Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,496 comments
My Mum's 1992 Mitsubishi Magna [i think it's Australian version of Lancer] station wagon just been serviced on Friday

A Magna is a Magna, not a Lancer.

Lancers are called Lancers.

finally got a digital camera:sly:

My Mum's 1992 Mitsubishi Magna [i think it's Australian version of Lancer] station wagon just been serviced on Friday

i'll get more photos whenever possible

Americans will recongnise the car as a Mitsubishi Demented.... Oh sorry I meant Mitsubishi Diamante.

Not mine, by my parent's new Jaguar S-Type 2.7D SE. I've only just taken off the only decent pictures on Dad's camera I took of it the other week (damn sun in the last picture...):

stypexb0.jpg

stype2gx6.jpg

stype3rt9.jpg

@ HKS Due your team photos are off the hizzle :D Seriously nice, I REALLY REALLY want to see the whole thing. ANd 2 300ZX/s of god i'm in love. I love these cars. Actually I love al l those cars. In the back though, is that a RX-7 I see :D ?

@ Dragon... Dude I think you guys got a pair of sexy cars. That is probally the best looking Scion I have ever seen. I bet it sounds pretty badass also. And I hope your not going to ruin that 350Z like the 15 year old is. Nice cars BTW!

@ Krame, you know I love your WRX, and those photos arevery hawt! :D O and whos S2000 is that? By far one of my favorite cars out there!

@ V8 powah! Your car looks cool with the strip, but why Yellow? :yuck: Make it like a navy blue or somthing, or even red :drool: Then that would be hot out of the oven. :)

@ GT Your dad has a fine looking Jag. I don't know much about Jags, but is that a diesal? Cause I can't stand cars that are diesal. :yuck:

dsc00010kc5.jpg

Check it out, my first car. 1990 Mazda MX5, 140,000Km on the clock, pretty mint inside and out.
It's completely stock at the moment but if finances allow in the future then I might get some new wheels and make it a bit lower. But for the moment I'm just going to get used to driving it.

Sorry about the crappy photo, I only just got it home.

Check it out, my first car.
You, lucky dog! 👍 That's my favorite color for the 1st gen Miatas too. I of course love the stock rims. 👍👍

Couple of guys I work with just got early to mid 90's Miatas, also. They are loving it, and I'm bit jealous. They are fun to drive, and with the gas prices the way it is, they're fuel savers too.

G.T: That is a beautiful Jag. I rarely see those around here, which is odd, because they've been around for few years now. Very good blend of retro and modern.

I love the Silencer's Trans Am too. I just wish it was black, with golden bird on the hood. :D

I love the Silencer's Trans Am too. I just wish it was black, with golden bird on the hood. :D

Me too. Maybe if I ever save enough money up while I own it I'll repaint it black with the golden Firebird on the hood. Of course I have to get my WS-6 hood first and take care of a few minor maintenance things so it might take awhile to get that done money wise.

@ V8 powah! Your car looks cool with the strip, but why Yellow? :yuck: Make it like a navy blue or somthing, or even red :drool: Then that would be hot out of the oven. :)

Well there are alot of blue and red cars on the roads. There are not two many yellow ones. I have never seen another yellow car with a black stripe. Thats why I like the color, I can turn alot of heads when I drive my car and if it was a different color I don't think so many people would look.

@ Dragon... Dude I think you guys got a pair of sexy cars. That is probally the best looking Scion I have ever seen. I bet it sounds pretty badass also. And I hope your not going to ruin that 350Z like the 15 year old is. Nice cars BTW!

I dreamed up the mods for the tC, I will do the Z justice as well. Thanks for the props. They still have a little ways to go on both cars. More mods to come.

Is there more pics to come :D

But of course. Just came from the dyno today, and it didn't turn out so great. I had to do at least 8 pulls to get any numbers from the tC. When she hit boost, the tires would spin on the dyno...:scared: It was a crazy day. The guy couldn't get the Tac read right, so my graph was all broken up from the read-non-read. All in all with the tires spinning on the dyno, I hit 250whp/250wtq @ 8 PSI

dsc00010kc5.jpg

Check it out, my first car. 1990 Mazda MX5, 140,000Km on the clock, pretty mint inside and out.
It's completely stock at the moment but if finances allow in the future then I might get some new wheels and make it a bit lower. But for the moment I'm just going to get used to driving it.

Sorry about the crappy photo, I only just got it home.

