Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,496 comments
The code on the end of the url (in this case 'xX2DOu1pj2k') goes between the youtube tags.

Like so. :-)

:D Or I could have posted the link, so you could see why I got mad!

Can anyone explain how you use the YouTube button in the reply bar?
Couldn't get it to embed the clip, so here's the link:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xX2DOu1pj2k
:lol:

Nice work not punting into him in the first instance. 👍

It seems your engine has gone into "limp home" mode. An electronic setting. Are you sure you need a whole new engine to fix this and not just a trip to your mechanic?

Are you sure you need a whole new engine to fix this and not just a trip to your mechanic?

:P Would be nice, wouldn't it? But it's seriously ****ed – you can hear the rattling sound at the end of the vid – after that I rolled out.

The chief mech at my Lotus dealer started it to listen. His comment was "Sounded worse than a diesel at -20°C!" – he very quickly switched it off again.

Watched the exige vs gt3 video and i have to say:
you really downshift early, and i don't even drive cars irl,
and i can still hear that :)
You can see the car shake when the engine bounces off the rev limiter

I don't know why, but certain videos on youtube don't load for me (Usually the ones that i want to watch the most :grumpy:) and this video is being one of them. Any ideas on how i can finally watch this video?

Umm.... speedyK? How much money do you make in a year? Holy hell.

The reason I ask you this, is because you don't seem to make a very big deal about BLOWING YOUR ENGINE IN A LOTUS. How much did it cost?

👍 OK. Allow me to rephrase that:

The current condition, as assessed by preliminary visual and aural inspection prior to dismantling, leads the chief mechanic at my Lotus dealer to the diagnosis that a restituo ad integrum is precluded as a viable way forward for my engine, due to the disproportionate amount of effort that this would entail. The required new parts and labour involved would result in the attainment of a financial niveau which, though not as high as that of a replacement engine, is still not a sensible alternative due to the ever-present risk of undetected damage revealing itself after a rebuild. Far safer to put a new one in with a warranty.

(The first version was quicker though! :sly: )

👍 OK. Allow me to rephrase that:

The current condition, as assessed by preliminary visual and aural inspection prior to dismantling, leads the chief mechanic at my Lotus dealer to the diagnosis that a restituo ad integrum is precluded as a viable way forward for my engine, due to the disproportionate amount of effort that this would entail. The required new parts and labour involved would result in the attainment of a financial niveau which, though not as high as that of a replacement engine, is still not a sensible alternative due to the ever-present risk of undetected damage revealing itself after a rebuild. Far safer to put a new one in with a warranty.

(The first version was quicker though! :sly: )

And in the meantime, go rent a Civic or something with a stick and practice toe and heel down shifting. Bouncing off the limiter in an MR car can be bad in my experience - had my MR2 come out in a corner cause of it...

And listen to your videos for the noise of when you need to up shift. You're a damn good driver from what I can see, just need to get that shifting sorted out.

And can you buy me a Lotus? Pwease, cause I love them!! :dopey:

And in the meantime, go rent a Civic or something with a stick and practice toe and heel down shifting.

Nah – no Civic for me – I've got a few more cars with manual transmission to practice on:

300ZX TwinTurbo 2+2 with 340hp
57154522_04460278e1_o.jpg

170749922_829aec8a9c_o.jpg

You can see it in action here just hanging onto a mate's Ruf 964RS Turbo (with 437bhp not 420 as I thought) for a lap:
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-545235663700196479&q=speedyK&total=25&start=10&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3
Great car. On the unrestricted German autobahn I've seen an indicated 272kmh (169mph) and that wasn't maxed out, but the tyres aren't rated for more. (I've seen 250kmh (155mph) in the Exige in Germany – also not maxed out, but traffic was too thick to do more).

Peugeot 106 GTI with 118bhp
170760258_e3ca744529.jpg

You can see it in action here where I got second fastest time in the 2WD category:
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-207789084857660998

It's good that both these are in GT4 too :)

My other manual cars don't get so maltreated (so no vids):

Lancia Beta Spider 2000 (Zagato in N. America) with 118bhp
35968833_194fca9692.jpg

35968834_34be360c21.jpg

MG MGC Roadster 145bhp (not got a pic of the finished restauration to hand)
e99566e6.jpg

Additionally, I have a Durango SLT 230bhp (auto, of course) But I still think it's fun in 2WD mode on the snow.
76024328_8e3605d975_o.jpg

None of these other cars are expensive, but all are a bit special (even the Durango in Europe!) and fun to drive.

My dream car is a :bowdown: :bowdown: :cool: Gallardo Superleggera :cool: – with E-paddles, so that I can't bust it so easily! 👍 :rolleyes: :D

The only reason I suggested Civic is that they are cheap and fairly revvy :P Be a real shame to blow that Z, though its amazingly nice looking.

I've seen the other cars, all quite nice indeed. And nice comment on the Gallardo ;)

I don't know why, but certain videos on youtube don't load for me (Usually the ones that i want to watch the most :grumpy:) and this video is being one of them. Any ideas on how i can finally watch this video?

not sure, try clicking on the video and go into you tube. or go to View -> Source and then search for you tube as the you tube link and go there and play with it? :S i suspect it's the embedded ones that give you grief?

speedy k. lmao. you take it so seriously :P but good job overtaking that m3 anyway. shame about the engine though. what you need is a rotary, then high revs = no problem :sly:

not sure, try clicking on the video and go into you tube. or go to View -> Source and then search for you tube as the you tube link and go there and play with it? :S i suspect it's the embedded ones that give you grief?

Its not just the embedded videos. Theres videos that i have bookmarked that no matter, will just not play for me

Lets see. Since the last pics...New Tips on..Tint(Legal-28% Front- 15% Rear......New Radio in(Pioneer DEH-7800MP)....And new tires(Kumho Ecsta ASX)

Not the best burnouts or anything, I'm not trying to tear up the new tires that much. One these wear out you'll see more smoke. I took it easy this time. lol.

Video. I hope you guys like the music LOL

YouTube

StreetFire

BILD0407.jpg

BILD0393.jpg

BILD0394.jpg

BILD0391.jpg

BILD0404.jpg

It's a low mileage 1st series pre facelift Lancia Delta 1300 from 1984 in a good condition. My pictures are rubbish though. It's a good car, but it drinks alot. :D

It's not that hard when you know the right people. The bodypars are hard to find, exept for the bootlid wich is identical on all Delta's. I've got one from an 8v Integrale in my garage to replace the one on my car because it is rusting. (that is one of the weak spots of the bodywork) The engine is no problem either, all the parts needed for regular maintenance like air and oilfilters are still being made and the engine itself is the same as in a Fiat Ritmo or a Lancia Prisma so you can still find parts.

The engine is reliable but slow. :D

DSCF1518.jpg

There's a really crappy picture of the car I'm getting. It's currently my dad's car. It's a 2000 Toyota Camry LE 4-cylinder. It gets the job done. I can't really complain since, well, it's a car. I can't remember when that picture was taken...about a year ago, I think. I'll get you all some more pictures after it gets new tires and a new coat of wax and a really thorough cleaning. I just applied a coat of Turtle Wax ICE to the car a few weeks ago, but I'm going to give it another coat.

It's nothing fancy, but it'll be mine...and I'll be proud of it.

Latest Posts

Back