Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,496 comments
DWA
In his defense I could say the same for Hondas after all it's just another Honda... but I don't want to get flamed. :indiff:
A Honda is still a honda, but look at how many of them are used for track purposes. They've proven themselves over and over again that they can be made into great competitive cars.

There are Hondas (Preludes/S2000s/NSXs) and there are Hondas (Civics/everythingelses). Big difference. ;)
*searches google for "Prelude race car" and laughes at the lack of them, then searches for "Civic race car" and is pleased with the amount of Civics that a Prelude could never touch on a track.*

And you know I'm right, it's not even a "IMO" thing.

"it's just another Honda"

Couldn't have said it any better myself DWA 👍. Last time i checked a civic was an overrated, overly mass produced soda can.

A Malibu is well, pretty much what a civic is. It's small, disposable, and makes a decent first car if your just looking for a means of transportation.

Your not fooling anyone having a civic with rims. Nobody is thinking "oh wow, he must race or something", it just makes the car a tiny bit more aesthetically pleasing in the eyes of the owner. It's not like the rims have to stay on one car either.
But for some reason a Malibu with rims is VERY much more likely to end up in the Questionable modifications thread. I wonder why?

No a Civic Si or Civic Type R is a sport compact...a normal Civic is still an economy car.
Nope, my car is not very sporty, but it's definantly a sport compact last time I checked. And the Civic type r is quite economical as well.

Nope, my car is not very sporty, but it's definantly a sport compact last time I checked. And the Civic type r is quite economical as well.

My truck is sporty but it's not a sports truck. A Civic is NOT a sport compact in normal trim.

But for some reason a Malibu with rims is VERY much more likely to end up in the Questionable modifications thread. I wonder why?

ORLY? Then why does the percentage of civics/malibus with rims in this thread lean a lot more towards the civic side.

I'm not saying "put some 20's with spinnas and rubba band tires on dat thing yo". If decent rims can be put on a civic, they can no doubt be put on a malibu.

My truck is sporty but it's not a sports truck. A Civic is NOT a sport compact in normal trim.
Wikipedia
The "sports compact", on the other hand, is a compact car that has been improved (by owner or manufacturer) to provide an elevated degree of vehicle performance over the base version of the car.

Well, I guess my car would be a compact then, but by this definition it's a sport compact now. Even more once I get my wheels installed.

EDIT: Regardless, the fact is that a Civic can be made into a worthy track car, and is one of the best handling front wheel drive cars today, so putting a set of wheels on one is more justified than putting some on a Malibu.

A malibu is a compact car In American car size standards. So wouldn't that make a malibu with wheels, since only wheels will make your civic a sport compact, a sport compact.

A malibu is a compact car In American car size standards. So wouldn't that make a malibu with wheels, since only wheels will make your civic a sport compact, a sport compact.
American car sizes are invalid to the rest of the world, they make huge cars.

A Malibu has no potential whatsoever in the performance category, unlike a civic, which a simple search in google car prove that is has, so putting wheels on a civic can make perfect sense. On the other hand, no matter what wheels you put on a Malibu, and this gets more extreme the cheaper the wheels are, you will look like a complete idiot going down the road.

But whatever, do what you like, at least a cheap set of wheels on a Malibu will keep them from ending up on something more respectable.

EDIT: Suddenly, after that last thought, putting wheels on a Malibu sounds like a great idea. I take back everything I said and vote, "Yes" for cheap wheels on Malibus'.

Well, I guess my car would be a compact then, but by this definition it's a sport compact now. Even more once I get my wheels installed.

EDIT: Regardless, the fact is that a Civic can be made into a worthy track car, and is one of the best handling front wheel drive cars today, so putting a set of wheels on one is more justified than putting some on a Malibu.

Anything CAN be made to be a good car.

American car sizes are invalid to the rest of the world, they make huge cars.

A Malibu has no potential whatsoever in the performance category, unlike a civic, which a simple search in google car prove that is has, so putting wheels on a civic can make perfect sense. On the other hand, no matter what wheels you put on a Malibu, and this gets more extreme the cheaper the wheels are, you will look like a complete idiot going down the road.

But whatever, do what you like, at least a cheap set of wheels on a Malibu will keep them from ending up on something more respectable.

Anything is better than hubcaps

No potential whatsoever, that's a bit harsh. I could say the same for your little slowvic. Any car has the potential to be fast, it just depends on how much time and money you want to put into it. And don't say "I meant as a cheap track car" because you said, and i quote "A Malibu has no potential whatsoever in the performance category"

Just because a cheetah is fast, doesn't make a house cat fast. Yes they are the same kind of mammal, but the house cat will still be slow, no matter how hard it tries. C wat i did thar

Anything is better than hubcaps

No potential whatsoever, that's a bit harsh. I could say the same for your little slowvic. Any car has the potential to be fast, it just depends on how much time and money you want to put into it. And don't say "I meant as a cheap track car" because you said, and i quote "A Malibu has no potential whatsoever in the performance category"

Just because a cheetah is fast, doesn't make a house cat fast. Yes they are the same kind of mammal, but the house cat will still be slow, no matter how hard it tries. C wat i did thar
Ok, but the Malibu is a slow, clumsy elephant, but make it a little bigger than a house cat.

C wat i did thar?

