POLL: How old are the GT sport players ?

How old are you?

• Total voters
Hang On (Sega Master System)
Road Rash (Sega Mega Drive (Genesis in US I think)
Gran Turismo 2 (PS1) (played so long, can't remember when I stopped playing, maybe I'm playing it still. Just saying Toyota GT One and Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Version)
Ridge Racer 5/ Rage Racer (PS1)
Gran Turismo 4 (PS2) (the best ever)
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Gran Turismo Sport (PS4) (First Impression: What?? No Campain? But after driving against real people in Sport Mode, no way I can motivate against KI again)

Definitely feel a bit older physically (mid 40s) but I'm fairly fit compared to most people my age and I don't think I'm that much slower in the virtual world. It's all about keeping your eye in, I reckon.

I've been playing with a wheel (can't remember the brand but it cost me a lot and obviously had no FF) since the days of Indycar on the PC (when you used to get a massive thick manual explaining massive amounts about driving and tuning in a MASSIVE box) and I remember spending literally hours at a time trying to get to grips to Grand Prix Legends. Happy days.

Now I'm very time poor, so I'm lucky if I can get an hour in and I'm a bit unfocused as you've got so many good driving games to dabble in like GTS, AC. Forza 7 (it's alright!) FH, Dirt Rally and I still go back to Live for Speed and vintage stuff like GT2 and TOCA.

Favourite driving game ever is probably GT3 as it kept me sane when I'd been banned from driving for a bit. Drive sensibly kids!

27 and a sim racing maniac or anything that involves driving really. Every gt game. Need for speed games up until it got a bit boring after most wanted. one of my all time favourites burnout,particularly paradise. I've been on lfs for years and pretty much any f1 game I could find and the toca touring car games. I remember the first game had the tank you could drive and the pink cadillac haha. Literally anything you can drive in, ill play it! Let's not forget the biggest time waster of all, truck simulator!!

So bigger bold typeface, so i can see it. Im a young 54yrs of age, came back on wednesday from a fantatic wknd at the Nordshleife. took my Dirty Derv 306HDi round for a few laps. Did a 10min 17sec BTG and put the best smile on my face. So I must be young lol. So no one is old at all.

53, I bought PS1 and GT1 for kids for Xmas and soon discovered what a great game it was and how fast the Chrysler Concept Car (Prowler) was. Been hooked ever since then, I even still have all the GT series and PS decks to play them on, maybe I should bring GT1 back out for those awful engine sounds.

alot of old farts that are fast lol Im 60 by the way:gtpflag:👍👍👍

user3392345
Lot of old farts here LOL :cheers:

@user3392345 Yep, lot more than ya think. I'm 66 going on 16, curently using a praiano tune and racin' softs on my walker.

@willbegone They hang out right here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt-sport-geezer-club.359207/
Shameless plug for the club.

@praiano63 Many, many thanks from myself and the club for your tunes over the years. They are a huge help to us.

Last edited:
user3392345
Lot of old farts here LOL :cheers:

@user3392345 Yep, lot more than ya think. I'm 66 going on 16, curently using a praiano tune and racin' softs on my walker.

@willbegone They hang out right here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt-sport-geezer-club.359207/
Shameless plug for the club.

@praiano63 Many, many thanks from myself and the club for your tunes over the years. They are a huge help to us.

So even though I physically feel 75 but mentally think I am about 17 and actually am 53 I can still race with you guys in the guests permitted races?

@fastone371
Ya sure can. You just need to friends request which ever geezer is hosting the guest permitted races.
We do however try to race clean. Understandably we all make mistakes but we try to prioritize having fun with good racecraft.
Scheduled races are on page one post one. Other impromptu races are usually posted within the geezer thread.

Back