Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,496 comments
Grab yourself some good 16" alloys and some 30% tint all the way around and it will make the car look pimp.

IMG_67842.jpg

Cutlass or Malibu?

*Prays for first*

Right now, I'm looking to get a nice radio. That will probably be it for a while.

You can get a set of rims and tires for $300~400. And tint won't cost you more than $120 if you know someone or $175 if you don't. Just saying... :sly:👍

A set of 16" rims would look good on any car that currently has hubcaps. Its perfectly legitimate logic. And that Malibu looks good on the outside.

again, and your point is?

I see people put rims and tires on civics, so why not a malibu.
A civic is a sport compact. Lightweight with a good chassis, and makes for a fun little track car if done right. A malibu is, well, a malibu, and nothing more.

Especially if you get wheels for the said 400 bucks, that would just be embarrasing. Its one thing to tune up a "different" car, and come up with something decent, but putting cheap parts on a car that isn't worth it is just stupid. Waste of money and time.

There are Hondas (Preludes/S2000s/NSXs) and there are Hondas (Civics/everythingelses). Big difference. ;)

A civic is a sport compact. Lightweight with a good chassis, and makes for a fun little track car if done right. A malibu is, well, a malibu, and nothing more.

Especially if you get wheels for the said 400 bucks, that would just be embarrasing. Its one thing to tune up a "different" car, and come up with something decent, but putting cheap parts on a car that isn't worth it is just stupid. Waste of money and time.

"it's just another Honda"

Couldn't have said it any better myself DWA 👍. Last time i checked a civic was an overrated, overly mass produced soda can.

A Malibu is well, pretty much what a civic is. It's small, disposable, and makes a decent first car if your just looking for a means of transportation.

Your not fooling anyone having a civic with rims. Nobody is thinking "oh wow, he must race or something", it just makes the car a tiny bit more aesthetically pleasing in the eyes of the owner. It's not like the rims have to stay on one car either.

it just makes the car a tiny bit more aesthetically pleasing in the eyes of the owner.

This is exactly my opinion. Just because you own a "soda can" doesn't mean you can put some decent wheels and tires on it.

Awesome man! More pictures please.

Mini Cooper = Win

Mini Cooper S = Massive Win.

"it's just another Honda"

Couldn't have said it any better myself DWA 👍. Last time i checked a civic was an overrated, overly mass produced soda can.

A Malibu is well, pretty much what a civic is. It's small, disposable, and makes a decent first car if your just looking for a means of transportation.

Your not fooling anyone having a civic with rims. Nobody is thinking "oh wow, he must race or something", it just makes the car a tiny bit more aesthetically pleasing in the eyes of the owner. It's not like the rims have to stay on one car either.

Dude, putting decent rims on a Malibu from before 1978 is just stupid, and you should know why.

They're all crap.

Most Civics, whilst boring, are NOT crap.

Bought this last Monday.

Lots of fun to drive!

Good man 👍

Went up to Mini In The Park at Santa Pod over the weekend, and had a few goes on the quater mile. I've never done it before and it was brilliant, even though I lost all 6 runs I did :lol: Apart from one 21.0, I was consistantly in the 20s, around 62mph across the line. I had the fastest reactions against the other lane in all 6 runs though :)

In the queue:

DSC_0105.jpg

And on the strip, on my second run:

DSC_0131-1.jpg

DSC_0132-1.jpg

Run times and speeds are in the attached.

Attachments

• Santa Pod timeslips.doc
    61 KB · Views: 20
Back