[POLL] United States Presidential Elections 2016

The party nominees are named. Now who do you support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched The Project on the whole election, so cringeworthy. Non-stop talking about gender and race like Clinton was the hero who represented equality that her defeat was unfortunate (which doesn't even matter for Australia in the first place since we already had a female prime minister)

People have said this before but making this whole election about race and putting every group of people in one roof and gender doesn't stop racism and sexism.

Ah. That's much better
Trump's vision of America is pretty much the Marshall Plan all over again - where America has no qualms with influencing and interfering with other countries' abilities to set their own destiny because it's convenient for America.

I wonder what position Sean Hannity or Michael Savage will be...
Savage has a Masters in medical botany and a second in medical anthropology along with a PhD in epidemiology and nutrition science. He might sound like a crazy person but he's no dummy. Head of the FDA maybe?
:lol: Hannity could be spokesperson or communications director:sly::sly:

Just watched The Project on the whole election, so cringeworthy. Non-stop talking about gender and race like Clinton was the hero who represented equality that her defeat was unfortunate (which doesn't even matter for Australia in the first place since we already had a female prime minister)

People have said this before but making this whole election about race and putting every group of people in one roof and gender doesn't stop racism and sexism.
The Project should be renamed 'The Far Left Agenda'. It's a more accurate title.

Trump's vision of America is pretty much the Marshall Plan all over again - where America has no qualms with influencing and interfering with other countries' abilities to set their own destiny because it's convenient for America.

Mh, I must say I don't see the resemblance. The Marshall Plan was the product of a grand vision of America as an hegemonic power. It was what essentially made America the World's Chief Wiggum to start with - and it required a) significant capital investments outside of the US, b) outsorcing jobs.

Trump is convinced that he can get what he wants for America through trade and mediation... Or at least, so he says. And regardless, his stated foreign policy seems to be antithetical to such an expansionist policy. Although I have no doubt that he'll use shotgun diplomacy and unilateral military interventions to his advantage as much as possible.

God, I hope I'm right. The alternative is that he's somehow convinced to pursue an expansionist/interventionist policy... With a cabinet which will likely see Gingrich as the Secretary of State.

The Project should be renamed 'The Far Left Agenda'. It's a more accurate title.

Hey there! Don't mix us up with those radical chics and internet weeaboos asking to be acknowledged by society rather than seeking to reshape it with the hammer and the sickle. We don't argue about gender-neutral pronoun... "Comrade" is gender-neutral enough. And we don't ask for acceptance, we build gulags. :lol:

That's a joke... Well, sort of.

I must say I don't see the resemblance.
I'm thinking in spirit rather than the letter of the Marshall Plan. Trump is evidently pining for an America that is the top of the pile, even if that means other countries suffer as a result (and in some cases, this is preferable). It's an America where other countries can only evolve on America's terms.

Well done to Trump and his supporters, you got what you wanted and I really do hope the end result is good for you and the world as a whole.

I however remain far from convinced, as the markets appear to be treating this as Brexit part 2.

US politics has no idea what left wing looks like, let alone far left.

The OP has been updated to reflect the new Balance of Power in the House, the Senate and the Governorships.

@Scaff Dow Futures is down 289 points, the S&P futures are down 41.25 points, and the Nasdaq futures are down 115.75 points

By bye...don't let the door hit you on the way out. I hear Mexico is hot most of the year:lol::

• Amy Schumer
  • Lena Dunham
  • Barbra Streisand
  • Bryan Cranston
  • Miley Cyrus
  • Amy Schumer
  • Jon Stewart
  • Cher
  • Chelsea Handler
  • Samuel L. Jackson
  • Whoopi Goldberg
  • Neve Campbell
  • Keegan-Michael Key
  • George Lopez
  • Ne-Yo
  • Rev. Al Sharpton
  • Raven-Symoné

Tump did it baby. SJW and this feminist agenda hopefully can be done for good. Liberals hold this "L" but on a serious note I really don't know what's in store. Stocks are looking grim, good time to invest in coal and geo-thermal technology. Chris Christie will be the new Michelin Man.

When the stock market opens in New York in a couple of hours things are going to get interesting!

Their coverage of the election made the result out to be an absolute disaster for the world.

I do not watch it but they're right.

You think it is not the worst thing america has done

Iraq War
Vietnam War
Bush sr
Bush jr
Justin Bieber

Wait, So many bad things to choose from.

SJW and this feminist agenda hopefully can be done for good.
Yeah, you're right. I'm packing up my things and heading back to the tenth circle of hell - the one they built especially for us - for that most heinous crime against nature: believing that the prosperity of one person should not be built on the pain and suffering of another. If your vision of America is one that only favours the rich, white, Christian Republicans, then you're beyond salvation.

So I went shortly on FaceBook and the majority seems to be really disappointed and dooming the world now. Which I honestly can't understand at all. I'm not a fan of Trump either, BUT out of those two jokes I think he's the one less harmful, at least for Europe. The whole time media were ripping Trump for things he said, making him look to the public like the bad guy, but at the same time Clinton was pretty much "we increase war here, we start a new one there, oh and f Russia" - how can anyone seriously think that's better than the 🤬 Trump said? Our world is already violent enough. Why would you want to vote for an candidate that wants to add more wars? Specially trying to start 🤬 with Russia would be catastrophically for the whole world. Like I said, I'm not a fan of Trump either. I listen to his words and think "What an idiot", but than I see the businessman Trump and think "he went bancrupt multiple times and always came back stronger. Maybe he isn't the idiot people think he is?". I don't quite know what to think about Trump. I guess we just have to wait and see. I kinda doubt that anything will really change, honestly. I guess everything will go on like it is now and in 4 years people will vote for someone new *shrugs*

Yeah, you're right. I'm packing up my things and heading back to the tenth circle of hell - the one they built especially for us - for that most heinous crime against nature: believing that the prosperity of one person should not be built on the pain and suffering of another. If your vision of America is one that only favours the rich, white, Christian Republicans, then you're beyond salvation.
You should really read beyond the first few words of a post before making a knee jerk reaction.
but on a serious note I really don't know what's in store.

Regardless of who won, the outcome would've been bad. It's a beautiful testament to how utterly idiotic and pathetic the US political system is. I like the US, but your entire way of holding an election and the candidates you put fourth is a joke.

How can someone who acts like a reality TV star become president? Then again, how can someone inherit the position, which is essentially what Hillary would've? Perhaps the best question is why your top political position are determined by money and what family you come from, rather than competence and personal character.

Last edited:
Probably, but let's get back to mass hysteria please. :lol:
If he can, somehow, manage to turn down his idiotic and provocing comments I'll say that by January '17 no ones really gonna talk about it anymore at all. As quickly as those mass hysterias rise, as quickly they fall again.

identity politics, then again most people in australia have zero knowledge of what they are talking about when it comes to American Politics, and just take the spoon fed Media's side to things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back