Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,496 comments
My 2001 M5 - picked it up Saturday.

fb_IMG_8134.jpg

fb_IMG_8155.jpg

Never been a Beamer fan, but both of those look awesome! Also loving that Evo. Seeing all these makes me want to put my black wheels on again lol.

Rotary Junkie
What happened with the blue one?

Lift off oversteer a couple of years back.. That, plus it's actually rusty as hell. It's working out okay though, the car has already donated some parts to the red sled and I gave a buddy of mine the power assist system including the rack, pump and tank for his GTti. I will never part with the coilovers.. :) It's a bold claim, but I think the blue car was the lowest Daihatsu seen online. It's lived a good life :)
The red sled will be lower btw.. Oh, and the new Mk3 is pretty sweet.. It's soon time to get it low I guess.. I have a bad case of abstinence of driving low cars going on.. :embarrassed:

IMG240-2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Technically these aren't mine, but my dads.. But oh well, this is his current car:

180729_1503429197796_1596234579_1139717_482071_n.jpg

Soon to be joined by this

tn

An Ariel Atom :D This is our actual car as it was about 2 weeks ago, and it is being collected in a couple of weeks :D

Cleaned the 911 today, for the first time since my November roadtrip to meet Sage in San Diego, where I shot this photo at Stone Brewing, which makes her look like a toy car!:
poll4.jpg

Yeah, I know it's bad I've left it that long, however, I hurt my back in mid-December, and have only recently been signed off from the Physiotherapist. :guilty:

Anyway, took the clean 911 for a quick visit to one of the MythBuster's favourite stomping grounds, Treasure Island, to get a few shots with SF & the Bay Bridge as background. Came home for a final polish off and to clean up the windows, wheels and tyres, and took a nighttime/dusk shot too:

poll2.jpg

poll1k.jpg

poll3.jpg

That's a beautiful looking 911! I've always wanted to own an older Porsche like that.

That Hummer is ridiculously massive. I've never seen one in real life... but it looks bigger than an average-sized tower block. That isn't Sages car, is it? :P

Pics of my new ride for those of you who have not seen it yet.

2002 Volvo S60

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

It needs a bath at the moment, but that will be another day for it is cold today. Also i need more, better pictures, these were taken in a hurry the other day. I also want to take its picture other places instead of infront of my apartment

Ive been with GTP since 2007, and I believe this is the first time ive posted in this thread lol

Oh, and i forgot to mention, YES that is another S60 back there, it belongs to my upstairs neighbor. we had a discussion after i got mine on how we have almost identical cars, except on the inside and his has no sunroof. He has the non turbo with no options at all, and a stick. it is still fun to park next to each other though!

Well, winter's over here in Southern Ontario....
ZR1 wheels on summers will be going on tomorrow.

How much HP does that Camaro have? Does it have enought to break traction on those big tires? Looks great, btw.

Thanks, has somewhere around 340-350ish hp. Ran a 13.1 with the old owner on crap tires. Since then I've switched the 3.42 rear end to a 3.73 and the car feels a lot livelier, hopefully good for a tenth.

Yes it will break traction.

*Mild language warning at the end of that video....
The hanging Honda badge is a nice touch.

Haha thanks. My buddy who owns the civic it belonged to thought it'd be funny to hang there, so he gave it to me.

Do you have any pictures of the car after you brought it home?

I think he was stressing the "name on paper" thing.

It's a Audi S4 (love the white by the way :sly:), not a super car, not sure why would someone need to "pretend" to own it. If I was going to bluff, I'd go big or go home.

As for me, I have a Ferrari Enzo, Lamborghini Aventador, Bugatti Veyron, Koenigsegg CCX just to name a few, and that's only in my summer mansion in The Hamptons. You should see what I have in my primary residence.

:scared:

okay, enough dreaming, I kid. To each his own, if someone feels like they have to pull a fast one on people here on GTP to make themselves feel better, o well, who am I to deny them that. All the power to you.

Oh and full disclosure, I have a Audi S5 (the one in my avatar), I can't take a pic right now because it's dark out. ;)

Take care guys.

My 2001 M5 - picked it up Saturday.

fb_IMG_8134.jpg

fb_IMG_8155.jpg

Just saw this post. Congrats on the purchase! I love the E39 M5, and that's my absolute favorite color.

It looks like you have a black interior, oh and do I see the little tabs for the rear sunshades? Is your M5 LMB on black, LMB on LMB, LMB on Imola or LMB on Silverstone?

You should post more pictures. Car looks really clean. Congrats again.

Back