PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 12,914 comments
Hi Praiano, it's great to see your Patreon doing so well!

I've just realised I haven't finished all of the Human Comedy Races. I still need to do the Deep Forest (620PP), Alsace (460PP, pre 1979 & Comfort tyres), Red Bull Ring (Gr.3) and Maggiore (Gr.3).

Do you have any recommended tunes for these races since the last updates?

Thanks!

Hi Praiano, it's great to see your Patreon doing so well!

I've just realised I haven't finished all of the Human Comedy Races. I still need to do the Deep Forest (620PP), Alsace (460PP, pre 1979 & Comfort tyres), Red Bull Ring (Gr.3) and Maggiore (Gr.3).

Do you have any recommended tunes for these races since the last updates?

Thanks!
Alsace
Toyota Sports 800 '65 - 460PP - Alsace Mission Event - 1.45
Honda RA272 '65 - 460PP - Comfort Soft/Medium Tires - Alsace Mission -1.42

Deep Forest
Ferrari 458 Italia GR4 - 620PP - Racing Hard tires - Deep Forest - 1.31
For the Gr3 events i really don't remember what i'd used. Sorry.

Honda NSX '17- 600PP - Sport Hard tires - WTC 600 Tokyo Rain - 1.49

Laping 2:08.xxx regular , very fast +300kmh and nice handling.

Wide Body

Rims 20" 21" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front B - Side B - Wing CUSTOM

View attachment 1375824View attachment 1375825View attachment 1375826View attachment 1375827

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Even though I'm a fairly amateur driver, I was still confused as to why I had such a huge gap with this setup. It worked great at high rpm but was a disaster at low rpm. The car had almost no speed after leaving the long straight in Tokyo, and was more than 10 seconds behind in one lap.

Even though I'm a fairly amateur driver, I was still confused as to why I had such a huge gap with this setup. It worked great at high rpm but was a disaster at low rpm. The car had almost no speed after leaving the long straight in Tokyo, and was more than 10 seconds behind in one lap.
I don't understand what is the problem.
There is no reason to use this engine at low RPM. The power stay in the high RPM with a peak at 8300 rpm. The gearbox is setted to work in this range , between 7000 rpm for the retake and 8500 rpm at shifting moment for an optimum efficiency.

Experience on SPA between full and minimum Downforce front & rear.
- Downforce + more speed win over + Downforce - speed by 1 second on this track. I would like to know if real life experience would be the same result ?
For me , SPA wasn't a track favoring pure speed. There is a lot of turny sections, Le Mans ok , but i'd never thought SPA would give this result.

1723344375510.png

BMW M3 GT '11 Gr3 - FR - BOP - Racing Tires - All Track - 1.50

This is the first Gr3 serie i'll publish. I'm going to put a "Gr3 BOP" section in the "collections" close to "Home Page" button.

They'll race under BOP rules , only weight and power , but with full open settings. BOP is the only way to have a similar performance for all Gr3 cars race fairly.

Suspension , Differential , Downforce , Gearbox , brake balance only will be tunable.

You can adapt your car for a specific track setting your transmission and downforce only. I recomend that downforce setting be setted same value front and rear to keep the good balance.
Suspension , Differential are ok for any kind of track.

BMW M3 GT '11 1.jpeg
BMW M3 GT '11 2.jpeg
BMW M3 GT '11 3.jpeg
BMW M3 GT '11 4.jpeg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Experience on SPA between full and minimum Downforce front & rear.
- Downforce + more speed win over + Downforce - speed by 1 second on this track. I would like to know if real life experience would be the same result ?
For me , SPA wasn't a track favoring pure speed. There is a lot of turny sections, Le Mans ok , but i'd never thought SPA would give this result.

View attachment 1380015

Spa has several fast sectors:
-2 box straights
-Eau rouge-Radillon
-Kemmel
-Pouhon
-Blanchimont

For F1 cars is a medium-low downforce circuit.

I don't understand what is the problem.
There is no reason to use this engine at low RPM. The power stay in the high RPM with a peak at 8300 rpm. The gearbox is setted to work in this range , between 7000 rpm for the retake and 8500 rpm at shifting moment for an optimum efficiency.
Maybe my description has misled you. The acceleration performance of this tuning is very confusing to me. I can achieve a lap time of about 2:15 (when the road is still wet) with the same tuning, while the AI's lap time is around 2:10. The main problem is the section after the long straight. Once slowed down, the acceleration performance of this car is not really ideal that I can't catch up with the AI car at all.