Please, keep it as it is, it will handle much sweeter as it is then it will with bigger wheels and lowered suspension. Mazda's engineers spent a lot of time and money optomising the handling and came up with these settings, messing with them can only make it worse. Unless you are planning on using it mainly on the track in which case you'll need to know what you are doing to make it go any better.

Great car though! 👍

Please, keep it as it is, it will handle much sweeter as it is then it will with bigger wheels and lowered suspension. Mazda's engineers spent a lot of time and money optomising the handling and came up with these settings, messing with them can only make it worse. Unless you are planning on using it mainly on the track in which case you'll need to know what you are doing to make it go any better.

Great car though! 👍

Yea, from the little I've driven it so far I like how it handles so I'd like to keep it handling like such.
I'm definately taking on board what you say because you actually race cars and know what makes them handle so your advice is worth listening to.
Cheers.

@ GT Your dad has a fine looking Jag. I don't know much about Jags, but is that a diesal? Cause I can't stand cars that are diesal. :yuck:
It is. Kind of a necessary fuel-type to have here, especially for a car of that size. We could've went for a petrol one, but we're thinking of keeping this one for years and would save a bit of money on fuel on the long run, which wouldn't really if you kept it for only a year like we usually do...

Thanks to eveyone else for the comments. :)

I just think you'll get more enjoyment from your car if you spent the money you would spend on mods on maintenance, good tyres, fresh brakes and pads etc. If you eventually find yourself wanting a bit more power, an induction kit and free flowing exhaust would be cheep upgrades worth forking out for.

An early MX-5 makes an ideal first car, is it a AUS spec MX-5 or a Japanese import Eunos?

I just think you'll get more enjoyment from your car if you spent the money you would spend on mods on maintenance, good tyres, fresh brakes and pads etc. If you eventually find yourself wanting a bit more power, an induction kit and free flowing exhaust would be cheep upgrades worth forking out for.

An early MX-5 makes an ideal first car, is it a AUS spec MX-5 or a Japanese import Eunos?

After mulling it over a bit I'm just going to leave it standard since it's good enough as it is and I think the car will be worth more without modifications. This weekend I was going to go over the car and change the brake fluid (It's pretty crap at the moment), pump up the tires a bit and various other little maintenence things that need to be done.

It's a good first car though it is horribly impractical, I only considered it because I still have access to the family cars, two hatchbacks and a station wagon for more practical times. The boot is tiny and there's only two seats and it's a good thing I'm pretty short because it's just not a tall person car.
And also, for a 1600cc its not that economical, the gearing is quite short which means it's really easy to drive about, really tractable but it doesn't hepl economy. It's not chronic though.
Overall I'm pleased I bought it, I can't wait to take it out onto a really nice bit of road to just drive for the sake of driving.

It's a NZ-new car, not a Eunos roadster. It's the absolute most basic model, no electric windows, no central locking, no power steering. Of course, this means it weighs a bit less than the normal MX5 which is no bad thing. The steering is manageable at low speeds but really comes alive with feeling once it gets moving.

Skidz on!!!

Anyway I'm thinking of selling my CRX to fund my Civic, I was offered 3x what I payed for it!

I'm going to budget $1500 for a workhack though, probably another Civic.

Skidz on!!!

Anyway I'm thinking of selling my CRX to fund my Civic, I was offered 3x what I payed for it!

I'm going to budget $1500 for a workhack though, probably another Civic.

Oh mate, you could've made that descision about a week ago and I would have taken it off your hands :grumpy:

I'll do you one better, I'll give you a link to vids of me and my girl racing each other. She was in the tC for the first couple of races her SN is (ISmokeGuys), and mine is (RhythmnSmoke), so look at the video captions for indication on which one of us is in which car during the races.

I don't quite see how videos are better evidence than hand printed signs saying "Hello GTPlanet - dragonitti" on the cars, but whatever. I'm not one to argue a point like this, I just thought it was a tad ridiculous that people ask for proof of cars with less mods/power/cost/etc and nobody thought to pester you the same way.

I don't quite see how videos are better evidence than hand printed signs saying "Hello GTPlanet - dragonitti" on the cars, but whatever. I'm not one to argue a point like this, I just thought it was a tad ridiculous that people ask for proof of cars with less mods/power/cost/etc and nobody thought to pester you the same way.

It is 2:00 AM here, and I just got back from a little racing down at the "ghetto" track, and a couple of highway runs. I will be sure to take a pic tomorrow morning of BOTH of our cars with my screen name and me in between, JUST for you bud. And I'll even post my latest vid I just recorded of me Vs. my friend's TRD S/C tC.

I posted the vids instead cause I thought you might wanted to have a little entertainment.

Back