Post pics of your PS3 setup!

• Thread starter DuckRacer
  • 351 comments
Duċk;2511769
...How can anyone have all those movies?!?
Unfortunately, that is but the tip of a very large iceberg...

I'm guessing those are the ones that haven't been properly stored yet.
Guilty as charged, but actually that mess is more of a reflection of the current state of affairs in my home theater, which is in the midst of being remodeled. In addition, my DVD collection is rather unwieldy and is spread over several rooms.. and large storage boxes.

That includes all my wife's movies that manage to come in pink boxes and smell like candy.
:lol: I know the feeling. I actually have set aside a separate area for all her "chick flicks" (truth be told though, I do like some of them). :sly:

But like that picture when I buy new ones they get stacked somewhere until I have time to sort them on my rack. But I also keep them in alphabetical order. It's the only way to find them.
I gave up trying to sort them alphabetically a very long time ago. Now I sort them by genres, and while that can sometimes be difficult, as most films have many different genres, there is usually one category that best fits the film. My wife and guests prefers having them organized this way as it makes it easy to browse for types of movies, rather than just a specific title.

I also use DVD Profiler to keep my collection organized. If you haven't heard of this program before, I strongly suggest you check it out! I have tried several different competing DVD and film database programs and this easily was the best for me. It is not only a great program for organizing your titles, but it gives very in depth information on each title as well as detailed stats about your collection.

Here is a list of my DVD collection (currently over 2,000 titles) . I know that seems like a lot, but not only have I been collecting DVDs since its rollout in 1997, but I also have a very broad interest in genres and styles of filmmaking. I prefer to own rather than rent, not just for the convenience of having the DVD readily available, but I have found that many superior DVD editions are not available for rent, and that when a title has multiple release editions, rental companies generally only offer the lesser quality edition.

I also really enjoy sharing my passion for film, so I am regularly lending out my DVDs to family and friends... at any given time I probably have at least 100 DVDs from my collection that are being lent out. I find it immensely rewarding to introduce someone to film or director that they may not have heard of before and it becomes one of their personal favorites (one of my current favorite titles to recommend is L4YER CAK3). I also hate the idea of DVDs just sitting on shelves and never getting played. :)

:drool:

That's all I have to say about that.

You have a very exquisite room btw. Did you hire a interior designer by any chance?

Ciao!

Guilty as charged, but actually that mess is more of a reflection of the current state of affairs in my home theater, which is in the midst of being remodeled. In addition, my DVD collection is rather unwieldy and is spread over several rooms.. and large storage boxes.

:lol: I know the feeling. I actually have set aside a separate area for all her "chick flicks" (truth be told though, I do like some of them). :sly:

I gave up trying to sort them alphabetically a very long time ago. Now I sort them by genres, and while that can sometimes be difficult, as most films have many different genres, there is usually one category that best fits the film. My wife and guests prefers having them organized this way as it makes it easy to browse for types of movies, rather than just a specific title.

I also use DVD Profiler to keep my collection organized. If you haven't heard of this program before, I strongly suggest you check it out! I have tried several different competing DVD and film database programs and this easily was the best for me. It is not only a great program for organizing your titles, but it gives very in depth information on each title as well as detailed stats about your collection.

Here is a list of my DVD collection (currently over 2,000 titles) . I know that seems like a lot, but not only have I been collecting DVDs since its rollout in 1997, but I also have a very broad interest in genres and styles of filmmaking. I prefer to own rather than rent, not just for the convenience of having the DVD readily available, but I have found that many superior DVD editions are not available for rent, and that when a title has multiple release editions, rental companies generally only offer the lesser quality edition.

I also really enjoy sharing my passion for film, so I am regularly lending out my DVDs to family and friends... at any given time I probably have at least 100 DVDs from my collection that are being lent out. I find it immensely rewarding to introduce someone to film or director that they may not have heard of before and it becomes one of their personal favorites (one of my current favorite titles to recommend is L4YER CAK3). I also hate the idea of DVDs just sitting on shelves and never getting played. :)

Holy crap. I think it'd be safe to say that you'd like this program a lot.

So I see.

I gave up trying to sort them alphabetically a very long time ago. Now I sort them by genres,
If I had that many I would go that route as well, but I am only in the hundreds and only have one four-shelf rack. If I had more room I woudl probably rearrange differently, but I don't.

I also use DVD Profiler to keep my collection organized. If you haven't heard of this program before, I strongly suggest you check it out!
Ironic. Just yesterday I was thinking of organizing a database in Excel. I may have to check this program out.

Here is a list of my DVD collection (currently over 2,000 titles) . I know that seems like a lot, but not only have I been collecting DVDs since its rollout in 1997,
Now you have to re-buy the whole lot in Blu-Ray and HD-DVD. :nervous:

I also hate the idea of DVDs just sitting on shelves and never getting played. :)
This sounds vaguely like me. I also say I will watch every movie once. You find a few gems that way.

I'm afraid to ask, but do you also have a love for books? I feel much the same about books. I am never finished with a good book. I have two bookshelves that will spill books on the floor if you bump them. I also have all my childhood books (Hardy Boys (I've got a clue :sly: ), Choose Your Own Adventure, etc) stored in the attic so I could free up space. Too much media, not enough space.

Digital-Nitrate
20061214_HT_01.jpg

Damn!

I get it now, you own a DVD store no?

