PlayStation Home Rewards

Some people I've stumbled upon on Home have reported seeing avatars holding virtual cameras and taking pictures. Can anyone here confirm this?

hmmm nope not seen it, although when you go into your menu your avatar dose actualy hold wat could be confused with a camera.

lol camera :)

Thanks for the info on the namco games, Ive got most o the gear. I love the pac-man top and the Galaga arcade in your house is really useful lol

Hey DN, can you make the list at the start more specific as to how you gain each item, I know you have done it for some but not for the Namco ones... Like so I know exactly how many points to get for example to get something.

Oh and another question, can you play the Namco Arcade Beta on its own (like not through Home) and still get the rewards for Home? Because I found out now that you can't play on the HK Home win the stuff and then have it available in the EU Home...

Basically how do I get the stuff into EU Home! Play offline on my EU account?

Robin.

Hey DN, can you make the list at the start more specific as to how you gain each item, I know you have done it for some but not for the Namco ones... Like so I know exactly how many points to get for example to get something.

I didn't list them because at the time I wasn't really sure, but I have since confirmed them, and the good news is they are very easy to get.

Here is how you win all the prizes for each game:

Pac-Man
  1. Eat the cherry (level 1)
  2. Eat the strawberry (level 2)
  3. Get to level 2
  4. Eat all 4 ghosts with 1 power pellet

Dig-Dug
  1. Get to stage 2
  2. Get the carrot (stage 1)
  3. Get the turnip (stage 2)
  4. Kill 2 monsters with the same rock

Galaga
  1. Beat stage 1
  2. Beat stage 2
  3. Let an enemy capture your ship (you can get it back by waiting for the enemey ship to bring it down, then shoot the enemy ship)
  4. Shoot down your own captured ship

Xevious
  1. Finish level 1
  2. Finish level 2
  3. Find the "Sol Tower" (between levels, hidden on right side before the road)
  4. Find the "Special Flag" (between levels, hidden on left side in the river)

Your welcome! 👍

Oh and another question, can you play the Namco Arcade Beta on its own (like not through Home) and still get the rewards for Home?
Yes you can. 👍

Last edited:
I've just made a HK account and downloaded the NAMCO museum. Is it playable through EU account?

Yep, just sign in on your EU account and play it from the Games menu of the XMB, you'll unlock the clothes for EU account only though, IIRC.

From,
Chris.

OK, i won the Galaga arcade, placed it in my crib but i can't play it!
Can anyone explain how to do that?
DN , i know you kinda explained it above but that didn't help me the slightest, i still can't play :( (asks me for a code everytime )

OK, i won the Galaga arcade, placed it in my crib but i can't play it!
Can anyone explain how to do that?
DN , i know you kinda explained it above but that didn't help me the slightest, i still can't play :( (asks me for a code everytime )

It is my understanding that while in PS Home, it will only play if you are using a PSN account that is from the same region you downloaded the demo off the PSN store.

That's a guess on my part based on the fact that you also can't play them in the Namco Musuem arcade room if you have not downloaded and installled the demo from the same region. In other words, if you downloaded the Namco Museum demo off the JP store, but wen to the HK Home, the games would not play. So it appears Namco has put a form of region locking so that while it is possible to win the arcade systems, in order to play it from Home and not through the XMB, you must be using a PSN account from the same region as the demo.

It is my understanding that while in PS Home, it will only play if you are using a PSN account that is from the same region you downloaded the demo off the PSN store.

That's a guess on my part based on the fact that you also can't play them in the Namco Musuem arcade room if you have not downloaded and installled the demo from the same region. In other words, if you downloaded the Namco Museum demo off the JP store, but wen to the HK Home, the games would not play. So it appears Namco has put a form of region locking so that while it is possible to win the arcade systems, in order to play it from Home and not through the XMB, you must be using a PSN account from the same region as the demo.

Hmmm,

When I first got the Galaga arcade, I put it in my US home and played it from there. They probably just blocked that on account they meant the game for the JP and HK market only. I haven't played it from my NA account home in a while, but then I don't have a need to, so no big loss.

