Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
Darn I wish PD would include this two in GT5P...

thumb

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/5701/gt5pro40rz2.jpg

149043.jpg

Future Damage on RACECARS Update am confirmed? *hides*

Neh, its too early for them, they still need to work on game more, and I want RACE CARS to be perfect :)
So i rather wait a year for race cars heaven

I always thought the Castrol Supra GT was kind of the signature race car of the Gran Turismo series as a whole. Not that bland-looking Castrol color scheme in GT Concept and also that certain model in GT4. Toyota's doing business with the Soarer in the Super GT series, so leave it to the Motul Pitwork Z to be sort of the premier race car for this package. That 350Z (which is an awesome race car) has basically become the big time race car for GT5. Perhaps the Tuned Cars will somewhat tide us over until we get some of the more proper race cars. On the other hand, I somehow imagine there MIGHT be downloadable content to allow more cars to be raced. One pack may even include race cars ranging from touring cars to grand touring cars to (maybe) prototypes.

Where was all of that leading to? It leads to what someone brought up. Someone said this game isn't really ready for race cars until the driving model and stuff are all worked out. You don't, however, want this to be like Enthusia in the case of a great driving model, but not much in the way of race cars. I think there are about 24 or so race cars in Enthusia apart from the 200+ cars in Enthusia. So you end up having about 20% of cars as race cars- not good if you want an even balance of street cars and race cars. I think this all needs to be worked out more as well. Some cars perform so well you WISH they were race cars. We'll still have to wait. I probably wouldn't even count out if PD decides to do Formula race cars again or even Indy-style cars. The details are still worked out, but at least we can imagine what race cars would be like with this package. I'm sure I'm not the only one that imagines a field full of sixteen race cars around the streets of London or on Daytona's road course.

I think if you want racecars, the tuned GT40 looks like the old White GT4 GT that was in the opening vid of GT4, and you get if you won the GT World Championship, but in black, it even has racing numbers!

Also you could pretend that the Tuned Honda S2000 is a GT3 race car with those big splitters and spoilers, but with the liverie taken off.

I think if you want racecars, the tuned GT40 looks like the old White GT4 GT that was in the opening vid of GT4, and you get if you won the GT World Championship, but in black, it even has racing numbers!

It did have racing numbers on it in GT4 if you mean that big "4" sticker on the front end and sides

I always thought the Castrol Supra GT was kind of the signature race car of the Gran Turismo series as a whole. Not that bland-looking Castrol color scheme in GT Concept and also that certain model in GT4. Toyota's doing business with the Soarer in the Super GT series, so leave it to the Motul Pitwork Z to be sort of the premier race car for this package. That 350Z (which is an awesome race car) has basically become the big time race car for GT5. Perhaps the Tuned Cars will somewhat tide us over until we get some of the more proper race cars. On the other hand, I somehow imagine there MIGHT be downloadable content to allow more cars to be raced. One pack may even include race cars ranging from touring cars to grand touring cars to (maybe) prototypes.

Where was all of that leading to? It leads to what someone brought up. Someone said this game isn't really ready for race cars until the driving model and stuff are all worked out. You don't, however, want this to be like Enthusia in the case of a great driving model, but not much in the way of race cars. I think there are about 24 or so race cars in Enthusia apart from the 200+ cars in Enthusia. So you end up having about 20% of cars as race cars- not good if you want an even balance of street cars and race cars. I think this all needs to be worked out more as well. Some cars perform so well you WISH they were race cars. We'll still have to wait. I probably wouldn't even count out if PD decides to do Formula race cars again or even Indy-style cars. The details are still worked out, but at least we can imagine what race cars would be like with this package. I'm sure I'm not the only one that imagines a field full of sixteen race cars around the streets of London or on Daytona's road course.

As a fellow journalist, i'm impressed at how much effort you put on each post. I agree with the Castrol Supra, it really "is" GT. Something is up with those racing cars. If Prologue is a beta test for the final game, we will, at some point, test those racing cars. They've shown some pictures of the 350Z and the lexus race car, but it's still uncertain when we will be able to see those. I can't wait to try the new physics with the racing cars. Something tells me they will feel much better, with less understearing and actually harder to control.

About the tuning aspects, remember when KY said that in GT5 each body part was modelled individually? Judging from the pics, it looks like its gonna be just like he told us: you can switch bumpers, engines, spoilers... sounds good, tuning is an important aspect of car culture. It doesn't have to be Need for Speed over the top, it has to be done "GT style".

As someone that bought the japanese version, i just hope they give us an update...

I'm hoping that Racecars are at least an update, but I don't mind the cars they have at present. I have witnessed two of my fantasies come true: Daytona and Ferrari and PD were even nice enough to throw in a spectaculer looking HSR with Tuner cars. I'm looking forward to it.

After seeing the tuned cars in the upcoming GT5P, I think it's a good indication of the direction the tuning mode is headed. It's nice not to see aero kits added to the cars but also to see different exhaust assets being shown. I have always hoped that PD would work with aftermarket tuners to model the parts they have. Items like exhaust systems, suspension, racing seats, etc, etc...would be awesome to see after adding any one of these parts to your car. I would love it if I was able to add HKS Kansai Service parts to an EVO 9 and actual recognize the parts in-game. And after seeing interior pics with the Key's Racing wheel I'm very hopeful for what PD as in store for us with the full ver of GT5.

