Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
Glad to see the interior.
Sad to see a "could" in relation to 2008 release (should be a will release in 2008).
Happy to see Oct. GT5P release growing more and more solid.
Suprised to see 24hr Ring video on PD's site... Makes me wonder if they are going to try to deliver on the feeling of that video. :confused:
I'd hate to see them post something like that and ignore how many privateer racecars were mixed in with night time footage and a full Nurburgring (although I'd really like to have all three combos of possible ring tracks).

Btw, that game looks to me like a PC game, maybe one of the popular ones like Rfactor, Liveforspeed, or GTL. :confused:

Also, did anyone notice the rabbit in that GT site's Nurburgring video?

Last thing... :lol:
It looks like an incredible number of the cars in that 24hrs Ring vid were wearing Gran Turismo decals.

Wait, that's not it... I was looking at hte GT site and noticed them talking about the LF-A (Lexus IS based tuner). 👍
Not sure what it was about since I don't have anything to replace the squares displayed. :ouch:

Wow! Gotta say that if PD can really make the cockpit view a reality in GT5, and make it as close to the screenshot provided, the game is really going to kick some 'major butt'.

I also like the new Lexus SC430 race car...and I think I almost creamed my pants when I saw the screen shot of the race prepped Ferrari 430! MAN that would be cool to drive around Le Sarthe! ;-)

Also, did anyone notice the rabbit in that GT site's Nurburgring video?
I actually have/had a video somewhere of a rabbit getting hit in a race. It turns into a cloud of red mist and the fender of the car goes flying. I'll see if I can find it later on.

There have been many unfortunate "encounters" between animals and race cars, even ones involving deer... and tragically even involving people, like the tragic crash that killed legendary driver Tom Pryce and a fire marshal during the '77 South African Grand Prix.

But I'm going to be really pissed if PD doesn't include ants! :ouch:

But I'm going to be really pissed if PD doesn't include ants! :ouch:

Well you know what this calls for don't you.

An internet petition, no one buys GT5 unless they promise to include the ants, I mean now we have had the mention of them they have to be in, its like PD promised them.

:)

Scaff

Yes, ants are definitely a must!

But I have been disappointed in the past when PD has promised ants of the Cerapachyinae subfamily, when closer inspection has revealed that, in fact, the ants were clearer closer to Heteroponerinae subfamily, with certain (inappropriate) characteristics of the Leptanillinae.

Is it really too much to expect that with this, the 5th re-iteration of GT, PD will actually get their ants right? :grumpy:

Yes, ants are definitely a must!

But I have been disappointed in the past when PD has promised ants of the Cerapachyinae subfamily, when closer inspection has revealed that, in fact, the ants were clearer closer to Heteroponerinae subfamily, with certain (inappropriate) characteristics of the Leptanillinae.

Is it really too much to expect that with this, the 5th re-iteration of GT, PD will actually get their ants right? :grumpy:

gotta love wikipedia :)

Seriously anybody know what game that is? I have GTR2 and it doesn't have that much detail in the models (I play at 1440x900 resolution, with 60fps and 4 levels of AA, it's not that challenging of a game).

It's GTR-2 or RFactor, both can be made to look that good with the right effects on and the right lighting in the photo's.

It's GTR-2 or RFactor, both can be made to look that good with the right effects on and the right lighting in the photo's.

Ok, probably a custom mod for rFactor with insane polys then.

GTR2 does look good at maximum settings (just a bit worse than what we're seeing for GT5) but has a low poly count for the cars.

Imagine looking to the left and right using the d-pad on the DFP :) it works in GT4, so it'll be fun looking at your opponent through the window (actually, now that I think about it, you can do it in GTR2 too). :)

This reminds me of a photo of Heavenly Sword. The photo had ultra detail in the main character's face, etc etc but the only thing a certain member noticed was that the rocks were slightly jagged instead of round.

It's that kind of thinking that stumps me.

Instead of praising GT5 for displaying 16 extremely detailed cars in 1080p at 60FPS they want to complain about grass and road textures.

