PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 12,884 comments
With so many other tunes available for free, it's a hard sell. I just clicked on one of his teases in another thread, and won't be clicking again. Make no mistake, Praiano is a master, but there are other tuners that produce tunes that are super similar for $0, so that's where I'll go. But by all means, I hope he gets paid for the time he's put in.
So many other tunes available ? I don't think so.
What you can see in my 1 st page post 2,3 and 5 are all outdated cars. After 1.49 only some GR3 and 4 are ok to be used this way but it can be improved a few. For the road cars mainly it's a mess.
Sure there is a some very good people doing wonderfull cars but a very small car collection. I don't know any who update 50 cars in 10 days like i did since 1.49. It's a big job and i'm spending around 10H / day or night. Providing cars in a short period of time turn this game playable in the best conditions for a lot of people who like my cars. Some like to help paying monthly USD 5.00 others not. It's a sandwich price. No problem , i'm still publishing a lot of free setups for lurkers only , no problem. I've spent 15 years here in GTP building a lot of cars for a lot of games with around 20 millions clicks or view.... for free.
I think it's fair. My kid is helping with this adventure , it's too much work for me only. If we can both buy a new bike or pay some bills that never stop coming in my mail box. I'll be happy.
Have a good night and a good drive.
><(((((°>°°°°°​

Hello, I'm Praiano63's son, it is an honor to be the son of special human being like him. and I'm trying to help him answer the thousands of messages and setup requests he has. My father had a health problem that made him unable to read and write well. It was not my intention to try to make you buy any product. I just arrived here on GTPlanet and while browsing I saw your post about the 98' Subaro rally car, which by chance my father tuned last night at the request of a fan and I shared it in your post.

I realized that you already know my father, thank you.

I know that he has been doing setups for over 15 years for free, generating many visits and clicks on this site without ever receiving a single cent. Thank God that there are fans who donate to him on Paypal, otherwise he would have to survive on 360/month.

I think it's very fair that he uses his legacy to try to be rewarded for his mastery and genius.

I'm going to advise him to only post setups of cars open to the public here on this forum, but it's up to him to decide, I just tried to help him.
I have been following You're father for the 15 years and I would like to say thank you for stepping up and helping him in this way, he must be so proud of you and that is 👌. My PSN is tjmashford, I will look forward to the future content. God bless

Last edited:
I have been following You're father for the 15 years and I would like to say thank you for stepping up and helping him in this way, he must be so proud of you and that is 👌. My PSN is tjmashford, I will look forward to the future content. God bless
Praiano63 and his kids

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-04 at 21.27.15.jpeg

:grumpy::):lol::lol::lol::lol:
We got a PlayStation 1 for Christmas from a good friend of my father in 1998 I think. This picture shows my father playing Gran Turismo 1 on the PS1, me and my brother angrily wanting to play too.

Last edited:
@praiano63 Well buddy I just signed up myself, I hope my donation helps you in any way. Love the tunes keep them coming makes gt7 much more enjoyable to us that doesn't have enough time to get into the fine-tuning. For anybody reading this I highly serious subscribe. This guy knows what he's doing. Whether you uses the tune as is, or as a base they're all really really good

Last edited:
Praiano63 and your children

View attachment 1378340
:grumpy::):lol::lol::lol::lol:
We got a PlayStation 1 for Christmas from a good friend of my father in 1998 I think. This picture shows my father playing Gran Turismo on the PS1, me and my brother angrily wanting to play too.
He is a legend, I lost my father last year. He was a mechanic and racing enthusiast, he is the reason why my hero as a child was Ayrton, he helped me tune cars in gran turismo 1 and explained why you can't drive a maxed mitsubishi gto twin turbo in a straight line without adjusting the gear ratio or suspension. I was only 10 years old, now I have the same opportunity with my kids. Xx

@praiano63 Well buddy I just signed up myself, I hope my donation helps you in any way. Love the tunes keep them coming makes gt7 much more enjoyable to us that doesn't have enough time to get into the fine-tuning. For anybody reading this I highly serious subscribe. This guy knows what he's doing. Whether you uses the tune as is, or as a base they're all really really good
Thanks a lot for your help.

He is a legend, I lost my father last year. He was a mechanic and racing enthusiast, he is the reason why my hero as a child was Ayrton, he helped me tune cars in gran turismo 1 and explained why you can't drive a maxed mitsubishi gto twin turbo in a straight line without adjusting the gear ratio or suspension. I was only 10 years old, now I have the same opportunity with my kids. Xx
I have a very similar photo somewhere, I will post it when I find it.

What settings are you using for your DD Pro after the new update?
Actually but i try some fine tune when time but i think i'm happy like this. Still searching , if you have some options , you can send me to try.

