Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,496 comments
My Jeep parked next to a Mercedes Sprinter, just goes to show how big those things are!
Image0048.jpg

Got my Sera back from the paint shop today. I'm very happy with the new colour (Squeeze Metallic from the Ford Fiesta). They also re-worked the front and rear bumpers, as the originals were designed to hold narrow Japanese plates.

On the to do list:
Replace fading old tail lights, fix the interior, and fix (or possibly replace) the rims. 👍

P1050877-.jpg

P1050866-.jpg

P1050856-.jpg

Last edited:
lol, Cheers. Yeah, the paint feels very very nice. Smoother than brand new cars I've touched in showrooms... so I'm a bit nervous to take it out for a drive. My Celica got many stone chips from the amount of trucks I had to drive behind.

My two....the senta's bra is now gone..mostly due to its ugliness!

Attachments

• pilot front.zip
    52.7 KB · Views: 20
  • pilot rear.zip
    56.5 KB · Views: 14
  • sentra - no has no bra.zip
    71.8 KB · Views: 21
Got my Sera back from the paint shop today. I'm very happy with the new colour (Squeeze Metallic from the Ford Fiesta). They also re-worked the front and rear bumpers, as the originals were designed to hold narrow Japanese plates.

That colour looks fantastic on the car! Great choice!

That sera looks great, though if going with green I would have prefered something more like desert sage, which i sure love, but still it looks great 👍

Thanks for all of the comments... I really appreciate it! I was afraid that everyone except me would hate the colour selection, so I’m really glad to read your positive comments. Green can be a real tricky colour... it can look good, just depending on what type of car you are painting. It can be a bit of a ‘Vegemite’ colour (Love it or hate it). :)

Could you get protective film applied to the front of it?
Sound interesting. It might be worth looking into. I guess as long as it isn’t really noticeable on the front of the car.
That sera looks great, though if going with green I would have prefered something more like desert sage, which i sure love, but still it looks great 👍
I remember seeing a Colour like this while strolling through the Lexus dealership. It looked real nice... I considered it!
Is your plate your username? Also very awesome :lol:.
Lol, yeah. One thing good about this state is that you can choose any style of number plates for your car. You can write anything up to 9 characters , and choose between 10 different background colours, including hot pink, purple, light blue and bright orange. You can also choose between Aluminium or Acrylic fiber. Pretty cool. :)

Is that Talon street legal?

Yes,I did'nt want a gutted out car. The interior does'nt weigh anything significant. There is only a dash,but there is no HVAC in the car. Basicaly everything was gutted than just the shell of the dash was re-installed. I like having a car that can dip into the 8's and still be driven comfortably on the street. Besides,I race in the NHRA Sport RWD class. This is a class full of 8 and 9 sec cars that actually look like street cars. The class does'nt allow certain mods. Has to have a full exhaust that exits out the rear,2 power adders max w/weight penalty, and it must retain the factory fuel tank. The car must weight 3,000lbs with the way I have it setup in order to meet compliance with the class. So sorry to say that 2F2F **** does'nt don't fly with me. I'm not going to gut a car with perfect interior just to say "I took the interior out to save 25lbs. Actually,the car was lightened quite a bit. I actually had to add weight back to meet class regulations. So theres your answer.

Had some guy back into it the other day, let him leave cause I didn't know see any damage but after he left I found it. Next to the tail light. Oh well.

DSC_0675.jpg

Yes,I did'nt want a gutted out car. The interior does'nt weigh anything significant. There is only a dash,but there is no HVAC in the car. Basicaly everything was gutted than just the shell of the dash was re-installed. I like having a car that can dip into the 8's and still be driven comfortably on the street. Besides,I race in the NHRA Sport RWD class. This is a class full of 8 and 9 sec cars that actually look like street cars. The class does'nt allow certain mods. Has to have a full exhaust that exits out the rear,2 power adders max w/weight penalty, and it must retain the factory fuel tank. The car must weight 3,000lbs with the way I have it setup in order to meet compliance with the class. So sorry to say that 2F2F **** does'nt don't fly with me. I'm not going to gut a car with perfect interior just to say "I took the interior out to save 25lbs. Actually,the car was lightened quite a bit. I actually had to add weight back to meet class regulations. So theres your answer.

Awesome 👍 How much power is it making?
Also, why do you say RWD class when your car is FWD? I'm a little clueless on drag racing so please enlighten me.

Awesome 👍 How much power is it making?
Also, why do you say RWD class when your car is FWD? I'm a little clueless on drag racing so please enlighten me.

It has to be re-dynoed. But I'll estimate atleast 950. I don't care how much it makes as long as it's enough to run sub-9 sec passes.

EDIT:

Lol, yeah. One thing good about this state is that you can choose any style of number plates for your car. You can write anything up to 9 characters , and choose between 10 different background colours, including hot pink, purple, light blue and bright orange. You can also choose between Aluminium or Acrylic fiber. Pretty cool.

Righto, is that a once off payment? Here is SA you can get anything up to 6 characters for a yearly payment of $200 something, and 7 characters for $255 I think. I wouldn't mind making a larger once off payment but on top of rego a yearly payment is hard to afford. We can get "personalised" plates but I don't like the look of them, at $180 per year though I might go with that or even premium.

www.ezyplates.sa.gov.au has all the information about custom plates here.

Anyway here's my (first) ride, a 1991 Accord. Picked her up cheap and done some work and quite a nice car, 5 speed manual etc.

Last edited:
Cool picture none the less. Though you need to photoshop delete that sign right behind your car.

Looks great with more low btw.

Ah yes, didn't notice that. It was stupid o'clock in the morning when I did it though so i'm not too fussed. And thanks. :D

Back