PlayStation Home Rewards

Is that what that is? I thought that was a Galaga weird 1970's sci-fi spacesuit thing.

The game calls it a chair too, but it is so short that it looks like a stool or footrest.

I have two, one on either side of the Namco table. Fits perfect as a chair or step stool.

The bloody flag on Xevious is soooooo retarded. I have been trying the last one hour to get the bloody thing. Not happy, it is the last achievement I need :(

The bloody flag on Xevious is soooooo retarded. I have been trying the last one hour to get the bloody thing. Not happy, it is the last achievement I need :(

Except for us veteran Xevious players, it's exactly as it was twenty five years ago... 25... time flies!

Lol, it is stupid too you know why, I actually happen to own 4 1980's arcade machines, 3 of which will be on ebay. Some of the 3 have been on ebay. You want proof I've got it. But the whole point of me saying this is that we have the ORIGINAL Xevious on a Low boy arcade machine (the tall ones) and yet I still suck at the bloody game.

Like I said you want proof I've got it.

It took me about 20 minutes to get both the tower and flag. After I knew where they were of course. :lol:

Now that I have all 4 arcade machines and the table, I'm thinking they'll start collecting virtual dust...

home_arcade.jpg

:)

Nice, didn't realise there was a link up the top of the page, hopefully the flag is there when I try later on.

I dunno if this has been answered before but does anyone know what kinds of rewards are given in the arcade machines located in Sully's Bar?

Not as of yet.

EDIT: Just competed Xevious, now 100% and maxed out all my levels. The flag is where the video and screenshots show it as.

Last edited:
I have a full collection now :)

Sorry the picture was brightened so it looks a bit strange now.

Last edited:
Last night I got the Sol Tower. It was actually pretty easy once I knew where to go. I kept dying trying to get the flag.

But I have learned that I play better when I stand closer to the TV so I have the same view as I would an arcade cabinet.

My biggest issue with Xevious is that it isn't like other old school games, where it is all about patterns. The number and type of enemies appears to be random. I can only predict ground-based structures.

Anyway, hopefully tonight.

Last edited:
It's not random, if you die and keep playing the enemies are actually harder. You must pause, quit and press start twice. That restarts and your back with 2 lives.

With Galaga, I think the rewards are in fact for the following:
Beat Level 1
Beat Level 2
Make the 'Dual Shooter' by letting a ship get captured, then shooting the enemy when it's near you with the ship.
Shoot your own ship (let the enemy capture a ship, then shoot the enemy and your ship)

I say this because I completed the game a few times without losing a ship, then thought maybe it's a kill your own ship reward. On that run through the game, I got my 4th reward, didn't do anything else special at all, so pretty sure it's that...

With Galaga, I think the rewards are in fact for the following:
Beat Level 1
Beat Level 2
Make the 'Dual Shooter' by letting a ship get captured, then shooting the enemy when it's near you with the ship.
Shoot your own ship (let the enemy capture a ship, then shoot the enemy and your ship)

I say this because I completed the game a few times without losing a ship, then thought maybe it's a kill your own ship reward. On that run through the game, I got my 4th reward, didn't do anything else special at all, so pretty sure it's that...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3243875&postcount=37

I lost all my bonus stuff. Ice Breaker, Namco, etc. Even the Echochrome clothing and ornament (trophy).

However, I got all my Namco rewards back by just playing a Namco game from my XMB. No such luck with Echochrome, when I played a game. I did get all my clothes back though, but that was mostly due to my high score. No trophy, though.

So, I'm not going to bother with Echochrome or any other bowling alley arcade game. I'm sick of losing all my rewards. I never liked playing those games, anyway. But, the Namco games are fun.

Yeah, if sony gives our echochrome and icebreaker back, so be it bu im never playing them again. As for the namco stuff, I did get it all back.

By the way, letdown is correct, you need to destroy the ship, I read that somewhere else and that worked. Once it is captured you need to do a sort of kamikaze and crash your ship into the captured one.

I'm sort of disappointed I lost my Namco rewards but the additional content is decent enough. At least I have a grille now to put out on my patio and the thin frame glass are getting closer to something I would actually wear.

I'm sort of disappointed I lost my Namco rewards but the additional content is decent enough. At least I have a grille now to put out on my patio and the thin frame glass are getting closer to something I would actually wear.

Go into namco games before going on home and the itme sshould re appear. Did for me, twice.

Anyone remember how to get a turnip in dig-dug? lol

Just found the flag yea!

TB
I made it to, I believe, 190 points in Saucer Pop and received nothing. I'm sure others have done better than that, though.
Update - I've now hit 310 and still nothing...

Back