Wheel Settings
Sens 700
FF 85
FF Scale Peak
NAT DPR 50
NAT FRI 5
NAT INERT 5
FF INTERP OFF
FE INTENS 100
FOR EFFECT % 100
SPRING EFFECT % OFF
DPR EFFECT % 50

IN GAME FFB GT7 7-10

Dear Praiano63, I sent you a friend request as Ralph B. and in the message I wrote to you I sent you a screenshot of me winning Nurburgring Nordschleife in the car you said was impossible to tune, well I tuned it and I am able to win events using the Porsche 356 A/1500 GS GT Carrera Speedster '56. I am going to post the tune in this message so others can see that it's possible to tune this car and win using it.

Porsche 356 A/1500 GS GT Carrera Speedster '56 tune PP 591.15

Fuel consumption(FM) : Not applicable in this car
Tires : Intermediate Racing
Suspension-
Body Height Adjustment : front: 115 rear: 175
Anti-Roll Bar Front : 5 Rear : 6
Damping Ratio(Compression) Front : 25 Rear : 35
Damping Ratio(Expansion) Front : 40 Rear: 45
Natural Frequency Front : 1.60 Rear: 2.00
Negative Camber Angle Front : 2.0 Rear : 1.5
Toe Angle Front : Open : 0.08 Closed : 0.19

Differential

Initial Torque Front: 0 Rear : 5
Acceleration Sensitivity Front: 0 Rear : 15
Breaking Sensitivity Front : 0 Rear : 5

Downforce Front : 0 Rear : 0
ECU Output Adjustment : 100
Ballast : 0
Ballast Positioning : 0
Power Restrictor : 100

Transmission Top Speed : 180km/h
1st : 3.075 / 84
2nd : 2.137 / 121
3rd : 1.574 / 165
4th : 1.223 / 212
5th : 1.001/ 266
Final : 3.932
Front/Rear Break Balance 0

Supercharger: None
Turbocharger : None
Max Power :226BHP
591.15PP

Sidenotes: This car is unforgiving in turns if you mess up and slide into the corners you will spin out, every time. You have to think of your throttle as a light feather with this car, very slowly apply pressure to the throttle when speeding up or you will also spin out during rain in the ring. Do not bump into other cars or you will spin out, every time, this car is very advanced to drive it without spinning out or crashing, it will take some time to learn the timing of the breaks, it would be wise to apply the red break lines while driving this car in the beginning so you can learn when to apply the breaks. Unlike all other cars, I suggest you use intermediate racing tires with this car for the Porsche events because it usually rains and you can't control it with hard racing tires in the rain.
That the is no good. I've got one that's WAY better
Body height 120f 125r
Anti roll 6f 5r
Damping comp 25f 25r
Damping exp 45f 45r
Freq 2.7f 3.0r
Camber 2f 2r
Toe .01f .12r

Diff
Initial 5r
Accelerate 8r
Braking 8r

Ballast
75kg at -50

Do you have any advice for tuning 911s after the update?

I have a tune that I’ve tried to do inspired by Praiano tunes but it is absolutely undrivable. It feels like driving slicks in the rain - the car is absolutely desperate to spin. Nurburgring is torture because even the tiniest nudge from the AI or quarter of a wheel clipping the dirt and you’re doing a 720 spin.

IMG_5129.jpeg

IMG_5130.jpeg

IMG_5131.jpeg

I have it down-tuned for the 650pp races too and it’s just as bad there.

My Cayman Gr.4 and 911 Gr.3 are driving terribly post-update. My beloved Porsches are all betraying me!

Would greatly appreciate some advice!

Do you have any advice for tuning 911s after the update?

I have a tune that I’ve tried to do inspired by Praiano tunes but it is absolutely undrivable. It feels like driving slicks in the rain - the car is absolutely desperate to spin. Nurburgring is torture because even the tiniest nudge from the AI or quarter of a wheel clipping the dirt and you’re doing a 720 spin.

I have it down-tuned for the 650pp races too and it’s just as bad there.

My Cayman Gr.4 and 911 Gr.3 are driving terribly post-update. My beloved Porsches are all betraying me!

Would greatly appreciate some advice!
Try this . It's the same for the normal engine. This is the 700PP i'm working on. You can use it at 650PP , try to match the same weight and settings , use rear Standard part , no diffuser.

1722852211556.jpeg

Try this . It's the same for the normal engine. This is the 700PP i'm working on. You can use it at 650PP , try to match the same weight and settings , use rear Standard part , no diffuser.

View attachment 1378415
Ah yes that is SO much more stable, thank you!

The price is that it is now a little punishing if you take a corner a fraction too fast as it just won’t get round enough but it is much more pleasurable to drive.

