Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,496 comments
It's actually quite fun to drive, especially everyone thinks its really slow and then they lose against you, they get really mad

Ph1lmar
It's actually quite fun to drive, especially everyone thinks its really slow and then they lose against you, they get really mad

Curious what kind of numbers this model with extras supposed to run. 0-60mph or similar. Just looking for a perspective of speed this would have.

Audi S5 is my favorite non exotic audi! I just LOVE the slick back. Don't know why its not as much of a popular audi...?

I've been seeing it more and more lately. But I agree, majority of the ones I see on a daily basis are the A4 and A6. Guess it makes more sense to have a 4 door, some days, I wish had the extra doors. It really does get annoying if there are more than 2 people. :ouch:

It's all good, moving on soon enough, just need to decide on what to get next.

I've been seeing it more and more lately. But I agree, majority of the ones I see on a daily basis are the A4 and A6. Guess it makes more sense to have a 4 door, some days, I wish had the extra doors. It really does get annoying if there are more than 2 people. :ouch:

It's all good, moving on soon enough, just need to decide on what to get next.

And sometimes I wish I had the 4.2 V8 and that sleek back. Want to trade?💡

Ohh Audi talk, I'm in :D

A5 has a sportback version. Is it available in the states? But a 2 door always looks sleeker IMHO

New A5 comes out soon.

And then there, for the even sportier people, will be the audi r5.
It's coming, probably with the 2.5TFSI (from the ttrs rs3) in the middle.
Google it, it's a gem.
And the whole VAG is lauching small sports car like this, VW has one planned, Porsche I think too.
Hope it comes with a visco diff and not a haldex.

Also maybe it's just Europe, but we will have to say goodbye to the 4.2 in the S class. All the S classes are beeing downsized and the v8 will be reserved for the RS line.

And sometimes I wish I had the 4.2 V8 and that sleek back. Want to trade?💡

Sometimes I wish i didn't (like when I'm filling up at the gas station every few days) I wouldn't mind switching on some weekends. :sly:

Ohh Audi talk, I'm in :D

A5 has a sportback version. Is it available in the states? But a 2 door always looks sleeker IMHO

New A5 comes out soon.

And then there, for the even sportier people, will be the audi r5.
It's coming, probably with the 2.5TFSI (from the ttrs rs3) in the middle.
Google it, it's a gem.
And the whole VAG is lauching small sports car like this, VW has one planned, Porsche I think too.
Hope it comes with a visco diff and not a haldex.

Also maybe it's just Europe, but we will have to say goodbye to the 4.2 in the S class. All the S classes are beeing downsized and the v8 will be reserved for the RS line.

Nope, the sportback is not available in the states, not yet at least. I'm still a Coupe man for now, I love my 2 doors.

as for the new A5, other then the new LEDs, what else has changed?

RS5, trust me, as soon as it's comes out in the states, I'll be at the knocking at my dealers doors. From what I was told, it should arrive sometimes late Spring or early Summer.

But while I'm waiting, I have been eyeing the AMG C63 Coupe, didn't like it from the pics but when I saw it in person. I was impressed on how it looks. I like it.

as for the 4.2 V8, i was told they were supposed to phase it out a year or 2 ago and replace it with the V6T so I'm surprised they are still offering the S5 with the 4.2 V8, but the S5 Cabriolet is using the V6T. Why is that?

As my name implies, I own an 87 GMC Safari Van that I call the SS Safari. We salvaged the van still running strong after sitting for 3 years with the stock 4.3 V6 for only $300. Drove it for a little bit but something was missing, something along the lines of a little bit of Chevy Small Block, we searched around and found a barn fresh 72 'Vette (only 7,000 miles!) and pulled the motor and transmission out of it (currently we are not using the 'Vette transmission for fear of ripping the stock rear end in two. The stock Rear end isn't exchangeable as it's an offset and would require engineering a new whole rear end and well we're poor.) for only $500. The motor is a High output 350Ci and pushed around 350 to 375 horsepower. We soon there after put an Edelbrock aluminum intake and an Edelbrock high performance Carb. this amongst other simple tuneups and bolt-ons have raised the horsepower to around 480 with ungodly amounts of torque. We don't have to much money but the van has around $1700 in including the purchase of the van. It's good cheap American fun. (sorry for the van not being clean it's a daily driver)

102_1365.jpg

102_1366.jpg

102_1367.jpg

102_1368.jpg

102_1369.jpg

Untitled-2.png

102_1372.jpg

Sometimes I wish i didn't (like when I'm filling up at the gas station every few days) I wouldn't mind switching on some weekends. :sly:

Nope, the sportback is not available in the states, not yet at least. I'm still a Coupe man for now, I love my 2 doors.

as for the new A5, other then the new LEDs, what else has changed?