I've said it a thousand times, but I'm sure these people don't go back to the early days of gaming. They haven't seen where we've come from. They're 'spoiled' to a point

Back on topic, the incar view of the Ferrari is excellent. It's hard to see the instrument panel because of the photo, I'm sure the real thing is much brighter. Also the in car view gives you an excellent wide view of the road. It's all that I hoped for

EDIT: btw, GT5 looks much better than those pics

For those who have GT4:P, the crews congrat you at the end of the challenge are CGI but the car isn't. However with PS3 power, I don't think PD would pre-render anything anymore. I hope the GT5P would be somewhat similar to GT4P, but makes it harder to unlock all the cars.

Anyway I prefer Houzan SC430 over Bandai SC430 ... 👍
07t001mcit8.jpg

Ok, probably a custom mod for rFactor with insane polys then.

GTR2 does look good at maximum settings (just a bit worse than what we're seeing for GT5) but has a low poly count for the cars.

Imagine looking to the left and right using the d-pad on the DFP :) it works in GT4, so it'll be fun looking at your opponent through the window (actually, now that I think about it, you can do it in GTR2 too). :)
It's GTR, thoes SEATS are the givaway, you can download GTR2 to run in RFactor, but thoes liveries are from a SEAT challenge mod for GTR2. Btw, thoes cars arn't stupidly high poly count models either, the textures are just sharp and the AA is high. The combined with a well taken shots (angles and lighting) account for the pictures looking so good. Plus the fact that they are downsized, they were probably taken at two or three times the res they are displayed at on here.

One thing I find very upsetting is where PD and Kaz are deciding to releae info on GT5:P

My guess is that America and Europe make up 66% of Gran Turismo sales.

Yet at the biggest gaming convention in the western world (E3) all we get is a 60 second teaser that shows little to nothing.

1 week later at some obscure Japanese (video game?) convention PD and Kaz show off a longer, better trailer showcasing GT5:P. The Japanese Gran Turismo site has a ton of information on GT5:P. Kaz is giving interviews to Japanese magazines about GT5:P. He says October release date, which really means October Japan and December or later for the west

What does the other 66% of GT's fanbase get? Nothing. Just outdated websites (The english GT website is still all GT4) poorly translated articles and muddy pictures.

We really need a decent, up to date GT website. We also want all the latest news translated into English, and high resolution pictures and videos without having to stumble through a Japanese site.

The point is, the majority of GT's audience and fanbase is English speaking from the Western world. PD doesn't pay attention to this or doesn't care....where is that PD petition...

It's GTR, thoes SEATS are the givaway, you can download GTR2 to run in RFactor, but thoes liveries are from a SEAT challenge mod for GTR2. Btw, thoes cars arn't stupidly high poly count models either, the textures are just sharp and the AA is high. The combined with a well taken shots (angles and lighting) account for the pictures looking so good. Plus the fact that they are downsized, they were probably taken at two or three times the res they are displayed at on here.

Yeah probably would look worse with metallic shaders instead of car liveries.

One thing I find very upsetting is where PD and Kaz are deciding to releae info on GT5:P

My guess is that America and Europe make up 66% of Gran Turismo sales.

Yet at the biggest gaming convention in the western world (E3) all we get is a 60 second teaser that shows little to nothing.

1 week later at some obscure Japanese (video game?) convention PD and Kaz show off a longer, better trailer showcasing GT5:P. The Japanese Gran Turismo site has a ton of information on GT5:P. Kaz is giving interviews to Japanese magazines about GT5:P. He says October release date, which really means October Japan and December or later for the west

What does the other 66% of GT's fanbase get? Nothing. Just outdated websites (The english GT website is still all GT4) poorly translated articles and muddy pictures.

We really need a decent, up to date GT website. We also want all the latest news translated into English, and high resolution pictures and videos without having to stumble through a Japanese site.

The point is, the majority of GT's audience and fanbase is English speaking from the Western world. PD doesn't pay attention to this or doesn't care....where is that PD petition...

Maybe because they're japanese? There are cultural and language differences obviously...

I guess it's just me, but there's one big flaw with this GT5: prolouge.
16 cars at once....very nice and about time.
2 LAP race? They're just kidding right?
That's just about a warm up.
I hope there is a lap setup/race option.

I guess it's just me, but there's one big flaw with this GT5: prolouge.
16 cars at once....very nice and about time.
2 LAP race? They're just kidding right?
That's just about a warm up.
I hope there is a lap setup/race option.
lol! you think all races in GT5 will be 2 laps???