I think for now, I will just hold-off driving any cars that you haven’t done updated tumes for yet! 😄

Another pay wall...
I personally cannot justify the price tag, as GT7 isn't my life, (I was mainly here for swap tunes), I play a variety of games with the limited time I do have.
I've paid 1 time outlays for things like interactive AssCreed maps, and wouldn't of been against a 1 time payment for access to all/some of your library of tunes, but i cannot justify £54 per year, especially when compared to accessing PS Plus for a year is £59.99.
I'll keep an eye out for free releases or may even kick this one down the line a get a month when there are more tunes added and do a mass update.
I am sure I am in the minority and I wish you well with your future endeavours, but it's a pass for me for now. Good Luck.

So many other tunes available ? I don't think so.
What you can see in my 1 st page post 2,3 and 5 are all outdated cars. After 1.49 only some GR3 and 4 are ok to be used this way but it can be improved a few. For the road cars mainly it's a mess.
Sure there is a some very good people doing wonderfull cars but a very small car collection. I don't know any who update 50 cars in 10 days like i did since 1.49. It's a big job and i'm spending around 10H / day or night. Providing cars in a short period of time turn this game playable in the best conditions for a lot of people who like my cars. Some like to help paying monthly USD 5.00 others not. It's a sandwich price. No problem , i'm still publishing a lot of free setups for lurkers only , no problem. I've spent 15 years here in GTP building a lot of cars for a lot of games with around 20 millions clicks or view.... for free.
I think it's fair. My kid is helping with this adventure , it's too much work for me only. If we can both buy a new bike or pay some bills that never stop coming in my mail box. I'll be happy.
Have a good night and a good drive.
><(((((°>°°°°°​
Only just found out about the Patreon and signed up straight away. Thoroughly deserved. Glad theres a way to say thank you for the work you have put through the years on this. Know that it is hugely appreciated

First of all thank you for all your settings !
I've been using your settings for a while now, and becoming a subscribed member of your patreon is the best way I can thank you.

Is a full update of Gr.3 and Gr.2 settings necessary? or is adjusting the power via ECU / ballast and power restrictor are enough ?
thanks again Maestro

Another pay wall...
I personally cannot justify the price tag, as GT7 isn't my life, (I was mainly here for swap tunes), I play a variety of games with the limited time I do have.
I've paid 1 time outlays for things like interactive AssCreed maps, and wouldn't of been against a 1 time payment for access to all/some of your library of tunes, but i cannot justify £54 per year, especially when compared to accessing PS Plus for a year is £59.99.
I'll keep an eye out for free releases or may even kick this one down the line a get a month when there are more tunes added and do a mass update.
I am sure I am in the minority and I wish you well with your future endeavours, but it's a pass for me for now. Good Luck.
This was my take on it but I dont think it went down too well.lol. i dont doubt his tunes are great but one size doesnt fit all when it comes to set ups. I wish him all the best in it, if people want to contribute thats really nice, no disrespect but its not for me.
I dont subscribe to ps plus as I dont always play on my ps5 so that would be a waste of money for me, no matter how small the cost. 🫱

There is no penalty or requirement to keep the subscription going on Patreon. It will be entirely possible for some of you to use the free tunings posted, wait a few months, and then subscribe one month out of the year for $5 and go and get all the tunings posted up until that point. You don't have to spend $60 a year.

Many months ago I looked into Aphasia after learning Praiano suffers from it and also learning of his age and approximate income. The fact that he continues to be the #1 resource of tunings (by a huge margin) when suffering from this condition has baffled me. I love that his son is helping him with this as he absolutely deserves to be rewarded for the 15 years of time that he has gifted to this community up until now. As someone who has a GT7 garage of over 650 cars, I can attest that the $5 a month is still a bargain deal for the value I will get from it.

Hello, I'm Praiano63's son, it is an honor to be the son of special human being like him. and I'm trying to help him answer the thousands of messages and setup requests he has. My father had a health problem that made him unable to read and write well. It was not my intention to try to make you buy any product. I just arrived here on GTPlanet and while browsing I saw your post about the 98' Subaro rally car, which by chance my father tuned last night at the request of a fan and I shared it in your post.

I realized that you already know my father, thank you.

I know that he has been doing setups for over 15 years for free, generating many visits and clicks on this site without ever receiving a single cent. Thank God that there are fans who donate to him on Paypal, otherwise he would have to survive on 360/month.

I think it's very fair that he uses his legacy to try to be rewarded for his mastery and genius.

I'm going to advise him to only post setups of cars open to the public here on this forum, but it's up to him to decide, I just tried to help him.
Man, with the world today this could be a total scam, one just never knows.

