Post some infos about your music instrument :)Music 

• Thread starter MugenVTEC
  • 69 comments
I though it would be great to start a thread like this, and no offense if there is one like this, but I didnt saw it at all.... :)

Well, I'm a guitarist, I play alot of Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and things like that. I'm better in riff playing (and creating) than in solo or songs variations.

My rig is a Jackson KV2 USA Series. For the one that dont know it, its a badass electric King V guitar that Dave Mustaine had since the start of Megadeth. Its black, with the JB/Jazz pickup combo that Dave Mustaine used (Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB in the NECK, Seymour Duncan SH-2N Jazz in the BRIDGE). I got a Rocktron Rampage Distortion pedal with it but no amplifiers cause I broke it like 2 months ago.

Heres a photo of a Jackson KV2 USA Series. Its not mine but its identical :)
JacksonKV2Big.jpg

And you, whats your instrument ???

Well I play guitar, but its a piece of crap electric though. You can see it in my avatar.

I play the latch gate. The kind you would have on your wooden fence in your backyard.
Two of my buddies were playin together in the backyard, guitar and drum, and I felt left out, so I started playin the gate, basically slappin the latch off the lock over and over, kind of making a tamborine (sp?) sound. Been playin it ever since. I'm releasing a CD this fall actually..."Gate Slappin Sounds to Get Your Groove On too"

SRV2LOW4ME
I play the latch gate. The kind you would have on your wooden fence in your backyard.
Two of my buddies were playin together in the backyard, guitar and drum, and I felt left out, so I started playin the gate, basically slappin the latch off the lock over and over, kind of making a tamborine (sp?) sound. Been playin it ever since. I'm releasing a CD this fall actually..."Gate Slappin Sounds to Get Your Groove On too"

Useless...

MugenVTEC
Useless...

Yes and no. I'm actually being serious about playing with them using the gate. Mostly Greenday stuff, since thats what they're into, but I have played along on more then one occassion.
Don't forget, not everyone started out with a 6 string guitar, i'm sure alot of drummers out there started playing on their moms pots and upside down empty buckets.
If the Blue Oyster Cult can say a cowbell is a musical instrument, then I can easily claim the gate to be mine.

Ok, I think everyone needs to just relax. I certainly wouldn't classify a latch gate as an instrument in the situation that was described. A cowbell is a totally different story. That is usually part of a percussion set INTENDED to be used as an intrument. Not a gate that simply happened to be close enough to the music production.

Anyway, just relax everyone...

First off, on the cowbell:

Very seriously, cowbell is a great instrument for live performance, because it cuts through *really well* for keeping tempo. If you're playing in a rock band, and you've got a section where everyone strays from the tempo, have the drummer switch to cowbell 4x4. Nobody will move from the beat. It sounds stupid, but my experience has been that it really works.

My instruments:

The instrument I'm most proficient on is the bass. I've got two, a fender p-bass lyte and a warwick corvette fretless.

I've also got a couple of guitars, including one that I built from a kit and finished with nitrocellulose lacquer-- the same stuff that they used back in the day, when finishes would rub off with wear.

The instrument I play most, though, is Propellerhead Reason. It's a virtual synth that runs on your PC or Mac. I've hit middle age, and with 2 kids I just don't have the time to play any more. Reason gives me a chance to write music in my home, with no time limits, no depending on other people, if I get a wild hair at 1am I can just write.

h0ss
My instruments:

The instrument I'm most proficient on is the bass. I've got two, a fender p-bass lyte and a warwick corvette fretless.

Yummy that sounds badass. A Fender and a fretless, why not combine both together and make a quality Fender fretless bass, that would be killer :)

MugenVTEC
The body looks like a Stratocaster. What is it ???
Its called a Robson, don't even know what the hell it is. Its alright for now. A while back I contemplating on getting a BC Rich, but thats still in question. I've always wanted a Gothic Les Paul though, anything flat black basically gets me excited!:drool:

I've got a Remo practice drum set that I turned into an eletronic set and a set of fiberglass congas. As you could guess, I'm into percussion. :)

Swift
I've got a Remo practice drum set that I turned into an eletronic set and a set of fiberglass congas. As you could guess, I'm into percussion. :)
Got any good drum beats we can use for the GTP Collaborative Project? We're still looking for something to trigger something.

ND4SPD
Its called a Robson, don't even know what the hell it is. Its alright for now. A while back I contemplating on getting a BC Rich, but thats still in question. I've always wanted a Gothic Les Paul though, anything flat black basically gets me excited!:drool:

You should get a Bich, they are not expansive and worth it. :)

I have an Ibanez RG750, bought new in 94 for about 900$, exactly like that one:

RED%20HEAD%201.JPG

Better image, except on that one the headstock is black:

53232.jpg

Love it, sounds great and it's quite versatile.

I also have a good old Roland ep-7, connected to the computer, along with an Evolution UC-16 midi controller, to play with Propellheheads Reason, mainly. Keyboard is fine for the job, although it lacks a pitch bend wheel.

Roland_EP-7_Digital_Midi_Piano_web.jpg

evolution_uc16_1.gif

I didn't spend much time playing with these lately though... :indiff:

h0ss
First off, on the cowbell:

Very seriously, cowbell is a great instrument for live performance, because it cuts through *really well* for keeping tempo. If you're playing in a rock band, and you've got a section where everyone strays from the tempo, have the drummer switch to cowbell 4x4. Nobody will move from the beat. It sounds stupid, but my experience has been that it really works.