RS5, trust me, as soon as it's comes out in the states, I'll be at the knocking at my dealers doors. From what I was told, it should arrive sometimes late Spring or early Summer.

But while I'm waiting, I have been eyeing the AMG C63 Coupe, didn't like it from the pics but when I saw it in person. I was impressed on how it looks. I like it.

as for the 4.2 V8, i was told they were supposed to phase it out a year or 2 ago and replace it with the V6T so I'm surprised they are still offering the S5 with the 4.2 V8, but the S5 Cabriolet is using the V6T. Why is that?

The new S5 will have an updated option list, and as usual the lighting as you said is reworked (that is what audi calls an update nowadays ;)) , some light bodywork modification, like the single frame, and will then switch to the 3l TFSI. The RS5 will still have it's nice 4.2 V8.
They do that because of economy, efficiency. Downgrading is the new trend word in the automotive world. There were a lot of wrong rumors in the Internet to when the V8 is going to be stopped in some models, but it was always meant to be 2012-2013
And why not, the V6 has more power than the V8 and consumes a lot less. The engine is around 200 pounds lighter.
That adds a lot to the drive dynamics.
I drove the new S4 and it's a really nice car and engine.
Turbo lag is nearly non existant.
I liked it a lot.

Gtmail can add surely a bit to what the engine is as daily driver?

Just saw this post. Congrats on the purchase! I love the E39 M5, and that's my absolute favorite color.

It looks like you have a black interior, oh and do I see the little tabs for the rear sunshades? Is your M5 LMB on black, LMB on LMB, LMB on Imola or LMB on Silverstone?

You should post more pictures. Car looks really clean. Congrats again.

Thanks! It's one of my favorite colors for an M5. The interior is the sport interior, but it is black with grey inserts and aluminum trim. I love this interior. It has the rear side sunshades and the rear power sunshade. I'm loving this car. Here's more pics of it:

fb_IMG_8239.jpg

fb_IMG_8248.jpg

fb_IMG_8249.jpg

fb_IMG_8256.jpg

fb_IMG_8258.jpg

It's a Audi S4 (love the white by the way :sly:), not a super car, not sure why would someone need to "pretend" to own it. If I was going to bluff, I'd go big or go home.

Because the pictures he used weren't even his and taken almost a year ago. His signature says 2012 yet the pictures are of a 20111 from what I found. Apparently that is a one of a kind s4, USA wise.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/christianmlau/sets/72157626312732399/detail/

Also, the engine bay he posted on forzaplanet( http://www.forzaplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=10141#post10141 ) is from a WHITE 2011 car with a red interior and belongs to someone in NEW YORK ( http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/412768-2011-Audi-B8-S4-Blog-thread ) while the outside pictures are of a silver 2011 linked above.

Last edited:
Well I technically don't have a car but my soon to be car (maybe) is sadly not in GT5 :( but it's my dads 2003 Nissan maxima se 4AT but that car has some torque in it and it has black leather interior :). He said he might think about getting a new car and I asked if he would love to give it to his dear old son and he said maybe (more like a smirk)

gt5user1684, You have a great taste in cars! Audi S5 AND Mercedes C63 AMG? Love them both!

If you like them too, that means WE have great taste in car. But then again, it's subjective, I'm sure there are people that hate them. O well, to each his own.

Was driving around this Saturday with my girl (weather was amazing) and saw a Mercedes Dealer along the highway, thought what the hell and decided to stop in for a quick look. Went straight for the only AMG C63 Coupe on the showroom floor.

kijhM.jpg

Diamond White... looks amazing, got in and play with all the buttons as usual, sales guy walked up, asked if he could help me with anything, told him I was just looking, started talking for a little bit, then he insisted that I take it out for a test drive. Told him I'm not ready to trade in but he insisted again so what the heck. Said there was only 2 in the lot so he went to the back and pulled the other one up front.

I7Nza.jpg

Obsidian Black with every package including the AMG Development Package (bumps the HP +30 and a few other things). Got in, started the car.......

the sound that came out of that car was absolutely heaven. gave it a few good revs and off we were. Was out for a good 15 min going up and down the highway. When I finally went back to the dealer, I kid you not, I was ready to sign the dotted line but then my girl slapped some sense into me, we thanked him and away we went to enjoy the rest of the day.

p.s. I still have the paperwork just in case i change my mind.!! :sly:

The new S5 will have an updated option list, and as usual the lighting as you said is reworked (that is what audi calls an update nowadays ;)) , some light bodywork modification, like the single frame, and will then switch to the 3l TFSI. The RS5 will still have it's nice 4.2 V8.
They do that because of economy, efficiency. Downgrading is the new trend word in the automotive world. There were a lot of wrong rumors in the Internet to when the V8 is going to be stopped in some models, but it was always meant to be 2012-2013
And why not, the V6 has more power than the V8 and consumes a lot less. The engine is around 200 pounds lighter.
That adds a lot to the drive dynamics.
I drove the new S4 and it's a really nice car and engine.
Turbo lag is nearly non existant.
I liked it a lot.