Now you have to re-buy the whole lot in Blu-Ray and HD-DVD. :nervous:

There's a friend of mine who's a movie-industry lawyer. Coincidentally, he happens to be a rather intense movie buff. And being over 60 now, he's been buying movies for home use in one form or another for almost 30 years. I think he's got over 2,000 movies in LaserDisc alone. He doesn't keep a list, but has everything in alphabetical order, despite it filling up just about all the walls of his home office. That office also happens to contain a nice front projection system, which had to be modified for a drop-down screen (the wall was needed for more DVDs). I don't know how many movies he has in total, but given the size of his office (16x20, I think), it's probably ~10,000. According to him, that's not unusual among his peers.

wow, nice pics, I always like looking close up at the cases.... I didnt know it saying PS3 on the side in red like that, not sure if I like it all that much, Ive also noticed they have dropped the plain white and black type writing on the spine for developer led designs (like on every other console)... Does it say blue ray disk or Playstation 3 on the actual plastic or just on the printed cover? oh and are the cases still made by AMRAY? they really do nice DVD cases, very high quality... yes I know this is unhealthy! :lol:

Loving the region free rubbish and yet both have REGION 1 plastered all over them! Just hoping UK games work on an NTSC region PS3! fingers crossed!

Robin :)

Oh and as for the setup on the other page........ very nice stuff!! Im saving for a 32-40" Bravia and my PS3 but I dont have a nice place in my house to put them! will have to make room!

wow, nice pics, I always like looking close up at the cases.... I didnt know it saying PS3 on the side in red like that, not sure if I like it all that much, Ive also noticed they have dropped the plain white and black type writing on the spine for developer led designs (like on every other console)... Does it say blue ray disk or Playstation 3 on the actual plastic or just on the printed cover? oh and are the cases still made by AMRAY? they really do nice DVD cases, very high quality... yes I know this is unhealthy! :lol:

Loving the region free rubbish and yet both have REGION 1 plastered all over them! Just hoping UK games work on an NTSC region PS3! fingers crossed!

Robin :)

Oh and as for the setup on the other page........ very nice stuff!! Im saving for a 32-40" Bravia and my PS3 but I dont have a nice place in my house to put them! will have to make room!

Are you talking about the clear empty space on the top of the case? If so, there's a Blu-ray logo on the left edge and the PS3 logo filling up about the rest of it.

heres my setup

gameroomjpg2wq0.jpg

nice setup right there !👍

i noticed the xbox 360 aswell...2 next gen consoles...i couldnt live with 2...the decision which one i would like to play would be too big for me...so just waiting for ps3...

how many inch's your tv?:)

nice setup right there !👍

i noticed the xbox 360 aswell...2 next gen consoles...i couldnt live with 2...the decision which one i would like to play would be too big for me...so just waiting for ps3...

how many inch's your tv?:)

my tv is a 57" toshiba theaterwide hdtv
my 360 is running off 1 of the two hd ports and the ps3 is connected to the hdmi port. both systems and tv is set to 1080i. I wish my tv was 1080p compatible.:nervous: all i need is a good surround sound system.👍

Why does the ps3 look like it's not even there, whereas the 360 is a giant white eyesore?

Yeah. Unless we're talking about tablecloths or it was the last supper table or something.

my tv is a 57" toshiba theaterwide hdtv
my 360 is running off 1 of the two hd ports and the ps3 is connected to the hdmi port. both systems and tv is set to 1080i. I wish my tv was 1080p compatible.:nervous: all i need is a good surround sound system.👍
Get a Sound Projector surround sound, because there is not many cables involved and all of the sound bounces around the room, which means no need for extra speakers. However if you're really into Surround sound then you can get add on speakers for some Sound Projectors.

Hey I am new here, thought I would show off my system. I waited in line for 22 hours for a 20gb PS3, now 120gb. And here is my system, Sanyo PLV-Z2 720p projecor with DIY 92" Screen and DIY ceiling mount. I have the Yamaha rxv 730 receiver with 6.1 dts and dolby digital. Sound from Paradigm across the front and Wharfedale in the rear, with a Paradigm 12" sub that will rattle every window in the neighbors house, lol. GTHD is awesome on a 92" screen, just wish I could afford a 1080p projector, but they are a little out of my price range right now.

100_0168.jpg

100_0169.jpg

BTW I like the sony bravia, looks really nice!

Tim

Are you the same guy thats made those Ps3 videos showing off abackward comaptibity with Tekken 5, or the guy that show us how to use Linux. I say because I think those guys use projectors.

"just wish I could afford a 1080p projector" Are you in debt now with the curent setup :D its very impressive. at least its Wiimote proof.

Are you the same guy thats made those Ps3 videos showing off abackward comaptibity with Tekken 5, or the guy that show us how to use Linux. I say because I think those guys use projectors.

"just wish I could afford a 1080p projector" Are you in debt now with the curent setup :D its very impressive. at least its Wiimote proof.

No, I'm not either one of those guys, I do have linux running, but havn't found much use for it yet. My xbox running xbox media center does all my network video and audio great. I am a little behind because of x-mas, but I just can't see myself paying $4,000 for a 1080p projector, when I just got this one a year and a half ago for $1,050, including a free mitsubishi dvd player and a 50' set of compontent cables. When they come down to around $1,500 I will probably snatch one up, untill then I guess I will have to be satisfied with the 720p.:)

Tim

Back