Maybe my description has misled you. The acceleration performance of this tuning is very confusing to me. I can achieve a lap time of about 2:15 (when the road is still wet) with the same tuning, while the AI's lap time is around 2:10. The main problem is the section after the long straight. Once slowed down, the acceleration performance of this car is not really ideal that I can't catch up with the AI car at all.
You just need practice. I can lap 2:07 with this car when still wet conditions first 3 laps.

This might be answered, but how many cars have been updated to the new physics on patreon(and here) total as of now?
Also, Praiano, do you have like 3 or 5 ps5s and tvs? Cause WOW, the work involved in this would be mind numbing. Dude, you DESERVE a donation of a few consoles and games, controllers, accounts loaded with credits or something? idk. THanks in advance

This might be answered, but how many cars have been updated to the new physics on patreon(and here) total as of now?
Also, Praiano, do you have like 3 or 5 ps5s and tvs? Cause WOW, the work involved in this would be mind numbing. Dude, you DESERVE a donation of a few consoles and games, controllers, accounts loaded with credits or something? idk. THanks in advance
Almost 90 cars and counting.

Toyota Crown Athlete G '13 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - Le Mans - SWAP - 1.50

Engine SWAP 3UZ-FE-SC430 (Lexus SC430 GT500)

Wide car
Rims "18
Width wide
Offfset Wide
Front B - Side B - Rear A - Wing Custom

I've spent so much time on this car , around 3 days , coming on it again every day because was showing very weird behaviors , like wheel spin out corners even at high speed , passing over kerbs or any kind of strong driving inputs. This car let me mad sometime.
Finally , i've found the sweet spot , combining differential with a higher weight and rear diffuser.

It's just a medium performance c700PP on technical track but a superior car on Le Mans. Under 4 min lap easy.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240812180710.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240812180731.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240812180738.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240812180745.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Thank you for the tunes Praiano! I play GT7 pretty sporadically nowadays but with the new patch I wanted to check out how things are in Praiano's garage and subscribed to your Patreon. Not sure how many builds I'll end up using but the amount of things I've learned over the past few years while trying your tunes and reading your insights I wouldn't even mind if I happen to forget about the sub and let it run for a year. :) (Already happened with Eurosport and some other streaming subscriptions :lol:)

However, without wanting to stir the pot further, having read the last few pages I feel it's a bit disrespectful that certain individuals feel the world must know why the Patreon subscription does not represent value for money for them, especially in a thread dedicated to hours and hours of painstaking work that the gtplanet members and many others have had the pleasure to enjoy for years. Can't imagine doing that at the local supermarket let alone here. But enough has probably been said on the subject I'll leave it at that.

Anyway, thank you Praiano and keep up the good work!

VR
Thank you for the tunes Praiano! I play GT7 pretty sporadically nowadays but with the new patch I wanted to check out how things are in Praiano's garage and subscribed to your Patreon. Not sure how many builds I'll end up using but the amount of things I've learned over the past few years while trying your tunes and reading your insights I wouldn't even mind if I happen to forget about the sub and let it run for a year. :) (Already happened with Eurosport and some other streaming subscriptions :lol:)

However, without wanting to stir the pot further, having read the last few pages I feel it's a bit disrespectful that certain individuals feel the world must know why the Patreon subscription does not represent value for money for them, especially in a thread dedicated to hours and hours of painstaking work that the gtplanet members and many others have had the pleasure to enjoy for years. Can't imagine doing that at the local supermarket let alone here. But enough has probably been said on the subject I'll leave it at that.

Anyway, thank you Praiano and keep up the good work!
Thank you so much for your contribution. I really appreciate it. Tuning is the most fascinating thing to do in GT7 for me. I really enjoy doing this. When I finish a garage, I always hope that GT will change the physics to improve the game. Like destroying a house of cards and starting all over again. Thanks again for your help.
Laurent.
praiano63 ><((((((°>°°°°°

Hello Praiano. I love your tune is so much and you do helped me a lot since the game is published. I understand your contribution to the game is great. However, unfortunately, I am still not economic-independent which unable support you Patreon (I tried to talk with my parents but Asian parents are too stubborn).
So I would like to ask, will you publish the Patreon tunes for free, like after a month when you published/ next update so as to use delayed time or outdated PP tune (For updates with PP change) as a "cost". Thank you
I know it will be a lot of extra workload for there. So pls let me know what do you think about it. Thx a lot. Your tunes in GTPlanet are still awesome!