He's talking about GT5-P I am guessing, and I am pretty sure even in GT5-P it wont be just 2 laps lol.. Although I really don't know to be honest. But that would mean PD has lost it! :D

BTW, just speculating, do u think TireWear and Fuel Consumption will be implimented in GT5-P ? (I have played GT-HD just once and I didnt pay attention to this, coz I was busy observing the graphics, but is there tirewear or tire-temperature change in GT-HD?)

2 laps is the default setting for Arcade races, and is ideal for public demos, to give more people a chance to play. I'm sure it will be adjustable, it always has been.

i dunno, 2 laps may be just the default for arcade, but after youve completed all the events in gt mode, and just wanna test out some cars with some friendly competition, the 2 laps alloted for sunday cup races arent enough. adjustable settings plz.

Yeah Jedi2016 i hadn't thought demo only until after i posted.
As for what i was thinking Putte, i meant in general GT mode and not Arcade.
The beginner mode races were always 2-3 laps and so was the family cup races. That's of course IF there even are the beginner/pro/etc modes in the Prolouge and finally GT5.

I
The problem with showing the real gauges and eliminating the in-game gauges is that many race cars do NOT have speedometers. I remember at my first American Le Mans race they had a few GT class cars sitting out and you could lean in and check out the interiors. I had to laugh when I saw no speedometer but three extra oil pressure gauges. I've even watched a few races where they discussed how in pit lane drivers use their tach to judge the pit speed (if they don't use a limiter) because they lack a speedometer.

I personally could drive in GT without a speedometer because I rarely check it since getting my DFP. I just tend to judge by gear and feel. However when I was using a DS2 I needed that gauge as I couldn't feel the car. Also, judging by write-ups a lot of people use speed to determine their proper approach to turns.

Plus, judging by the way the light is coming in from the side it could just be the angle of the light. And how awesome is that angled light effect?

I just think if they could give me the option to take the shading of the light effect off in the game it would be good....In real life my instrument cluster is never shadowed to the point of being too dark to read .....just a suggestion

There is actually just one option needed - that you can select "wheel and hands" ON or OFF if playing with the wheel.

Gauges and other stuff ON/OFF is laso welcomed, but above would make the overall experience more "real" in case of wheel-usage. And BTW I expect that this time we'll finaly get a chance to configure the hood as we like..

picklesam: WHAT GAME IS THAT?

That looks amazing...

hi mate, rfactor and gtr2 for the pc...but it's unrealistic for me to expect GT5 to be graphically perfect since the car models and lighting is most impressive..but then again i'm a graphics whore!

I just think if they could give me the option to take the shading of the light effect off in the game it would be good....In real life my instrument cluster is never shadowed to the point of being too dark to read .....just a suggestion
Well, I was really responding to the idea of turning off the HUD and using the actual instrument cluster. That may be a nice option, but some people may find they prefer the HUD.

I agree that if we have in-car views that it should have fully viewable instrument clusters. It would be kind of pointless otherwise. I think you can see everything in the first video they released. I'd have to double check that though. So this could just be a case of a screen shot of a video put online and viewed through a Web browser. I know screenshots always seem darker than the game itself really is.

Honestly, we should all know by now that until you have the game playing on your system you cannot assume anything you see will be exactly what it looks like.

Thanks for alieviating some of the anxiety over the incar veiw gents......now....do i buy PS3 & gt5 p this xmas, or , is 1 year too long to wait for GT5 & PS3????? Dam you evil thing called money!

Thanks for alieviating some of the anxiety over the incar veiw gents......now....do i buy PS3 & gt5 p this xmas, or , is 1 year too long to wait for GT5 & PS3????? Dam you evil thing called money!
If the money issue does not compromise other, more important things then I say get your PS3 now with the lower price. You'll find there is so much more than just GT. I was waiting for GT5 but got impatient and had the ability to buy one so I did. Without having bought a game on disc I felt it was worth it.

But if money is tight I suggest finding a way to make some extra or waiting.

i'm waiting until gt5 comes out to buy a ps3, i'm betting it'll be cheaper by then and prologue to me means 'demo'...i bought gt4 prologue but felt ripped off..

Back