I always thought the Castrol Supra GT was kind of the signature race car of the Gran Turismo series as a whole. Not that bland-looking Castrol color scheme in GT Concept and also that certain model in GT4.

Even from the times of the first GT game, Castrol Supra cars were among the best cars. Both with looks and driving.

Some older members maybe even remember 2 black Castrol cars from the first GT game - white car was "original" - with green and with blue "Castrol" stripe on top of red one on black chasis.

All racing-Supras (except those two black ones from the first GT) were pretty much licenced from JGTC championship, as well as the "bland-looking" Castrol Supra you're reffering to. Some will even criticize Woodone Castrol scheme seen in GT4:P and GT4, but it all comes down to personal preferences.

Not to even mention black Cerumo One Supra from GT2, which was on my Top 3 carlist of GT2 - and there were so much cars to love there :)

Some older members maybe even remember 2 black Castrol cars from the first GT game - white car was "original" - with green and with blue "Castrol" stripe on top of red one on black chasis.

Some will even criticize Woodone Castrol scheme seen in GT4:P and GT4, but it all comes down to personal preferences.

Indeed i do remember the black Castrol Supra from GT. Lovely car that!

Of all the millions of other supras, the Denso Sard is a personal favourite. Purely because a mate of mine worked for Denso for a bit.

Indeed i do remember the black Castrol Supra from GT. Lovely car that!

Of all the millions of other supras, the Denso Sard is a personal favourite. Purely because a mate of mine worked for Denso for a bit.

oh yeah. that supra togheter with the Unisia Jecs GTR and the silhouette R30 were my favorite GT2 cars

found it on gaf, it's from n4g, no more infos whatsoever... I WANT MOAR!!!11ONE :!D

Where's that pic from? :drool:

Neogaf, someone posted it there - originaly from www.n4g.com, but inside their media library or such sice they have nothing on public site yet. EDITED: As Alba said above :D

BTW I have a small announcement - there is a somewhat great surprise heading this afternoon, look for this thread around 18:00 CET

Neogaf, someone posted it there - originaly from www.n4g.com, but inside their media library or such sice they have nothing on public site yet. EDITED: As Alba said above :D

BTW I have a small announcement - there is a somewhat great surprise heading this afternoon, look for this thread around 18:00 CET

we will..!!!:nervous:

That's got to be 'shopped surely... That's even smoother than any other GT5P shot i've seen yet!

Now i'm intrigued.... there've been no new releases on the SCEE Press site or any other today... *scratches noggin.... See you at 6CET, 5PM UK

At each store, the fastest driver over two laps through the streets of Central London will win a PLAYSTATION®3, acopy of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and other prizes. In addition, the fastest three regional winners will be invited to compete against each other and be crowned the GT5 Prologue UK Champion as part of an exclusive launch event in London on 27th March 2008. Anyone taking part will also be entered into a special prize draw.

See you at the start line…

Regions
Region 1 - Gamestation Edinburgh
Region 2 - HMV Edinburgh
Region 3 - Zavvi Glasgow
Region 4 - Currys.digital Birmingham
Region 5 - Blockbuster Welling
Region 6 - GAME Notthingham
Region 7 - HMV London
Region 8 - Zavvi London
Region 9 - HMV Manchester
Region 10 - Zavvi Manchester
Region 11 - HMV Leeds

Prizes on offer include:
GT5 Prologue and PLAYSTATION®3 bundle
GT5 branded racing helmets
GT branded Nike trainers and case
GT5 Hoodies
GT5 Keyrings
…and a Top Prize to be confirmed at the final.

Are you freaking kidding me? That's a spectacular promotion, can't imagine them doing this in the US, not even for the full GT5. It's hard to express how much I want one of those helmets.

How much for a plane ticket to the UK?:sly:

AMAR1212, post 3109, your killing me here!

I can't wait that long!:nervous:

AARRGGGH *Heart attack*

Wait a minute, what's CET? (Sorry if it's a stupid question)

I can imagine what to expect with a great surprise, something at least in the order of damage, private online rooms, etc...
But a somewhat great surprise, it boggles the mind. :sly:

Btw, CET means Central European Time (Berlin, Amsterdam, Paris)

About the tuning aspects, remember when KY said that in GT5 each body part was modelled individually? Judging from the pics, it looks like its gonna be just like he told us: you can switch bumpers, engines, spoilers... sounds good, tuning is an important aspect of car culture. It doesn't have to be Need for Speed over the top, it has to be done "GT style".

I agree, and I do know Body kits will be in GT5, if not its going to be a patch/add on later on :)

To prove it, take a look at this picture
Before and after

Suzuki%20Cappuccino%20'95%2073Front-thumb.jpg

3155.jpg

Anyone can remeber first Pics of this car when GT HD came out, Now it has a different body kit and other little aspects. SO yeah Body kits, here we come!

I don' think so. If you look at the upper right of the picture it says "Concept by GT"
I don't really know where I'm going with this but uuh... I just don't think so... But I hope!

Back