[POLL] United States Presidential Elections 2016

The party nominees are named. Now who do you support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may want to take a look at what happened the last two times the US went into isolationist mode, didn't work out well for Europe at all.

Also if you think Russia and its expansionist plans don't need keeping in check then you have no idea at all what it could mean for Europe.

Take a look at the rhetoric being used by Russian against its neighbours (all sovereign states), I can assure you that such a view will earn you no friends in Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Poland and quite a few others. However you might be right, it's not as if anything happened in Georgia, Chechnya or Crimea is it. .........oh wait.

Almost forgot,to claim that Trump is in some way anti war is absurd. Read this piece in which he refused to say he wouldn't threaten or use nukes against Europe, while telling fibs about being against the war in Iraq.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ear-weapons-in-attack-on-europe-a6961101.html
Good point. However, I'm not 100% sure Trump has the power of completely reversing all of the previous NATO involvement in the Baltic countries and rest of the Eastern Europe in less than 4 years he has for doing it. Yes, NATO is going to get weaker during those years, but I can't really see US' political system being quick and simple enough for it to take a completely different direction than before after over 30 years of Cold War and over 20 years of post-Cold War military involvement in Europe unless Trump's successor shares his views about isolationist approach at world politics.

Of course this could just be me trying to look at this as positively as possible knowing that if a war breaks between Russia and Europe I would basically live on the front line, and the only defence those countries have by 2020 is what Finland technically already has now, hope that other European countries wouldn't leave it as soon as some powerful country outside of EU decides to invade it. Thinking about the worst case scenario though, weaker NATO could put us in a slightly more favourable position than some of the other Eastern countries considering that we never went far enough at pissing off Russia as joining NATO. Well, if you can call being invaded or nearly being invaded by Putin's Russia in any way 'favourable'.

Since simpsons seems to have predicted president trump

It's scary how the Simpsons predicted it all... even the campaign posters are the same (I am really starting to think they actually copied them from this episode!).

CwzDiLtXcAAANO9.jpg

Dennisch
Hillary is still missing. Gone into hideout already?

She's currently on a boat to Panama so Trump can't send her to Guantanamo Bay!

It's scary how the Simpsons predicted it all... even the campaign posters are the same (I am really starting to think they actually copied them from this episode!).

CwzDiLtXcAAANO9.jpg

She's currently on a boat to Panama so Trump can't send her to Guantanamo Bay!
They didn't predict it. They used what they had at the time to create a worst possible scenario and that was what happened in the episode. Anyone can predict that he would go down an elevator with people around and he was already running.

Just noticed that D.C. voted 93% in favour of Clinton.

I noticed the same thing last night.

Either they know something we don't, and/or they simply fear for their job.

I am also starting to think they wanted to keep "an outsider" out of the "kitchen"...

Someone who is not "institutionalized" might come in to mess up "the recipe" for everyone...

The fear in DC that Trump might serves himself and at the same time changes all the rules for everyone, AND make new rules to help himself...

This might definitely set a precedence for upcoming elections around the world...

Are all the countries now gonna start turning their back against each other...

Or maybe nothing is gonna change... Let wait and see... We have no other choice anyway

Actually, the Simpsons video came after the original Trump footage.

Haha notice the monolith and all the trumps raging about it standing there, I take it as it is a predicion about him wanting to build a wall? hehe

and I noticed that Clinton did get more voters then Trump, So she was the peoples choice. Strange that USA have this kind of system. Like many said before, its system and laws are very undemocratic. But hey lets enjoy the Trump train hope it does not get downhill :P

Last edited:
Good point. However, I'm not 100% sure Trump has the power of completely reversing all of the previous NATO involvement in the Baltic countries and rest of the Eastern Europe in less than 4 years he has for doing it. Yes, NATO is going to get weaker during those years, but I can't really see US' political system being quick and simple enough for it to take a completely different direction than before after over 30 years of Cold War and over 20 years of post-Cold War military involvement in Europe unless Trump's successor shares his views about isolationist approach at world politics.

Of course this could just be me trying to look at this as positively as possible knowing that if a war breaks between Russia and Europe I would basically live on the front line, and the only defence those countries have by 2020 is what Finland technically already has now, hope that other European countries wouldn't leave it as soon as some powerful country outside of EU decides to invade it. Thinking about the worst case scenario though, weaker NATO could put us in a slightly more favourable position than some of the other Eastern countries considering that we never went far enough at pissing off Russia as joining NATO. Well, if you can call being invaded or nearly being invaded by Putin's Russia in any way 'favourable'.
All he has to do is pull the US out of NATO.

and I noticed that Clinton did get more voters then Trump, So she was the peoples choice. Strange that USA have this kind of system. Like many said before, its system and laws are very undemocratic. But hey lets enjoy the Trump train hope it does not get downhill :P

Yeah, I was banging my head against the wall trying to understand how the process worked.

