PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 12,886 comments
I can tune the car myself with reasonable skill, it's pretty easy once you see the changes the tuners make to RWD, FWD, AWD platforms, trans, diff, etc. I'm not looking to get the last little bit out of every car, mostly just change the horrible understeer that PD adds to most every car.

Get yourself a spreadsheet and for every tune you implement, write down the changes made, the drivetrain, etc, and before long you won't need a tuner at all. It takes a bit of work, of course, doesn't everything? But it's not rocket science.
I do believe it is a good suggestion to document changes to a spreadsheet. I have learned quite a bit over the last year and have been able to modify a stock tuning or even take a Praiano tuning at 800pp and modify it to 650pp. But there have been multiple times where I have mentioned that I was able to modify one of his 800pp tunes successfully to something lower like 650pp. Which then inspired him to do the same thing. When he would post his version it would always outperform my version 100% of the time and shave off 1-3 seconds of lap time. This is why I have such high praise for his work.

I have found other tunings elsewhere on GTPlanet or on Youtube of a specific vehicle that outperform his tuning at the same PP. I'm not saying he is perfect either. For me, it is about consistent quality that goes along with a massive divide when it comes to quantity between him and the next guy.

Last edited:
Hi Praiano, I'm not a user who writes a lot, usually I'm a luker for lake of time.
Yesterday I'm back to GT7 (in VR) after months and your configurations help me to enjoy the game immidiately, without struggling too much with the changes al the game physics and works new tunings. The €5 (+ or - with VAT) are well deserved, I will subscribe to update my setups.

They fix the "Ghost in the machine" bug ... ok . They still have to fix the tire model or suspension model , i don't know exactly what's wrong.
It seems they fix the longitudinal lost of grip , like the crazy wheel spin out corner with powerfull cars pre 1.49. Ok.
The lateral grip also is now better in the certain way , the lost of grip is also more progressive.
But for some cars only , this model is totally broken , almost impossible to fix across any kind of settings. Suspension seems wobble , unstability , inducing too much grip at the front end , tires insanely overheated , consequently to much rotation . It mess a lot with your drivingline and it's really annoying.
I'll try to fix some cars but some others unfortunately will stay taking some dust in the garage . Let's have fun with the others cars that are majority :cheers:

I think i'm gonna let the dust settle a little over at PD and come back to this game in a month. Good to take a break anyway. THat way mr praiano has time to deal with the changes they make, in turn making HIS own changes, and then see how things are. I'm dLing the 1.50 now and gonna take an P- tuned 992 1.49 fixed tune and test it. hopefully its still good!
*I tested several PRE 1.49 tuned cars on some tracks. Man, idk but they fixed some things. The cars are no longer NEAR as bad. Maybe it was the selection i chose? Idk. Or the track. They felt a lil flighty still but much much more stable

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I’ve created a tune by using the one from the Nissan R32 GT-R V-Spec '94 (free on patreon) but this one is SWAP with R92CP Engine. Just one pit stop at Le Mans. I can reach 318 km/h in FM1 and 3:58 (with ps5 controller)

The setup is identical to the previously published one for the R32 GT-R ‘94 but with a new gearbox tune (to match the engine). I’m new to tuning so if Praiano can check the settings, maybe we could improve it even further. This could be a free tune on Patreon.

Attachments

• IMG_2001.jpeg
    IMG_2001.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1999.jpeg
    IMG_1999.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2002.jpeg
    IMG_2002.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
@praiano63 So with 1.50 did any of the revisions affect your tunes?

1.49 to 1.50 update.

So the 1.50 update is there , without correcting the littles physics things i thought they would fix. They only correct the weird events when some cars was jumping very high , like stepping over a mine.
The most important was to correct the sudden lost of rear end grip on certain cars , i keep try several time but there is no way using any settings availables to correct this bad behaviors. I could able to limit it but for some cars , they are almost impossible to drive with a kind of pleasure. They will sleep taking dust at the back of my garage unfortunately. The new Impreza '98 , or Audi TTS '09.... and some others are in this case. I'll try to save what could be saved. Sorry for this.

Praiano63 . Laurent.

Last edited:
If some of you are having problems then there has to be an underlying issue with the physics on some cars, over on the main forum they put it down to poor tuning,poor driving etc and generally deride people who report that they have an issue.
Some of them over there do have a blinkered view unfortunately. 🫱

Last edited:
Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Track - 1.50

Wide body car.

Rims size 19" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front A - Side St - Wing Custom

Good performance , superior grip , easy to lead , no bad behaviors. Tested on most of kind of circuit, my preference is Nordschleife where the car fit very well.