The only thing is, the house cat would have to eventually succeed for this to be accurate, since a civic has potential.(again, try google if you don't believe me. It's a fact, I don't see how one can argue otherwise.)

Ok, but the Malibu is a slow, clumsy elephant, but make it a little bigger than a house cat.

C wat i did thar?

The only thing is, the house cat would have to eventually succeed for this to be accurate, since a civic has potential.(again, try google if you don't believe me. It's a fact, I don't see how one can argue otherwise.)

But that slow, clumsy house cat is a result of the other house cat moving into its once great territory and messing with it for years.

No, that house cat has never succeeded and never will. It's a shame really, all that effort, and bupkis. Some people stand behind that house cat, but it doesn't make a difference, just words really.

*searches google for "Prelude race car" and laughes at the lack of them, then searches for "Civic race car" and is pleased with the amount of Civics that a Prelude could never touch on a track.*

You know whats great, no matter how much faster a Civic might be than a Prelude at the end of the day due to less weight...the Prelude will ALWAYS look better than any Civic ricebox. PERIOD.

And you know I'm right, its not even a "IMO" thing. ;)

But.... its a Malibu.

Tell me, which one of these:

823a.jpg

ct200422710309706_2007521172715987-display.jpg

is more worthy of a set of these:

SWMGYSCAQ1T9O8IXD3.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------

On the size of the Malibu:

The Malibu was positioned as a Smaller Mid-Size car, as the Lumina was a Larger Mid-Size car.

Kinda like the Fusion and the 500/Taurus.

EDIT: Both of them are 2000 Model-Year sedans.

I'd say they are equally worthy of a set of rims, if thats what the owner of the car likes and wants. If I want to drop a set of 26" rims on my Prelude and call it a donk I can. If thats what I want. Granted in actuality I can't stand rims bigger than 18" personally--but if someone likes it whats so wrong with it?

A civic is a sport compact. Lightweight with a good chassis, and makes for a fun little track car if done right. A malibu is, well, a malibu, and nothing more.
Yes. Because everyone knows the only reason anyone puts wheels on cars is so they can have track days. So I understand perfectly why the car's ability to be a race car compared to another car is relevant. :rolleyes:
Perfect Balance

*searches google for "Prelude ricer" and is pleased at the lack of them, then searches for "Civic ricer" and laughs at the amount of Civics that are shown.*

JCE3000GT
You know whats great, no matter how much faster a Civic might be than a Prelude at the end of the day due to less weight...the Prelude will ALWAYS look better than any Civic ricebox. PERIOD.

He's totally right you know:
Prelude:
250px-%2783-%2787_Honda_Prelude.jpg

Civic:

250px-Two_mk1_honda_crx%27s.jpg

:P
JCE3000GT
If I want to drop a set of 26" rims on my Prelude and call it a donk I can.
Actually, you probably couldn't. You would probably break either the transmission or the front suspension, and the motor would probably have a hard time turning them regardless.

Its the principal of the thing. And I don't care what anyone says the 5th gen Prelude looks a billion times better than any Civic.

A "ricebox" civic wouldn't beat a prelude. Being faster than a prelude is part of what makes it un-rice.

Frankly I think the prelude looks ugly, and it is an opinion thing. More civic race cars than preludes is a fact that can be proven, and the answer is very obvious.

Yes. Because everyone knows the only reason anyone puts wheels on cars is so they can have track days. So I understand perfectly why the car's ability to be a race car compared to another car is relevant. :rolleyes:

*searches google for "Prelude ricer" and is pleased at the lack of them, then searches for "Civic ricer" and laughs at the amount of Civics that are shown.*

Civic rice is also plentiful, but no one said anything great about them. They do suck.

A "ricebox" civic wouldn't beat a prelude. Being faster than a prelude is part of what makes it un-rice.

I disagree, EVERY drag/race Civic I've EVER seen is rice to me. I respect a regular-ass Civic with simple bolt on performance parts (minus exhaust) more than some 600bhp Civic with rediculous spoilers, stickers, and body kits that make it look like they came from an Uncle Bens factory.

Frankly I think the prelude looks ugly, and it is an opinion thing.

While I respect your opinion, I disagree whole-heartedly.

More civic race cars than preludes is a fact that can be proven, and the answer is very obvious.

I was being fecious you know. Humor anyone?

Civic rice is also plentiful, but no one said anything great about them. They do suck.

This is why I hate Hondas and more-correctly Civics--and Integras for that matter. They are eternally ruined by ricers, period. I've seen maybe 3 "legitimately" good looking Civics and maybe 1 or 2 Integras.

Agreed. I just wish the prelude and del-sol were FR. That always pissed me off in GT2.

Agreed on the Prelude point. FR would of made it killer, but I think that the FF layout does have a certain appeal when the chassis is as solid as it is on the Prelude. The car handles rediculously good. I mean, honestly I don't think the Prelude NEEDS FR to be fun and cool. AWD maybe, but not FR.

I agree with this statement.

Frankly I think the prelude looks ugly, and it is an opinion thing. More civic race cars than preludes is a fact that can be proven, and the answer is very obvious.

I disagree with this statement.

Civics don't suck(Which I know you know). They're very good cars. Just not good for the purpose of visual modifications without a purpose.

EDIT: I forgot who I was replying to.

Back