Also, I don't have my Galaga shirt in my EU account, so it's looks like what you say may be true. It probably happened when I lost all my Namco stuff.

So it appears Namco has put a form of region locking so that while it is possible to win the arcade systems, in order to play it from Home and not through the XMB, you must be using a PSN account from the same region as the demo.

Therefore friends cannot play it at all? That's pretty disappointing.

I managed to get to level 5 on Mercenary Madness but Home crashed. :ouch: No rewards there yet.

Oh, i see ok thanks. You might be right so i'll try it on my JP account to see if it works there.

I just set up a HK account, downloaded the namco demo, played it on my NA account and won the 3 Xevious items and the Dig-Dug Doll. The Xevious arcade game is in my room and playable.

TB
I just set up a HK account, downloaded the namco demo, played it on my NA account and won the 3 Xevious items and the Dig-Dug Doll. The Xevious arcade game is in my room and playable.

Confirmed 👍

Thanks for the tip!

BTW what's the deal with Dig Dug? I'm digging but , how do i beat it LOL?

TB

That's great news! When I get time I am hoping to build my own little game room, and it would have been very disappointing if none of the arcades would actually play.

Xevious
  1. Finish level 1
  2. Finish level 2
  3. Find a "Sol Tower"
  4. Find a "Special Flag"
What are these?

Odd, I played Pac-Man in my US personal space.

BTW what's the deal with Dig Dug? I'm digging but , how do i beat it LOL?
:rolleyes: Youths!!!

You dig and you use your harpoon air gun to inflate the Pookas (orange balls) and Fygars (dragons) before they reach the surface and get away. You get bonus points for dropping rocks on them, even more if you get more than one caught by one rock.

To drop a rock dig directly beneath it and it will begin to shake, you have about a second to get out of the way before it falls. The best way to kill enemies with a rock is to have them chase you in a tunnel from a safe distance back and then dig a long vertical tunnel up to the bottom of the rock and then go to the side as the rock falls and catches all the enemies behind you.

Here's the Wiki page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dig_Dug

Party at my place!

partymv4.jpg

Yes, I know I'm missing one...

It's nuts how many people ask you about where you got the clothes, too. :lol:

How did you get that snazzy wallpaper?

Start---->Personal---->Decorate space (or similar)---->Wallpaper.

There are 8 to choose from, that particular one is called Retro.

From,
Chris.

Don't bother though, because only you can see it on your walls.

I love how there isn't a similar option for the Summer House - so people are paying $5 to receive less content. 👍

Galaga
  1. Beat stage 1
  2. Beat stage 2
  3. Let an enemy capture your ship
  4. Kill the enemy that captured your while he flies down
Maybe it was just me (I may have misread), but I couldn't get the last 25% of the bonus' for Galaga then I noticed something - Both the yellow and blue "tractor beam" guys will suck up your ship (thus giving you #3) but only the yellow one doing so will cause your ship to come back down for you to shoot it. If the blue one tractor beams your ship and you shoot the blue one, you get a double ship. Both have their pluses, but only one gets you you very own... [announcervoioce]Arcade Game![/voice]

Yes, I know my terminology sucks. Deal with it. :P

Don't bother though, because only you can see it on your walls.

I love how there isn't a similar option for the Summer House - so people are paying $5 to receive less content. 👍

Why do you keep posting false information on PS3 related topics?

If you had checked your sources, or for that matter tried it your self you would know that the wallpaper someone selects most definitely DOES show for everyone who visits.

What I believe you can't do, but I'll have to test this out later for myself... (like you should have done before making this post) is for visitors to see you cycle through the different wallpapers while they are in your space.

Bottom line though is that yes, what ever wallpaper you have selected at the time someone joins you in your space, will be seen by that visitor.

As for the Summer House, yes it is odd that there is currently no wallpaper option, and if that's the only reason someone had in getting the summer house, then yes, it wouldn't make sense to buy or even use it.

