[POLL] United States Presidential Elections 2016

The party nominees are named. Now who do you support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clinton offered chance by the AP back in 2015 to walk away from a negative story about her emails. The story went that Eric Tucker, which covered the Justice Department for the AP, sent an email to Clinton lawyer David Kendall, asking:

Eric Tucker
Hi David,

We have been told, and we are preparing to report, that the FBI has taken possession of the thumb drive that was once in your possession. This is what we have been informed, and we wanted to see whether there was any sort of comment that could be provided. If you wanted to steer us away and say that we are misinformed, then I would gladly accept that as well. But we have solid reason to believe this. We’d welcome any comment you can offer. Thanks very much.

Eric

Mr. Kendall then panicked, forwarding the email to Cheryl Mills, a top Clinton aide with a three-word note, "It's getting out". From there, it branched to Jennifer Palmieri, Nick Merrill and Brian Fallon before reaching John Podesta himself.

The thumbdrive, which contained classified information, was kept by Kendall in his office before the FBI seized it back in August 2015 during their investigation into the Hillary server, which has since reopened.

The AP itself came out with a statement in an email to The Blaze saying that "Eric sought to confirm information he had reported elsewhere to ensure it was correct and asked whether the lawyer wanted to dispute it. The lawyer confirmed the information, and AP published a story shortly afterward."

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/1...-chance-to-steer-us-away-from-negative-story/

Youtuber Phillip DeFranco, who has nearly five million subscribers and won a Streamy award this year for best show of the year, was NOT featured in YouTube's rewind at all.

Phillip theorized on his Weekly recap, where he answers questions from his comments section, that it was because he refused to make a video endorsing Hillary Clinton on behalf of Google, the parent company of YouTube. Google, which has come under fire for skewing search results in favor of Hillary Clinton, and DeFranco has butted heads in the past when DeFranco refused to defend a Social Justice Warrior for berating a Lyft driver and was slapped with a "Violation of Terms of Service" on his channel. DeFranco was on the platform for well over ten years.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/1...d-winning-youtuber-for-not-endorsing-clinton/ [note: Video is in the link, which I will not post due to language. Fast forward to 7:25 for the day's recap.]

A rash of Robocalls in Utah for calling Evan McMullin a homosexual has been traced to Los Angeles attorney William Johnson (No relation to Gary Johnson, the Presidential candidate). Johnson, who is the chairman of the White separatist American Freedom Party, was a delegate for Donald Trump who did not show up at the convention. In California, delegates have to be approved by the campaign that they wish to represent. The Trump campaign attempted to wash him off the list back in May, but while the candidate has the power to add someone on the list, it certainly doesn't have the power to remove them.

This certainly didn't stop Johnson from actively campaigning for Trump in Utah, where he spent $2,000 of his own money to reach 193,000 homes with the robocall.

McMullin is consistently within the margin of error in Utah, and the Real Clear Politics average has Trump leading in the state over Clinton by over 15 points, which is down from 2012 when Romney lead Obama in the state by 28 points.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/1...-gay-was-delegate-approved-by-trump-campaign/

Chelsea Clinton may have received classified material from her mother, Hillary. In a story reported by The Blaze, the email, which originally wasn't classified when it was sent by Michael Froman, was eventually upgraded to "Confidential" when it was received by Clinton aide Jake Sullivan and was sent to Hillary Clinton. That email was sent to Chelsea classification marks and all.

This email was part of the emails that were deleted by Clinton.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/1...t-chelsea-a-classified-email-then-deleted-it/

How can you seriously think that HRC private server usage is an intention to being hacked in order to secretly provide informations to wikileaks. Do you genuinely believe this?

Under our law, negligence may be sufficient to constitute a crime in this context, though this is disputed. But really it is the coverup - lying under oath - for which charges ultimately may be brought.

Last edited:
NY Times Op-ed in favor of recognizing pedophilia as a sexual orientation with civil rights
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/06/opinion/pedophilia-a-disorder-not-a-crime.html?_r=0
Besides @TenEightyOne answer:
1. Unless you're trying to reveal a widespread liberal conspiracy with decriminalization of pedophilia as agenda, i don't see what this opinion is related to the thread or Clinton.
2. NY Times "Op-ed" for nothing, they published this as an "Opinion" from a non-Journalist.
3. The column explains that Pedophilia is a mental disorder, not a sexual orientation.

