Post Your Top Likes & Dislikes of Sony's PS3

I'm beginning to wonder whether the wireless problems are related to the router. I had absolutely no problem with it, regarding online play nor encryption settings.

I'm beginning to wonder whether the wireless problems are related to the router. I had absolutely no problem with it, regarding online play nor encryption settings.

Yeah it seems strangely random depending on your model of router... People seem to have no problems at all, or it inexplicably doesn't work. Sony couldn't help diagnose what was wrong either, they can't even provide a list a routers that the PS3 should be compatible with. Annoyingly, the PSP connects to my router just fine, nicely killing any logical troubleshooting concepts I could muster in my brain.

One thing I don't like about the PS3 is the music playback. Now put me right if I'm wrong but when you play music you can't do anything else on the XMB? I really don't get it. At the moment I've only "imported" one CD because I don't see the point at the moment.
I do like the video thumbnails. I have 7 videos now and you can watch the 15 second preview (which you can change) of all of them in a line. Looks neat. I do like the XMB design. Less clunky than the 360's "blades".
Folding@home is good too. Nice little bonus (yeah, it's not a game etc but it's just so elegently simple).

still annoyed about things that should have been done on this update like changing themes and better folder organization. but it's not really a big deal and I'm sure that they will be fixed soon

I've found that when playing music if you press the PS button you go back to the XMB whilst the music is playing and surf the web etc. So that's okay.👍
I do like being able to download PS3 game saves. I'm pretty sure you can't do that with the 360.
No real dislikes then, apart from better organisation of files. But I now know you can download stuff from the PS Store and play a demo at the same time.👍

Some people have said they like the design of the triggers, and those that do not may get upset if Sony comes out with a different controller and they are forced to replace theirs. Thus damned if they do, damned if they don't. Personally, I hope they change the design of the triggers, and add rumble. 👍

I've had my PS3 since just before Christmas. I have only played, very briefly, through some of the demos, several PS2 RPGs, and lots of GTHD using my DFP. I just bought my first title for the PS3....Oblivion, and it is the first game that I have actually used the R2 Button extensively. I found out immediately that I sincerely dislike the design of these new trigger buttons.

Another gripe that I have is the occasional loss of response from the controller, and especially the times when it simply just turns off for no apparent reason. I don't know if this a Bluetooth issue that everyone encounters, or if it is just a problem with my particular system.

I like having the triggers; I just wish they had made them with actual grip pads or lip of some kind to prevent your finger from accidentally slipping off.

As for the "Bluetooth issue that everyone encounters" from what I have seen, very few people are having this issue, certainly when you compare the number of individuals that say they have a problem to those that have not. I know I have never had the controller lose signal with the PS3, except when it has been idle for a long time, which is a nice feature that extends the battery life for those that forget to turn off their controllers when keeping their PS3's on, like those running Folding@Home.

Although i dont know for sure whether or not this is an issue with the bluetooth or not, Yesterday, i was playing oblivion, and i had it paused for a while, (maybe 45 min to an hour) and then i unpaused it, and lost all control, my character just started running forward, it wouldnt have been that bad, as i soon got back functionality, however, i was in oblivion and my character ran right into some lava and died! it sucked.

Back