I certainly hope he gets better, godspeed to him.

So many other tunes available ? I don't think so. I don't know any who update 50 cars in 10 days like i did since 1.49.
><(((((°>°°°°°​
Hey man, I don't remember needing 50 tunes ever, and you certainly haven't made 50 for me.

If I asked you for a custom tune I'd be happy to pay for it, but that's about where it ends.

I thank you for your contribution, but I'm not using it enough to pay for it. For those that are, more power to them. And certainly I wish you luck in your endeavor, and with your health problems.

This was my take on it but I dont think it went down too well.lol. i dont doubt his tunes are great but one size doesnt fit all when it comes to set ups. I wish him all the best in it, if people want to contribute thats really nice, no disrespect but its not for me.
I dont subscribe to ps plus as I dont always play on my ps5 so that would be a waste of money for me, no matter how small the cost. 🫱
I bought the Sauber Mercedes but haven't driven it yet. Looks badass tho.

I doubt it. That glitch happened so long ago at this point that anyone still playing from then who were able to exploit it are surly not in desperate need of money at this point.

Hey man, I don't remember needing 50 tunes ever, and you certainly haven't made 50 for me.

If I asked you for a custom tune I'd be happy to pay for it, but that's about where it ends.

I thank you for your contribution, but I'm not using it enough to pay for it. For those that are, more power to them. And certainly I wish you luck in your endeavor, and with your health problems.

Fair enough guys.

Comes down to value end of the day.

I certainly derive value for the subscription fee to these tunes, as i do with other subs, such as youtube premium/yt music, disneyz netflix, amazon prine etc, that just make things 'easier'/provide enough value to warrant me paying each month. Plus little things as mentioned, such as Patreon image view being a little better than on this site.

I like the way a tuner who churns out so many tunes, covering most cars are all in one place, rather than hunting around trying to find a tune for each car... hoping exists/suits my style.

I must add I'm not a tuner. I've tried several times and find I get lost in all the settings, not really confident/sure of what I'm doing and overall effects. Just gives me a headache thinking of it tbh!! Decided I derived no satisfaction, more frustratration, and prefer to spend my minimal free time hotlapping/racing.

Guess it's similar to studying. My field is tech, and although the reems of information is out there ofor free on various sites, resources etc overall core of my study was based on polished, packaged resources such as books, video courses from trusted vendor's/authors.. filling in the blanks/uncertainties with Google searches when needed.

The value came from an expert with years in the field gathering, condensing and curating the information Into a polished, structured package for people like myself to consume.

Anyway, a bit of an ott example, but sure you get the idea, no doubt did already.

As with any product, it won't appeal to everyone, but as we can see already, there is a market for paying praiano for his tunes...

I think another way of looking at it, is to think of the time praiano spends not only tuning, but screenshotting and publishing posts for every tune. Just the admin part alone would be well into tens of hours I'd imagine now over the years. He's not obliged at all to put these into the public domain, and could just do as no doubt many others who are great tuners do and just keep them to themselves and spend their personal time doing other stuff.

That would be a real shame for many, who perhaps wouldnt be playing gt7 any more if not for his tunes.

Anyway, spiel over. Just some thoughts on it.

Last edited:
Man, with the world today this could be a total scam, one just never knows.

I certainly hope he gets better, godspeed to him.
Get whst yiure saying, but I don't think 'scam' is the right term here.

If you're saying part of the pitch/marketing approach is 'embellished' to get subs, that's different to scam.

Scam would be signing up to the sub, to find hardly any tunes or theyre all just total cr4p! :D. But that'd quickly become apparent to the community and he'd be ostracized!

There is no penalty or requirement to keep the subscription going on Patreon. It will be entirely possible for some of you to use the free tunings posted, wait a few months, and then subscribe one month out of the year for $5 and go and get all the tunings posted up until that point. You don't have to spend $60 a year.

Many months ago I looked into Aphasia after learning Praiano suffers from it and also learning of his age and approximate income. The fact that he continues to be the #1 resource of tunings (by a huge margin) when suffering from this condition has baffled me. I love that his son is helping him with this as he absolutely deserves to be rewarded for the 15 years of time that he has gifted to this community up until now. As someone who has a GT7 garage of over 650 cars, I can attest that the $5 a month is still a bargain deal for the value I will get from it.
This guy gets it. Its about supporting a community member who has been supporting us for years. Not everything has to be transactional.

Its strange how some people assume that everything on the internet should be free and feel the need to announce to the community that they refuse to pay for something, or don't see the value that someone else is putting 40+ hours a week into, drawing on 15 years of experience and passion.

Maybe a better approach is to just not subscribe to the paid tier.

No need to announce it to everyone.

Back