Under our law, negligence may be sufficient to constitute a crime in this context, though this is disputed. But really it is the coverup - lying under oath - for which charges ultimately may be brought.
True, but this is off the point - contesting a comparison with Chelsea Manning case. Didn't i underline "intention"?

The column explains that Pedophilia is a mental disorder, not a sexual orientation.
This is not dircted at you Milouse. But that line gets me.
How the hell can Pedophilia be a mental disorder and not sexual orientation related but being Transgender isn't?
A person likes what they like. But it kills me how they classify it. Who actually picks and chooses this stuff?

Disclaimer: I do not condone either, but the irony kills me.

Besides @TenEightyOne answer:
1. Unless you're trying to reveal a widespread liberal conspiracy with decriminalization of pedophilia as agenda, i don't see what this opinion is related to the thread or Clinton.
2. NY Times "Op-ed" for nothing, they published this as an "Opinion" from a non-Journalist.
3. The column explains that Pedophilia is a mental disorder, not a sexual orientation.

I'm trying to improve the quality of my posting by including an MSM link demonstrating how liberal, balanced, sophisticated and tolerant my range of attention is toward the subject of pedophilia. In a similar vein, below we have an aberrant ejaculation of semen taking place in the context of a private party. No problems here, either. :rolleyes:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/f5a8901d-da71-3938-83c3-e4efad5eb6d3/wikileaks:-john-podesta.html
A newly released WikiLeaks email sheds disturbing light on the the spiritual proclivities of the Podesta brothers.

In the email, Tony Podesta forwards an invitation to attend a "spirit cooking dinner" from performance artist Marina Abramovic to his brother John Podesta, chairman of the Clinton campaign. Born in Belgrade, Serbia, Abramovic is considered "the grandmother of performance art."

A spirit cooking dinner is an occult ritual started by Abramovic that derives from the religion of "Thelema," founded by noted British occultist/Satanist Aleister Crowley.

Practitioners of the bizarre and gory ceremony mix blood, breast milk, urine, and sperm together and use the mixture to paint messages on the walls.

I'm trying to improve the quality of my posting by including an MSM link demonstrating how liberal, balanced, sophisticated and tolerant my range of attention is toward the subject of pedophilia. In a similar vein, below we have an aberrant ejaculation of semen taking place in the context of a private party. No problems here, either. :rolleyes:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/f5a8901d-da71-3938-83c3-e4efad5eb6d3/wikileaks:-john-podesta.html
A newly released WikiLeaks email sheds disturbing light on the the spiritual proclivities of the Podesta brothers.

In the email, Tony Podesta forwards an invitation to attend a "spirit cooking dinner" from performance artist Marina Abramovic to his brother John Podesta, chairman of the Clinton campaign. Born in Belgrade, Serbia, Abramovic is considered "the grandmother of performance art."

A spirit cooking dinner is an occult ritual started by Abramovic that derives from the religion of "Thelema," founded by noted British occultist/Satanist Aleister Crowley.

Practitioners of the bizarre and gory ceremony mix blood, breast milk, urine, and sperm together and use the mixture to paint messages on the walls.

Could you just finally say what the actual point is?

I note the following in your links;

Spirit Cooking Dinner
After Spirit Cooking received increased publicity, Abramovic said that the email was taken out of context. She states that it was a normal dinner for people who donated to her Kickstarter campaign. Abramovic denies that she is a satanist and that her work and practices are spiritual above all else

Could you just finally say what the actual point is?

My only point is that Hillary and her aides have things to hide and are covering it up with the help of the media and sophisticated, rich elites. I am against Hillary. Normally I vote 3rd party, but now I pinch my nose for Trump, who may, if extremely lucky, block her access to the throne room, the iron throne of corruption of my country.

What is your point, your horse in the race? You're a sophisticated man. You have no candidate in this race, but you are riding a horse that will surely win no matter what, I think. :cheers:

If only there was another choice.

Oh wait.

il_570xN.791795189_b9hr.jpg

This is not dircted at you Milouse. But that line gets me.
How the hell can Pedophilia be a mental disorder and not sexual orientation related but being Transgender isn't?
A person likes what they like. But it kills me how they classify it. Who actually picks and chooses this stuff?