Thing is, it's hard to understand something when it makes little sense to begin with.

I'm amused at the concept of a privileged white bogeyman still going strong, but also glad because there's no better entertainment for me than the regressive left's attempts at being funny at the expense of any "privileged" class they can think of.

EDIT: Blah.

Last edited:
It shows that if you mainly focus on talking **** about your opponent you won't win. n

How did 3rd party do in the end btw?
As expected, their presence in the election was non-existent. Since this was the most polarized election in a while, third-party afilliates are blamed for voting "for" Trump. It was a poor choice in candidates this run. If only there was a system where one had more than 2 choices to decide from...

CwzDiLtXcAAANO9.jpg

That is so F@ntastically eery... Same angle and all... This is as ming boggling as his winning.

For the first time in a while, America chose the mystery box.

Here I fixed it for you: Half of the country tried to vote against the mystery box, and the other half casted their vote for the mystery box in hope that the mystery box will get rid of the other half...
The electoral college simply voted for the change in party majority, which happens to benefit him.

It shows that if you mainly focus on talking **** about your opponent you won't win.

How did 3rd party do in the end btw?

They both did... And as for popular vote, Trump did lose, but was saved based on EC vote...

3rd party finished third as Usual, what did you expect?

3rd party finished third as Usual, what did you expect

Well, seeing how the majority of the US seemed to have a strong dislike against both major candidates, I expected that there would be more votes for them. But it seems that only Utah actually wanted change from the current system of Demopublicans.

Regardless of who won, the outcome would've been bad. It's a beautiful testament to how utterly idiotic and pathetic the US political system is. I like the US, but your entire way of holding an election and the candidates you put fourth is a joke.

How can someone who acts like a reality TV star become president? Then again, how can someone inherit the position, which is essentially what Hillary would've? Perhaps the best question is why your top political position are determined by money and what family you come from, rather than competence and personal character.
That udderly idiotic system produced the greatest country on the face of the planet. If the top political position is determined by money and family, then the wrong person won didn't they?
I'm amused at the concept of a privileged white bogeyman still going strong, but also glad because there's no better entertainment for me than the regressive left's attempts at being funny at the expense of any "privileged" class they can think of.

EDIT: Blah.
It is quite funny, and, quite literally, probably a huge part of the reason the deplorables showed up in force and carried their guy to the White House. Can't wait to see all the crying and whining today:lol:

It is quite funny, and, quite literally, probably a huge part of the reason the deplorables showed up in force and carried their guy to the White House. Can't wait to see all the crying and whining today:lol:
You know how it goes... all the white bashers and male bashers who thought they were justified to do so, to compensate for "centuries of oppression" or whatever other buzzwords they've come up with, are now reaping what they've sowed. They brought Trump's presidency entirely on themselves, and are now throwing temper tantrums across the country like the children they are. :sly:

The funniest arguments I've seen have been against the "Bernie Bros" who are being berated for voting third party, which apparently is selfish and ignores the plight of Latinos and LGBT folks. No, don't ask me how. :D

That's all well and good, but which side of my clothing am I supposed to wear my yellow star?

In any case, it seems you're also looking for the social justice boogeyman in the internet, and you haven't stopped railing about it for at least five years now.

Well, seeing how the majority of the US seemed to have a strong dislike against both major candidates, I expected that there would be more votes for them.
I've been thinking about that. I'm not sure if that strong dislike of Trump purported by all of these polls actually existed. The sentiment might have been expressed, but was it just to get people to get the heat off of them?

She's too busy wondering if a suicide with two bullets in the back of the head is actually possible.
She's busy negotiating for a pardon with Obama..domestic violence:lol:. Bill has probably taken a beating these last few hours:crazy:

American Beer is coloured Water.
You should drink some Schlitz Malt Liqour!:D That Bull will put you on your:censored:!!

Well, I humbly have awoken from my drunken celebration(need to go make sure my cars are ok), and want to say congratulations to Trump and his supporters, we suffered through a lot of mud slinging and plenty of denial this last year and a half but we showed them!
Now let's make America Great again!!

Time for a wake and bake and a breakfast of champions! I need it!

You should drink some Schlitz Malt Liqour!:D That Bull will put you on your:censored:!!

Well, I humbly have awoken from my drunken celebration(need to go make sure my cars are ok), and want to say congratulations to Trump and his supporters, we suffered through a lot of mud slinging and plenty of denial this last year and a half but we showed them!
Now let's make America Great again!!

Time for a wake and bake and a breakfast of champions! I need it!
Schlitz? Make American Sick Again?:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back