[POLL] United States Presidential Elections 2016

The party nominees are named. Now who do you support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep laughing. I'm sure that it will be hilarious when the global economy goes into recession and his aggressive "foreign policy" makes the world a less safe place.
Considering his generalizations and emotions I'm sure he'll take the world police and nuclear launch task just fine. /s

The whole world's down the toilet, ladies and gentlemen, May God bless us all...

And speaking of this, this song describes everything that's happening right now.

("No W" by Ministry) (Music video, uncensored, so it's NSFW). If you could understand the lyrics, you'll notice that it's already happening to us in this generation and because that Trump is now the president-elect.

Instead of George Bush, apply this song to Trump.

Last edited:
Alright! First on the agenda: That special prosecutor he was talking about...

From an European POV and considering what Mr. President -elect spoke about NATO, I guess continental Europe will now need to rely on ... Germany (and a post-Brexit UK that we can't be sure what place will occupy in geopolitics).

ABC finally called it:
IMG_6323.JPG

And speaking of this, this song describes everything that's happening right now.

No W describes everything that's happened during the first term of George W Bush as President... It's right there in the title!

From an European POV and considering what Mr. President -elect spoke about NATO, I guess continental Europe will now need to rely on ... Germany (and a post-Brexit UK that we can't be sure what place will occupy in geopolitics).

Now it'd be the time to start talking about becoming a federation again. United we'd make short work of Trump's US on our way to become the world leading superpower. Unluckily, as I've said already, our political leadership's far more interested in kow-towing to ethnoregionalist groups and global financial interests (which would arguably be insignificant to a true European Union).

Hopefully Brexit and this possible new season of American isolationism will motivate us Europeans to take our responsibilities towards our future generations and the world, and move forward with a long-overdue process.

P.S: Germany isn't really much of a military power... I guess that it will be up to us Italians and, of course, the French (which are the third country in the world per number of nuclear warheads, after all).

It usually played before he stepped off the plane before his rallies. Cheesy as hell, but wouldn't be Trump without some cheese. Gotta ramp up that 'Murica.

Some cheese, huh? The last time there was that much cheese heading in the direction of the White House it was 1837...

I generally agree with your sentiment, but that's a quite simplicistic view.
Perhaps. But one of the key problems was the lack of a cohesive exit strategy from the Bush Administration. It was kind of assumed that the Americans would withdraw, democracy would suddenly fill the void, there would be no maintenance required and it would be rainbows and puppies and justice and Christmas every day. The whole point of working with the Iraqis and the Kurds is to show the work that mainstream Islam rejects the radical ideology and are reclaiming their lands from ISIS. But Trump has no appreciation of that; he just wants to storm in and restore American pride and return the world to a state where America is on the top step of the podium, kicking off anyone who dares to rise up on their own terms.

Can someone note if he thanks Pence at some stage .... need to jump on a call.

Disaster. Worst part is going to be the cadre of ghouls he appoints in his cabinet. Giuliani, Gingrich, Carson, Christie, etc.

Disaster. Worst part is going to be the cadre of ghouls he appoints in his cabinet. Giuliani, Gingrich, Carson, Christie, etc.
I wonder what position Sean Hannity or Michael Savage will be...

Perhaps. But one of the key problems was the lack of a cohesive exit strategy from the Bush Administration. It was kind of assumed that the Americans would withdraw, democracy would suddenly fill the void, there would be no maintenance required and it would be rainbows and puppies and justice and Christmas every day. The whole point of working with the Iraqis and the Kurds is to show the work that mainstream Islam rejects the radical ideology and are reclaiming their lands from ISIS. But Trump has no appreciation of that; he just wants to storm in and restore American pride and return the world to a state where America is on the top step of the podium, kicking off anyone who dares to rise up on their own terms.

Ah. That's much better.

I'd add that the US committed a grave mistake by essentially entrusting political power exclusively to Shi'a Islamist parties (especially the Islamic Dawa Party), exacerbating tensions between Shi'a and Sunni Muslims - tensions which eventually helped the Daesh achieve much of its original success. That is not too dissimilar to what Belgium did in the Congo Basin during the Colonial age - perhaps not in form, but surely in purpose, and possibly in effects.

And I share with you the impression that Trump would be much more inclined than its predecessors to seek unilateral, "cost-effective" solutions which in the end only stir up more trouble (and are more costly in civilian and combatant lives). I'd expect Clinton-like bombings of underdeveloped and internationally isolated countries; although Trump may be perhaps less inclined to wait (or to look for) the approval of the UN.

P.S: I wonder how will this upset result affect the UK Parliament vote on Brexit? Could this possibly mean that we have to keep the Brits in the Union? Ah, I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too!

I doubt "get in the plane and go home" Christie will have a place in Trump's cabinet. Which will likely be composed of the finest reactionary right intelligentsia and call the shots for the Donald.
To be honest the idea of a blithering idiot playing as a puppet president to a cabinet of shadowy figures doesn't bring to mind only Bush43 and its fun Iraqi romp (which I'm sure wasn't Rumsfield's and Cheney's idea, nooo)... But sadly, also an interesting piece of alternate history which saw Spiro Agnew become president in 1972...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back