Disclaimer: I do not condone either, but the irony kills me.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria

Given the prevalence to this with Pre Pubescent Children, to say it's purely a sexual orientation is false, but I don't think we are advanced enough on the mental science side of things to really work out what is going on yet.

Last edited:

Infowars as a source now, it gets better.

Once again totally out of context, keep swinging.

My only point is that Hillary and her aides have things to hide and are covering it up with the help of the media and sophisticated, rich elites. I am against Hillary. Normally I vote 3rd party, but now I pinch my nose for Trump, who may, if extremely lucky, block her access to the throne room, the iron throne of corruption of my country.

What is your point, your horse in the race? You're a sophisticated man. You have no candidate in this race, but you are riding a horse that will surely win no matter what, I think. :cheers:
The bias is shinning through, so don't worry you don't need to let us know who your horse is.

However if you don't think that Trump is also a rich elite who is attempting to cover up untold amounts of dirt as well (with the help of his half of the media) then the blinkers are truly on.

Last edited:
don't worry you don't need to let us know who your horse is.

By us, do you mean you and @TenEightyOne? Or was it you and some or all the staff? Would you prefer that I cease posting? Say the word, and I will gladly stand down from this thread until after the election. Clearly you are working up some angst over me, and I don't want that.

I don't think Trump has half the media. Maybe 5%. But he has more than half the FBI. Whatever Donald does in the popular vote, I think Hillary wins in the electoral college. But she will preside in an environment in which she is not trusted by the bulk of career law enforcement.

Last edited:
Clinton is above the law unlike the rest of us underlings that have to abide by them.

Odd that she had the FBI reopen the investigation into her emails. What do you suppose she was aiming for with that move?

--

But that still hasn't stopped you from posting it twice.

Both times I've posted it now has been strictly to show that it exists, and that Trump supporters are happy to just wave it off, while treating similarly shaky allegations against anyone with the name Clinton as true by default. Guilt by I-don't-like-them.

Personally, I haven't seen many convincing reasons to believe Epstein-related accusations against either Trump or Clinton at this point. But I'm approaching both with equal wait-and-see attitudes. I'll let the facts, not my biases, decide what's true.

--

You're trying to compare an apple and an orange here. Being transgender has nothing to do with a person's orientation or preference; it's a question of identity.

Last edited:
Back when i heard Trump would run i had the immediate reaction everyone has, thinking he would be an evil lunatic who would throw the world into conflict. Now; after having heard what his eventual policies would be vs the one Hillary is proposing, i would actually vote for him.

America does need someone who will throw the country around, try to reduce the massive deficit and be protectionist when it comes to both the economy and to not open the borders like we did in Europe these last years. The migrant crisis here has been an absolute disaster IMO. That and the globalist attitude of 'our leaders' who seem to want to get rid of our nation states makes me fearful for the future.

The difference between Trumps policies and Hillary's couldn't be bigger, and just to prevent her from entering the white house a Trump vote sounds very reasonable indeed.

That and the globalist attitude of 'our leaders' who seem to want to get rid of our nation states makes me fearful for the future.

"Nation states" have not had a particularly admirable history -it's a history that culminated in two World Wars that had cataclysmic results. That was the impetus for the move towards the United Nations & in Europe the EU. This may not have been an unqualified success, but it may have been far preferable to the alternative.

I think, in the end, "globalism" is the only hope for the world. The question is: who controls the global agenda - the "people" or a corporate/financial/militarist elite? Similarly, who controls "protectionism" - is it done to improve the lives of people, or boost profits of corporations?

Realistically, I don't believe it's possible to backtrack on a global economy. US protectionism would create serious problems in the world & unintended consequences in the US ... and it's not going to bring back high-paying manufacturing jobs to the US anyway - only education & innovation can do that.

[QUOTE="Dotini, post: 11599102, member: 100877"

Pay for play? Sec'y Clinton visits Brunei
2012_0907_brunei_english_language.jpg

Secretary Clinton at Launch of Brunei-U.S. English Language Enrichment Project for ASEAN[/QUOTE]

And pay for ... what? President George W. visits the Saudis.