"Just buy and install engine tuning parts and weight réductions only if needed to build this or any other cars in my garage. I do this most of the time because i test the car with his maxed for configuration. Sometime it's not ok IMO and i detune till the level i want . I can't buy a new car or a new engine everytime. $$$ That's why."

Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07 1.jpg
Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07 2.jpg
Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07 3.jpg
Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07 4.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Hey praiano, i joined your patreon and have a question. Would it be possible to create some collections for pp classes? Like you already have it for car brands.Like a collection for 600pp, 700pp and so on. This would be more convenient for me and maybe others.
Greetings to brazil!
I second this, Maestro. I love the collections by brand. It would also be fantastic to have collections by performance points AND Gr.1,2,3,B, and maybe other helpful categories if you think of them, like 4WD or whatever. I’m sure this takes more time and effort, especially during this post-1.49 overhaul you’re working so hard with, but maybe eventually.
P.S. The new F1 GTR ‘97 tune is INSANE! I didn’t believe that car could be THIS GOOD! It’s So Fast and handles so well, now. Bravo!

I second this, Maestro. I love the collections by brand. It would also be fantastic to have collections by performance points AND Gr.1,2,3,B, and maybe other helpful categories if you think of them, like 4WD or whatever. I’m sure this takes more time and effort, especially during this post-1.49 overhaul you’re working so hard with, but maybe eventually.
P.S. The new F1 GTR ‘97 tune is INSANE! I didn’t believe that car could be THIS GOOD! It’s So Fast and handles so well, now. Bravo!
Is it really that hard to just look through what he's got.

Only need to use search button.

Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Track - 1.50

Wide body car.

Rims size 19" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front A - Side St - Wing Custom

Good performance , superior grip , easy to lead , no bad behaviors. Tested on most of kind of circuit, my preference is Nordschleife where the car fit very well.

"Just buy and install engine tuning parts and weight réductions only if needed to build this or any other cars in my garage. I do this most of the time because i test the car with his maxed for configuration. Sometime it's not ok IMO and i detune till the level i want . I can't buy a new car or a new engine everytime. $$$ That's why."

View attachment 1379092View attachment 1379093View attachment 1379094View attachment 1379095

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Nice tune. Did it without the permanent engine modes which led to higher torque but lower HP.

This car has one of the best default settings in the game IMO.
I do similar times in the ring with your tune and the default settings using RS tires.

Only thing I do is change to Front A or B and custom wing. On the settings I use default suspenstion, transmission and differential.
Adding Full ECU, racing filter,muffler and exhaust as well as racing brakes and pads. front downforce 175/rear 300. Total 699.87PP.

The default suspension makes the car slide a bit more but gives it personality and it's easily controllable so I believe it's more fun to drive that way. The top speed is higher with those settings which makes up to the bit it loses compared with your tune on the twisty parts.

In any case, this car is one of the rare cases where the default can be arguably as good as your tunes. It's great to compare for sure, your tunes always feel more stable/safer than the default ones.

Last edited:
Hey praiano, i joined your patreon and have a question. Would it be possible to create some collections for pp classes? Like you already have it for car brands.Like a collection for 600pp, 700pp and so on. This would be more convenient for me and maybe others.
Greetings to brazil!
Yes please! I was wondering the same thing

Ferrari F12 Berlinetta '12 - 800 PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Tracks - 1.50
Wide Body

Rims "20 - Rim width Wide - Offset Wide
Front A
Side A
Rear Wing : Custom

One of the best road car of the all game. Buy all the parts available , you even be able to build the 700PP car. Both are amazing top cars in their class and the feel is the same with of course a huge difference of power. Performance and great great driving pleasure. A lot of precision at the wheel , performant and rewarding for any kind of driver. From alien to begginer.
Ferrari F12 Berlinetta '12 800 1.jpg
Ferrari F12 Berlinetta '12 800 2.jpg
Ferrari F12 Berlinetta '12 800 3.jpg
Ferrari F12 Berlinetta '12 800 4.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

I figured I would help some of you out who may be newer here and update you with some general rules of thumb that you would discover if you went back and scoured through the 400+ pages of posts. Click each of the blurred parts below to reveal some tips and what to expect when looking for car tunings and/or making requests. After reading each section you can click to make it blurry again so it is easier to skim through.

- He will always look to tune the cars with a nice balance between grip and top speed. Often you may find other tunings with more power and top-end speed, but sacrifice too much grip.

