stan Smiths by Adidas. The problem is some clubs are quite strict on trainers.

Stan Smiths

:snip:
If they let in jeans, they will most likely let you in with trainers.

Yea, love the Stan Smiths! I got the ones with the velcro straps:tup:

What I mean is that you looked like a trademarked Brit on Tour... like the kind that go in waves to bars around here (in the tourist area) and usually get into fights a lot, which is the part that sucks. Did you wear sandals with socks? Because that's the trademarked daytime wear of Brits on Tour... although sandals with white socks is for Germans on Tour.

I'll shoot a pic of Brits on Tour whenever I get a chance.

I was just trying to be clever in my last post, sorry if it sounded weird.

Unfortunately, I know exactly the type of thing you mean. Groups of lads walking around hurling abuse in every direction, completely drunk with no consideration for anyone else. I'm not going to sit here and say that I didn't get drunk on holiday, I did, but not so drunk that I was falling over and didn't know where I was. I also have a friendly attitude when I have had a few drinks.

As for socks and sandles, that's a complete no go. I normally find it's the older generation that are guilty.

The funny (and sad) thing is that nightclubs around here, in order to keep a nice crowd throughout the night, will have 2x1 drinks from 8pm to midnight, so it's very common to see very drunk Brits on Tour wandering around before 10pm...

If you want to find an un-drunk-Brit infested nightclub, you usually don't go out before 2am... at which time I'm already asleep. But that's another story.

What's a Trainer?

Sneakers

A club that doesn't allow trainers isn't worth visiting.

It's strange because they seem to vary so much. Whenever I go to central London it's normally ok to wear smart trainers. When I went to Tiger Tiger last they were turning people away because they didn't seem to be wearing the right kind of trainers. Most of the time when I go to London I always wear shoes, simply because then I don't have to run the risk of being turned away.

The town where I live is completely fine with trainers. However about 15 miles away is the town of Colchester. There is a club there that won't allow trainers on a Thursday night, but Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays is ok.

What's a Trainer?

Sneakers.

Aren't trainers chav-tastic?

Depends on the style. The trainers above are plain and clean, nothing chavvy about them at all and you should get into most clubs with them. You could go for a pair of white shoes but I think I'm opening a can of worms by mentioning it.

There is such a blurred line these days to what constitutes a shoe and what constitutes a trainer. As long as your trainers are clean and smart most places will let you in. You've got to ask yourself, is a club that only allows it's punters to wear shoes going to be much fun?

Well it really wasn't a club like we have back in the states, it was basically a bar with music and a dance floor. There weren't any creepy people there and the music wasn't crappy rap so I guess I shouldn't really say club...unless that's what a British club is.

Well it really wasn't a club like we have back in the states, it was basically a bar with music and a dance floor. There weren't any creepy people there and the music wasn't crappy rap so I guess I shouldn't really say club...unless that's what a British club is.

As long as it doesn't have the jailbait whores, sounds like a place I wouldn't mind going.

It was called "The Bridge" here in Oxford, all I know is the DJ liked playing old Jackson 5 stuff for whatever reason. I don't know I had a bit to much to drink so a lot of the night is fuzzy.

Most proper nightclubs will charge an entrance fee where as the bars will let you in for free. I actually prefer some of the smaller bars like you mentioned, they seem to have more atmosphere. Even if you don't stay for long, it's a good warm up for the evening.

It was called "The Bridge" here in Oxford, all I know is the DJ liked playing old Jackson 5 stuff for whatever reason. I don't know I had a bit to much to drink so a lot of the night is fuzzy.

http://www.bridgeoxford.co.uk/welcome.html

The website says Tuesday is there student night, hence the cheesey music.

I'd say that the only difference between a nightclub and a bar these days is that a nightclub probably doesn't open until at least 10pm and charges to get in. But with the recent licencing law changes in the UK, bars can open as late as they like and plenty of them have DJ's and dancefloors too.

dsc00199ir7.th.jpg

heres me looking a bit peeved off. my son had been a bad lad and foolishly thought the best way to lighten his punishment would be to wind me up with a photographic moment. foolsih boy!!!!

dsc00187xi5.th.jpg

this is a cow my kids and i painted in the hall one bored weekend.

*awaites the jokes of having the pics and titles mixed....

dsc00198hu9.th.jpg

and this is my back yard (almost) now the flooding has gone down and the body has been removed!!!

You could go for a pair of white shoes but I think I'm opening a can of worms by mentioning it.
Nobody in America wears white shoes unless they are over 55, avid (but terrible) golfers, and drive a large Buick.

You wanna take fashion tips from those guys? Man, I came of age in the '80s, and I don't wanna...

Nobody in America wears white shoes unless they are over 55, avid (but terrible) golfers, and drive a large Buick.

The county of Essex that I live in is notorious for white shoes (all the women are apparently called Sharon with blonde hair, white handbags & stilettos).

It really depends on the style of white shoe were talking about. As Cracker mentioned earlier, the current style is a trainer/shoe. I'll try and find some examples a bit later.

It really depends on the style of white shoe were talking about. As Cracker mentioned earlier, the current style is a trainer/shoe. I'll try and find some examples a bit later.
Well, white sneakers/trainers are fine. The Cracker was specifically referring to non-trainer white shoes, which nobody except guys like this wear (at least now that the '80s are over):

chevy_chase2.jpg

No Traceys then?? or was the famous comic strip fibbing???

Your right, it was Sharon & Tracy in Birds of a Feather. Nowadays in Essex it's more like Chantelle, Katrina & Chardonnay.

Well, white sneakers/trainers are fine. The Cracker was specifically referring to non-trainer white shoes, which nobody except guys like this wear (at least now that the '80s are over):

I see, shoes that only really go with a smart pair of trousers.

I'm going to take a picture of some white shoes that I have tonight and post them on here. It would be interesting to see how people classify them.

The Cracker was specifically referring to non-trainer white shoes, which nobody except guys like this wear (at least now that the '80s are over)

:odd: ...i don't remember typing anything about white shoes? ;)

Latest Posts

Back