Mainstream media castigates Clinton for conflicts of interest.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/quid-pro-clinton-1429831289
This is how the Clintons conduct their politics and family business, to the extent these are separate enterprises. The Clinton Foundation is a nominal philanthropy that was really created as a vast fund-raising operation to promote Bill’s post-Presidential career and Hillary’s pre-Presidential one….

All of this echoes of the 1990s, as does the Clinton method of defense, which is to deny, stonewall, assail and change the subject. Hillary has already tried to deflect the fund-raising fury by coming out in favor of rewriting the First Amendment to limit campaign contributions. So because the Clintons break the rules, she wants to impose new limits on political speech on the rest of America.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/opinion/candidate-clinton-and-the-foundation.html?ref=opinion&_r=1
The increasing scrutiny of the foundation has raised several points that need to be addressed by Mrs. Clinton and the former president. These relate most importantly to the flow of multimillions in donations from foreigners and others to the foundation, how Mrs. Clinton dealt with potential conflicts as secretary of state and how she intends to guard against such conflicts should she win the White House.

The only plausible answer is full and complete disclosure of all sources of money going to the foundation. And the foundation needs to reinstate the ban on donations from foreign governments for the rest of her campaign — the same prohibition that was in place when she was in the Obama administration.

The messiness of her connection with the foundation has been shown in a report by The Times on a complex business deal involving Canadian mining entrepreneurs who made donations to the foundation and were at the time selling their uranium company to the Russian state-owned nuclear energy company. That deal, which included uranium mining stakes in the United States, required approval by the federal government, including the State Department.

The donations, which included $2.35 million from a principal in the deal, were not publicly disclosed by the foundation, even though Mrs. Clinton had signed an agreement with the Obama administration requiring the foundation to disclose all donors as a condition of her becoming secretary of state. This failure is an inexcusable violation of her pledge. The donations were discovered through Canadian tax records by Times reporters. Media scrutiny is continuing, with Reuters reporting that the foundation is refiling some returns found to be erroneous.

------------------------------------

Elsewhere, state police try to ferret out voter fraud.
http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/...-raid-registration-offices-voter-fraud-sting/

Just for @Biggles , "It's time for the elites to rise up against the ignorant masses."

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/06/28...up-against-ignorant-masses-trump-2016-brexit/

Interesting commentary. However, what the author doesn't bring up is the age divide, which is another significant factor. Young people in the UK voted heavily "remain". In addition, in the UK, as in the US, the split is heavily geographic.

The bottom line is that the working class in the US is unlikely to get any real relief under either Trump or Clinton.

The bottom line is that the working class in the US is unlikely to get any real relief under either Trump or Clinton.

"Nation states" have not had a particularly admirable history

I think, in the end, "globalism" is the only hope for the world. The question is: who controls the global agenda - the "people" or a corporate/financial/militarist elite? Similarly, who controls "protectionism" - is it done to improve the lives of people, or boost profits of corporations?

Realistically, I don't believe it's possible to backtrack on a global economy.
In my community, the young, upwardly mobile elite youth are often employed by the likes of Paul Allen, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos and various med-tech industries. Perhaps this is the reemergence of a new feudalism in which rich, land-owning elites provide lifetime employment to loyal servants? Sounds pretty good, eh? You know, the feudal period lasted about 500 years and immediately preceded that nation state period which is, as you correctly say, under stress. I am firmly of the belief that it's corporate/financial/militarist elites who will set the global agenda. And quite probably properly so, as the people are of course ignorant and enslaved to their addictions, and getting more so. Sounds realistic, so I guess I can accept all that.

The difference between Trumps policies and Hillary's couldn't be bigger

True. Hillary's policies actually have details, and give the sense she knows something about governing.

Trump's "policies," on the other hand, don't get any deeper than "We are going to have so much _____, tremendous _____, believe me."

True. Hillary's policies actually have details, and give the sense she knows something about governing.
You mean her detailed open door policy Angela Merkel style or her detailed threats towards Russia and Putin? That combined with her long history of dubious decisions, lying and being on the payroll of major corporations and in some cases foreign governments tells me enough.

Oh and let's not forget that there are reasonable doubts that she is even physically fit enough to be able to do the job.