Gtmail can add surely a bit to what the engine is as daily driver?

New trend in better fuel economy engines are useless unless we the people start driving differently, a 2.0T can waste as much gas as a V8 depending on who's driving. I driven 2 different loaner cars from my dealer when I brought the S5 in for service.

first was the Passat 2.0T

XeVZB.jpg

surprisingly good ride, was able to get the tires to chirp on demand and turbo lag was non existent.

QrFEF.jpg

second was the Audi A4 2.0T, this was surprising, the turbo lag was ridiculous, to say I was disappointed was a understatement. there were many times where i floored it and i could count to 1 or 2 seconds before i would feel any power, but still no where like the feeling i got from the passat. go fig.

So again, I'm all for the new trend in smaller engine and better fuel economy so long as they do it right and don't take the fun of driving. But for now, I'm still in love with the sound a V8 makes, especially the new AMG...

This thread needs a new ludicrous claim. :D

you mean you don't believe i have all the cars i said i had in my summer house in the Hamptons. no way... but its so true. :scared:

Because the pictures he used weren't even his and taken almost a year ago. His signature says 2012 yet the pictures are of a 20111 from what I found. Apparently that is a one of a kind s4, USA wise.

Also, the engine bay he posted on forzaplanet( http://www.forzaplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=10141#post10141 ) is from a WHITE 2011 car with a red interior and belongs to someone in NEW YORK ( http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/412768-2011-Audi-B8-S4-Blog-thread ) while the outside pictures are of a silver 2011 linked above.

Good detective work, O well, another one bites the dust, i still stick to my original thought, if it makes him feel better about himself to fool me and others here, considered me fooled. Moving along.

👍

You're done.
yHy6R.jpg
otMhJ.jpg

Gt5user1684, I actually meant to say that we need someone who claims to have the car, but can not back it up, and so far, nobody has been busted. :sly:

You should have slapped your girl back, and sign on the dotted line! :lol:

Can't remember if I have posted here before. I do not have a car so I will post a pic of my bikes. (if that is allowed?)

My TL1000S after I rebuilt it. Lots of mods.

208637_19193628184_670468184_199084_3438_n.jpg

155_21174593184_670468184_419477_3971_n.jpg

A new purchase, bought last Friday, totally stock. Have not really took it out for a proper ride, hope to this weekend.

IMG_2493-1.png

You're done.
yHy6R.jpg
otMhJ.jpg

HaHa..!! 👍 :lol: good one. you win this round.

Gt5user1684, I actually meant to say that we need someone who claims to have the car, but can not back it up, and so far, nobody has been busted. :sly:

You should have slapped your girl back, and sign on the dotted line! :lol:

Yea right, it was such nice weather anyways, i wouldn't mind sleeping in the dog house for a few days... or better, sleep in the new AMG (i'm still thinking about the glorious sounds it made)... :lol:

HAHA OWNED. Nice. 👍 Show the doubters what's up.

Funny, no one questioned me about my Atom. :)

You asked for it.... I'm questioning now, please show proof of purchase, picture of it with the keys on the dash and the registration plus license plate so i can run a check at the DMV. and also please provide DOB plus SS so i can run a credit check and a background check on top of that. I'll be waiting. :lol:

You asked for it.... I'm questioning now, please show proof of purchase, picture of it with the keys on the dash and the registration plus license plate so i can run a check at the DMV. and also please provide DOB plus SS so i can run a credit check and a background check on top of that. I'll be waiting. :lol:

Okay, moving right along now...the light's green, don't block the intersection!

original.jpg

original.jpg

New wheels and tires for the 2012....got a good deal on this set of Volk and splurged on a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport...

My rocking car
wait a minute I DONT HAVE ONE. Wish i did, 2 more years. But what a good first car hmmmmm NEW THREAD But i like the golf and the
Mistshu

my current ride
6449_99990941924_683516924_2181152_5839083_n.jpg

'92 Golf GTI 8v

Past ride...
mk1 Golf GTI Sportline
284_18898291924_683516924_712615_146_n.jpg

6409_106686661924_683516924_2291643_868215_n.jpg

26610_376938156924_683516924_3869432_3245972_n.jpg

1.8 16v 170bhp / 140lb
273_18888601924_683516924_712485_9388_n.jpg

Even got to the Ring :)