Hello Praiano. I love your tune is so much and you do helped me a lot since the game is published. I understand your contribution to the game is great. However, unfortunately, I am still not economic-independent which unable support you Patreon (I tried to talk with my parents but Asian parents are too stubborn).
So I would like to ask, will you publish the Patreon tunes for free, like after a month when you published/ next update so as to use delayed time or outdated PP tune (For updates with PP change) as a "cost". Thank you
I know it will be a lot of extra workload for there. So pls let me know what do you think about it. Thx a lot. Your tunes in GTPlanet are still awesome!
How old are you ?
You can be sure that all parents in the world want the best for their children. Even if they don't want their son or daughter to play GT7.
Tell me a single car you you would like to have from my garage and i'll send it to you by private message.
Have a good drive and send your parents a hello for me. ;)

Ferrari F12 Berlinetta '12 - 800 PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Tracks - 1.50
Wide Body

Rims "20 - Rim width Wide - Offset Wide
Front A
Side A
Rear Wing : Custom

One of the best road car of the all game. Buy all the parts available , you even be able to build the 700PP car. Both are amazing top cars in their class and the feel is the same with of course a huge difference of power. Performance and great great driving pleasure. A lot of precision at the wheel , performant and rewarding for any kind of driver. From alien to begginer.
Hello, I enjoy you're free tunes . And are very good.But I seem to maybe miss it with this one . The one problem to me is the back end is squirelly . Maybe I miss something in the tune . I will double check. One question , Do you do theses tunes with a wheel or a controller? Im pretty sure this might of been asked before, but thank you

Hello, I enjoy you're free tunes . And are very good.But I seem to maybe miss it with this one . The one problem to me is the back end is squirelly . Maybe I miss something in the tune . I will double check. One question , Do you do theses tunes with a wheel or a controller? Im pretty sure this might of been asked before, but thank you
He's got a DD pro that people bought him.

How old are you ?
You can be sure that all parents in the world want the best for their children. Even if they don't want their son or daughter to play GT7.
Tell me a single car you you would like to have from my garage and i'll send it to you by private message.
Have a good drive and send your parents a hello for me. ;)
Turned 18 this year... But my parents still don't wanna let me to be economy-independent.
I don't have any credit cards or e-payment method unfortunately.
I definitely gonna pay even double for your Patreon when I am able.
(Sounds ridiculous but that's Asian parents. No jokes or lie because this is the reality for me)

I just built this tune this morning, the 700pp one. Ran Ferrari Challenge Dragon Trail.

Driving to post-1.49 style, the car was both safe and fast. Braking in a straight line, trail brake towards the apex, turn the car, back on the power. I could definitely feel the extra weight at the rear of the car due to the ballast, but it never tried to get away from me. I'm a fairly smooth (maybe boring?) driver though. Easy win, passed lead car on lap 3. I will try 800pp tune when I get home from work.

I use a controller.

EDIT: Just ran the 800pp tune, at Trial Mountain Hypercar race. Dominant performance, no handling problems for me.

Last edited:
Mazda Roadstar NR-A (ND) '22 - 500 PP - Sport Hard Tires - All track - 1.48

Wide car
Rims 16" - Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front B - Side A - Rear B - Wing Custom

Top 500PP car , sub 8 minutes on Nordschleife. Very easy to drive fast and forgive the inputs driving mistakes . Perfect to race against the Toyota S-FR '15. Same pace.

View attachment 1362105View attachment 1362106View attachment 1362107View attachment 1362108

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
I just started with tuning and I’m following this guide but the set up of the transmission just isn’t the same as you have it. The rpm shows 7500 not 8000. How do I change that? I’ve went over everything so many times and I must be missing something. PP is 511.50 and max power is 220hp and not 237hp. Please help if you can. Thank you

I just started with tuning and I’m following this guide but the set up of the transmission just isn’t the same as you have it. The rpm shows 7500 not 8000. How do I change that? I’ve went over everything so many times and I must be missing something. PP is 511.50 and max power is 220hp and not 237hp. Please help if you can. Thank you
After 1.49 update , things change a lot for PP value and also for physics. Nothing matching anymore. Only the cars in the post 1 are updated , or in my patreon site of course.
When tuning road cars how do you determine whether to use sports tires with more power vs racing tires with less power?
Performance for a given track.
For example at 600PP on Tokyo event you'll have to use Sport hard to be able to add power . Long straight and top speed benefit power .
On track needing more grip like Nordschleife , same 600PP cars normally are more performant with Sport medium.
Lap time difference determine the best compound for any car on a given track.

Back