- Tunings titled with Tokyo and Alsace you can expect that 99% of the time the tuning is for the WTC600 event at Tokyo and the Human Comedy Mission at Alsace. For Le Mans it is also very likely he is tuning for the WTC700 event. But for tracks like Nordschleife and Spa he will tune for driving pleasure as much as he will for any specific event. He also suggests trying those tunings in online lobbies because those are popular tracks online.

- He will tune the gearbox either for an all-around setting or for the specific track or event mentioned in the tune's title. But he suggests you learn to modify the gearbox for each track because with most vehicles you will see a boost in performance when you modify the 1st and last gears to match the track and its longest straight. Here is a video to help with adjusting the gearbox for each track. Praiano has recommended videos from Youtuber Doughtinator for tuning suggestions.

- Powerful FF cars tend to suffer from wheel spin and a loss of grip during acceleration. This is why you don't see him place a high priority on tuning FF cars.
*Recent tire model and physics changes may have improved this but I'm unsure and would defer to Praiano for his most recent thoughts on this.

- Search tips: Change the search dropdown from "Everywere" to "This Thread" and then type his username praiano63 in the field for "By Member" and try swapping out search keywords he uses often in the tuning description such as:
"amazing"
"pleasure"
"anywhere"
"performant"
"overdrive"
"swap"

If you are looking for Le Mans cars add "consumption" to your search.
For SPA , Nordschleife or Suzuka cars add "technical" to your search.

Update 1.31 featured a major physics change. If you can only find him tuning a car before update 1.31, it likely means he deems the car broken since then. Recent update 1.49 featured the biggest physics change since then. But it appears to have fixed a lot of problems and opened up more of those cars that have been broken since 1.31. However, a new batch of cars is undriveable so expect these 2 updates to be the biggest benchmarks in the timeline to pay attention to.

No need to search for cars for Dirt Events. His response to Dirt tuning requests have remained unchanged for a couple of years.
Sorry , no dirt settings , i don't drive this kind of events. I'm very bad on dirt.

Last edited:
"amazing"
"pleasure"
"anywhere"
"performant"
"overdrive"
"swap"
Don't forget the word "Fantastic" :lol: or "eagerness" :lol::lol:. You got me ! i'm unveiled now. This is the vocabulary i've learnt after spending + 15 years and learning english in GTPlanet. :gtplanet::gtpflag:. Last time , 50 years ago at school , i learned also the phrase"the book is on the table" but i never been able to put those words in any car's setups post till now.
Thank you for the kinds words my friend.

Last edited:
Don't forget the word "Fantastic" :lol: or "eagerness" :lol::lol:. You got me ! i'm unveiled now. This is the vocabulary i've learnt after spending + 15 years and learning english in GTPlanet. :gtplanet::gtpflag:. Last time , 50 years ago at school , i learned also the phrase"the book is on the table" but i never been able to put those words in any car's setups post till now.
Thank you for the kinds words my friend.
You should use that phrase! It works. Car and tune you really love - “the book is on the table” with this tune. It can be your phrase, I like it. And it has a cool backstory. It could become really popular. Every cool catch phrase has to start somewhere. You’re a great person Praiano, and I love and respect you sharing your life with us!!! Thankyou for all of your time. Never thought about the f12 until last night, what pure please to drive! Fantastic!

I do believe it is a good suggestion to document changes to a spreadsheet. I have learned quite a bit over the last year and have been able to modify a stock tuning or even take a Praiano tuning at 800pp and modify it to 650pp. But there have been multiple times where I have mentioned that I was able to modify one of his 800pp tunes successfully to something lower like 650pp. Which then inspired him to do the same thing. When he would post his version it would always outperform my version 100% of the time and shave off 1-3 seconds of lap time. This is why I have such high praise for his work.

I have found other tunings elsewhere on GTPlanet or on Youtube of a specific vehicle that outperform his tuning at the same PP. I'm not saying he is perfect either. For me, it is about consistent quality that goes along with a massive divide when it comes to quantity between him and the next guy.
I get that completely, and won't disagree. My issue is that it's rare that I need that kind of perfect tune to win the race. However, if I do need it, I know where to go, and I'm certainly willing to pay for it.

This may not have been the best time for me to switch from controller to my first ever racing wheel (Logitech G923.) It is hard to tell if my issues are with my pedal inputs or with 1.49/1.50 physics.

I finally understand the advantages of Bumper cam view. But I am still determined to only use that view to help build muscle memory to improve performance In VR view which is the Way of Life for me. But fingers crossed 🤞 the recent PSVR2 sale and increrased users triggers PD to finally add more HUD to VR view.

Latest Posts

Back