You mean her detailed open door policy Angela Merkel style or her detailed threats towards Russia and Putin? That combined with her long history of dubious decisions, lying and being on the payroll of major corporations and in some cases foreign governments tells me enough.

You utterly missed the point.

You claimed that Trump has better policies, but he hasn't provided enough in the way of policy to evaluate at all.

Odd that she had the FBI reopen the investigation into her emails. What do you suppose she was aiming for with that move?
I hadn't heard this. Could you provide a source?

By us, do you mean you and @TenEightyOne? Or was it you and some or all the staff? Would you prefer that I cease posting? Say the word, and I will gladly stand down from this thread until after the election. Clearly you are working up some angst over me, and I don't want that.

I don't think Trump has half the media. Maybe 5%. But he has more than half the FBI. Whatever Donald does in the popular vote, I think Hillary wins in the electoral college. But she will preside in an environment in which she is not trusted by the bulk of career law enforcement.
Sorry I was out with family for 'celebrate the execution of a catholic terrorist' night.

So Fox news alone is just 5% of the media now?

Oh and let's not forget that there are reasonable doubts that she is even physically fit enough to be able to do the job.

Does suffering from concussion/blood clots 4 years ago, and suffering from mild pneumonia a few weeks ago, really constitute as reasonable doubt?

If anything I'd say the reasonable doubt you could make about her fitness is simply her age - which ironically I guess you wouldn't agree with, considering Trump is older.........

Last edited:
I hadn't heard this. Could you provide a source?

For which part exactly? That the FBI has reopened their investigation? That's here.

The part about Hillary personally reopening it was a bit of sarcasm in response to this:

Clinton is above the law unlike the rest of us underlings that have to abide by them.

Comey's letter is extremely misleading (these new emails were neither sent by nor to Hillary), not to mention unethical (it violates long-standing DOJ policies against taking actions that might influence an election). If Hillary were truly some puppetmaster, orchestrating cover-ups of the myriad conspiracies that have been pinned on her, one has to wonder why she allowed this particular situation to happen.

You utterly missed the point.

You claimed that Trump has better policies, but he hasn't provided enough in the way of policy to evaluate at all.
No i got it. I was pointing out that those two policies of hers are enough already to raise alarm bells with me. You can indeed say that Trump plays the populist card and says he'll take care of things a lot but doesn't really detail his plans, but i'd rather take a chance with that seeing he's been a successful businessman, hence also a negotiator of deals in a dog eat dog world for the last 30 years or so, instead of taking a chance with Hillary just for the two points i mentioned above.

Does suffering from concussion/blood clots 4 years ago, and suffering from mild pneumonia a few weeks ago, really constitute as reasonable doubt?

If anything I'd say the reasonable doubt you could make about her fitness is simply her age - which ironically I guess you wouldn't agree with, considering Trump is older.........
She supposedly has a dude walking around by her side with a needle in case he has another fit, and recently collapsed during the 9/11 memorial. Someone that had a serious neurological issue like that should start by questioning herself if she would be able to handle the stress of a job like that in the first place...

Imagine if she has fits or has to lay down during important summits. It will be taken as a sign of weakness by any of her political opponents and that can't be good.

For which part exactly? That the FBI has reopened their investigation? That's here.

The part about Hillary personally reopening it was a bit of sarcasm in response to this:

Comey's letter is extremely misleading (these new emails were neither sent by nor to Hillary), not to mention unethical (it violates long-standing DOJ policies against taking actions that might influence an election). If Hillary were truly some puppetmaster, orchestrating cover-ups of the myriad conspiracies that have been pinned on her, one has to wonder why she allowed this particular situation to happen.
Ok, yes, I misunderstood.

Some believe Hillary did pressure Comey into his first decision, but he's reopening it as a way to get back/make it right. However, the same people said Comey was going after her in the first place to make up for the investigations that were ruined by Bill Clinton's pardons during his tenure. Personally, I think it's clear Hillary and her campaign has a lot of influence and can pull strings, but I don't think she has that much control over individuals.

Filing for bankruptcy six times, and losing a billion dollars in one year, is "successful?"
Well his net worth is still 3.7 billion dollars in the end? And he's practically financing his own campaign for the major part, which makes him less tainted from the influences of outside 'sponsors' unlike Hillary who has been bought by everyone in the book so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back