Fortunately for me, I find it has a significantly more pleasant appeal than the harbor studio, and certainly a much larger and versatile space as well, although I like the harbor studio space as well.

But this subtopic of yours likely belongs else where, so if you want to continue talking about wallpaper, maybe you should post your thoughts in the Home thread instead.

Last edited:

If you had checked your sources, or for that matter tried it your self you would know that the wallpaper someone selects most definitely DOES show for everyone who visits.

What I believe you can't do, but I'll have to test this out later for myself... (like you should have done before making this post) is for visitors to see you cycle through the different wallpapers while they are in your space.

Bottom line though is that yes, what ever wallpaper you have selected at the time someone joins you in your space, will be seen by that visitor.

I hate to add to this, but in my experience, it doesn't.

I was in Minus' apartment yesterday and I couldn't see the WP he had choosen (Retro or 60's, IIRC), and he went to mine and I could see the WP, but he couldn't.

It might just be problems with our internet connections or something else. My theory is this (As I think was reported some time ago, correct me if I was wrong), you can change the wallpaper to an image on your HDD, sony blocked outside visitors from seeing it incase someone would put inappropriate images on it. I may be wrong or Sony may just need to work out a few bugs.

All I know is that I have never seen a wallpaper other than the original one any time I was in somebody's apartment.

From,
Chris.

I hate to add to this, but in my experience, it doesn't.
Very odd indeed, as I have had no trouble seeing other people's wallpaper selections, and in fact before respoding to Giancarlo's post, I logged into Home to make sure I wasn't imagining things. I saw a few GTPers online, including Sprite. I asked if he wouldn't mind inviting me to his Harbor Studio to see his wallpaper... yeah I know... it sounds bad, so I made sure he knew I hadn't lost my testosterone levels and switched teams. ;)

Any way, not only did I see his wallpaper, but I asked him to change it, and invite me back in after I left. I did, and voila the wallpaper had changed.

If you don't believe me feel free to PM Sprite and ask him.

Last edited:
Very odd indeed, as I have had no trouble seeing other people's wallpaper selections, and in fact before respoding to Giancarlo's post, I logged into Home to make sure I wasn't imagining things. I saw a few GTPers online, including Sprite. I asked if he wouldn't mind inviting me to his Harbor Studio to see his wallpaper... yeah I know... it sounds bad, so I made sure he knew I hadn't lost my testosterone levels and switched teams. ;)

Any way, not only did I see his wallpaper, but I asked him to change it, and invite me back in after I left. I did, and voila the wallpaper had changed.

If you don't believe me feel free to PM Sprite and ask him.

I believe you, because like I said, it is probably something to do with our own internet connections, not home in itself, since other people can see wallpaper.

I know for a fact that my internet connection could be better, and I know how to fix it, but I do not have access to my router settings.
My ISP (Windstream:yuck:) ships 2Wire routers, which require you to call to receive a temporary password which you can then change. My dad hasn't called them yet, even after me reminding him about it :indiff:

From,
Chris.

I believe you, because like I said, it is probably something to do with our own internet connections, not home in itself, since other people can see wallpaper.

I have an idea, maybe if you are available later tonight (in about 5 hours or so?) we can meet in Home, and I'll invite you to my harbor space, and see if you can see the wallpaper, and then vice versa. It can't hurt at least.

Why do you keep making me out to be foolish? As you can see, Chris and i did have wallpaper issues. I did let the idea slip away from me that Home is still in beta, so i should have calmed down and expect the issue to be fixed soon. But i'd still appreciate it if you apologized for the snark comments about me not having a basis for my posts on Home.

I have an idea, maybe if you are available later tonight (in about 5 hours or so?) we can meet in Home, and I'll invite you to my harbor space, and see if you can see the wallpaper, and then vice versa. It can't hurt at least.

We'll see, my family usually has dinner late (9-11 EST) and I'm likely to be putting up Christmas decorations out all evening.

It should be around 11 EST then, which is when my dad insists I get to bed, so more likely than not I won't be able to.

From,
Chris.

Last edited:
Back