My instruments:

I've also got a couple of guitars, including one that I built from a kit and finished with nitrocellulose lacquer-- the same stuff that they used back in the day, when finishes would rub off with wear.

The instrument I play most, though, is Propellerhead Reason. It's a virtual synth that runs on your PC or Mac. I've hit middle age, and with 2 kids I just don't have the time to play any more. Reason gives me a chance to write music in my home, with no time limits, no depending on other people, if I get a wild hair at 1am I can just write.

Right on! Another Warwick Fret-less Corvette Std owner. That makes two in the bunch so far. :)

I know I've posted this in other threads, but her goes...

Bass:
Fender Jazz American Std. 4-String
Warwick Corvette Std. 5-String Fret-less
Warwick Thumb Neck Through 6-String

Guitar:
Takamine Acoustic

Drums:
Pearl Drums (not sure of the model, the shells have been refinished) with various cymbols.

Utilize Protools, Propeller Head's Reason 2.0, and other softsynth programs.

Current G.A.S. includes a all valve state head, and a Engelhart ES-9 Upright Bass for live and recording. There is also a thought of getting a carved Bulgarian bass that's a 5-string, but the Engelhart's are a laminate bass providing less maintenance then the carved upright basses.

Pako
Right on! Another Warwick Fret-less Corvette Std owner. That makes two in the bunch so far. :)

I know I've posted this in other threads, but her goes...

Bass:
Fender Jazz American Std. 4-String
Warwick Corvette Std. 5-String Fret-less
Warwick Thumb Neck Through 6-String

Guitar:
Takamine Acoustic

Drums:
Pearl Drums (not sure of the model, the shells have been refinished) with various cymbols.

Current G.A.S. includes a all valve state head, and a Engelhart ES-9 Upright Bass for live and recording. There is also a thought of getting a carved Bulgarian bass that's a 5-string, but the Engelhart's are a laminate bass providing less maintenance then the carved upright basses.

Dammit, I hope you have a big house to put all that stuff in :scared: lol

Pako

Just found out about a neat plugin for Reason: Hammer Input

It allows you to directly connect any live sound input into reason and treat it as if it was a synth device / sampler. It's great, although using it with reason 2.5 or higher might give you better results, with the new distortion (Scream), reverb (RV7000) and vocoder (BV512) effect devices which are lightyears ahead of the standard reverb / distortion devices.

You can't record the input in reason though, but it's fun for live play, and that can replace a rather expensive set of guitar effect tools. There's a demo version on the site.

Solid Lifters
Got any good drum beats we can use for the GTP Collaborative Project? We're still looking for something to trigger something.

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

Pako, I thought you said you weren't into the drums? :sly:

MugenVTEC
Yummy that sounds badass. A Fender and a fretless, why not combine both together and make a quality Fender fretless bass, that would be killer :)

Because warwicks are killer on their own.

I've got a warwick corvette proline and the crappiest p-bass ever, a "team" bass.

I still need to look into a good amp and cabinet or combo. Don't have the cash or the time to look around or the need really.

xXSilencerXx
Right now I play this

A Kramer Focus 111S

But my Dad just order this yesterday for my B-day on the 8th.

Jackson is just the **** man. I hope you'll find it very nice. I'll never buy anything else than Jackson :)

ND4SPD

Funny you mention that, becuase I (well technically my bro) have a Gothic Les Paul, I play it more than my bro, started out about half a year ago. A freind of mine whos palyed guitar for aobut a year, and as far as im concerned, has the tone of god in his hands when it comes to music, is very envious to say the least. I jsut love it, its a dull black, rather than a shiny black, which i like, one piece body. And a roman numeral XII on the 12th fret. All black is too my likeing, but when i do get truly my own guitar, i might go for something different, cant always be jet black all over, makes you look like you are trying to hard IMO

edit- here is a picture of one identical to mine, although the twelth fret is not in white on mine, the XII is in a silverish color

Attachments

• gibson.JPG
    gibson.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 25
I don't really like those Gothic Les Pauls, more of a Heriatage Cherry Sunburst guy.

I have one of these:
nudeeko.jpg

Except the pickguard came off (it was my dad's guitar). Has a really nice finish to the wood too.

guitars.jpg

My Ibanez RG120 and GSR200. Not the rarest or most valuable guitars on the planet, but I still baby them :).

ernieball.jpg

My main axe.

Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss BCB-60 pedalboard
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion
MXR Phase 90
DigiTech Digidelay

also in my repitoire:
Martin D12XM 12-string acoustic
cheap "Encore" guitar I bought in England for the sole purpose of "Frankenstratting", i'll have pictures later.
Ibanez RG7321 7-string with Floyd Rose
Squier Standard Stratocaster

Since I' don't feel like making a completely new thread. I'll just bring back this old thread. Anyways, I just wanna say I'm getting a new guitar!! I've already put half of the price down and over the weekend or next week I'll put in the other half and bring her home! She's a Gloss Black Epiphone acoustic guitar! I'll take pics of it when I get her home! As for now, I can't stop thinking about her!

Back