Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
incar view:)

149041.jpg

Major 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

Also on Response site:

new Lexus SC430 Super GT Bandai Dunlop:

149043.jpg

F430 Pre-Race prep:

149040.jpg

The text on the Response web says Kaz announced Prologue will feature around 40 cars and that game could come out earlier then Tokyo Motor Show. He hinted 20th October as posssibility. What remains intresting is mentioning "game release day" - which sill raises questions of wether the GT5: Prologue will be download via PSN or stand-alone BR-disc-game. Nothing answered though.

Kaz said that GT5 could come out "during next year" and he even mentioned PSP game could be done after GT5 is finished.

Original link: http://response.jp/issue/2007/0723/article97205_1.html

^I second that!!!! I hope they figure a way out for us to view the original guages whiles driving in this veiw because it seems for the sake of shadowing the instrument cluster is to dark to read.

A very realistic predicament don't you think? ;) Plus that's what the RPM bar and digital speedometer readout are for.

The text on the Response web says Kaz announced Prologue will feature around 40 cars and that game could come out earlier then Tokyo Motor Show. He hinted 20th October as posssibility. What remains intresting is mentioning "game release day" - which sill raises questions of wether the GT5: Prologue will be download via PSN or stand-alone BR-disc-game. Nothing answered though.

Kaz said that GT5 could come out "during next year" and he even mentioned PSP game could be done after GT5 is finished.

Original link: http://response.jp/issue/2007/0723/article97205_1.html

Nice find you two!

About the release, the website was saying that games usually go out on sale on Thursday in Japan, and since the Tokyo Show opens on a Friday, it could come out earlier.

I don't know about you guys, but 40 cars will be plenty enough for me!

They get the physics to be non-gt4 like and I'll be that much happier about having a worthless PS3 lying around.

It's the only hurdle and the most important one...

^^hi guys, of course textures are going to look good if viewed from above, but if the texture is not perpendicular to the viewer you lose heaps of detail...compare the above pic to this:

4qd2tr6.jpg

you can clearly see where the texture map 'repeats' itself on the asphalt and the detail shown in sheruken's pic is not present...needs more anisotropic filtering perhaps? i guess i'm just used to PC racing where i crank up the anisotropic setting...

and he even mentioned PSP game could be done after GT5 is finished.
I know, release a GT2 PSOne game in the Classic Games section of the PSN Store. Or find a way to make Remote Play work with GT5.

^I second that!!!! I hope they figure a way out for us to view the original guages whiles driving in this veiw because it seems for the sake of shadowing the instrument cluster is to dark to read.
A very realistic predicament don't you think? ;) Plus that's what the RPM bar and digital speedometer readout are for.
The problem with showing the real gauges and eliminating the in-game gauges is that many race cars do NOT have speedometers. I remember at my first American Le Mans race they had a few GT class cars sitting out and you could lean in and check out the interiors. I had to laugh when I saw no speedometer but three extra oil pressure gauges. I've even watched a few races where they discussed how in pit lane drivers use their tach to judge the pit speed (if they don't use a limiter) because they lack a speedometer.

I personally could drive in GT without a speedometer because I rarely check it since getting my DFP. I just tend to judge by gear and feel. However when I was using a DS2 I needed that gauge as I couldn't feel the car. Also, judging by write-ups a lot of people use speed to determine their proper approach to turns.

Plus, judging by the way the light is coming in from the side it could just be the angle of the light. And how awesome is that angled light effect?

the cars look perfect but the track looks crap..the road and grass textures look fake
Yeah, because blowing grass is so fake.

^^hi guys, of course textures are going to look good if viewed from above, but if the texture is not perpendicular to the viewer you lose heaps of detail...compare the above pic to this:

you can clearly see where the texture map 'repeats' itself on the asphalt and the detail shown in sheruken's pic is not present...needs more anisotropic filtering perhaps? i guess i'm just used to PC racing where i crank up the anisotropic setting...
Next you are going to be complain that they didn't add ants. ;)

Seriously, I think some priorities and realistic expectations are getting a little out of hand. :D

^^ lol yeah ants would be good...yeah not really complaining, its just it could look so much better..like this...see how the grass and road textures still have heaps of detail?
54add5c0fa95d7f06092d5fa2642.jpg

untitled1cq4.jpg

untitled1de3.jpg

Next you are going to be complain that they didn't add ants. ;)
lol, I think its ok without the ants:lol:

Seriously, I think some priorities and realistic expectations are getting a little out of hand. :D
Yeah, People are asking for too much. I'm just excited at what I already see that I like in the game. I'm already looking forward to potentially racing 16 Improved AI cars offline, or 16 of you guys online.

Duċk;2723220
Holy ****, so I guess the 350Z in the beginning of the first trailer was actually realtime? :crazy:
It appears so. I think mclaren was the first to say that it was real time. while others said it was CGI (or something like that).

It appears so. I think mclaren was the first to say that it was real time. while others said it was CGI (or something like that).
Well, that's the pre-race menu where you select to race, tune, exit, etc. Could it be CGI running in the background while you setup your car and then go race?

Well, that's the pre-race menu where you select to race, tune, exit, etc. Could it be CGI running in the background while you setup your car and then go race?

No way would they have a cgi model for every single car, and store a movie for every car.

I wouldn't think so.

No way would they have a cgi model for every single car, and store a movie for every car.
I wouldn't think so.
While I don't think so I was throwing the idea out there to see if it was possible. If it is only 40 cars for Prologue it might be possible, depending on how long the movie is before it loops.

First of all, foolkiller didn't say that the car was CGI, he said maybe the background is CGI and the car is being worked on in real time.

I think it's real time, but it is a higher detail than the races. They've simply increased the texture resolutions on everything and increased the AA. It's just one car in a garage with some pit people, it's not as hard to render as 16 cars on a track at the same time.

A very realistic predicament don't you think? Plus that's what the RPM bar and digital speedometer readout are for.
Not really, I never have a problem reading mine during the day time on either of my cars.

Back