Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
I downloaded the 1080p clip and my pc can't ven play it :)
it just stutters with no sound.
Well, i already had the feeling it wouldn't be able to play the movie before i downloaded it.

You can download both videos on the PSN. They play fine on the PS3. :)

Does anyone know about this GT's availability for PS2? If it's not available for the PS2 it'll be outrageous, don't yall think?
Please keep me updated.
Thanx!

Does anyone know about this GT's availability for PS2? If it's not available for the PS2 it'll be outrageous, don't yall think?
Please keep me updated.
Thanx!

The PS2 just can't process the amount of data required for GT5. You've probably seen the screens and it shouldn't be much of a suprise.

With that in mind, GT5 will not be on PS2. :ouch:
Sorry. :(

Btw, my computer ran into similar problems with running the new GT5P videos.
Windows media will not play the video right but the sound runs smoothly... Divx plays the video right but the sound doesn't run smoothly. :ouch:

I got two questions that i need answering if anyone can;💡

1. Do you know whether the GT5 Prologue will be simular in fetures like 2player and the other things to the GT4 Prologue.

oh and

2. Does anyone know if ether of the games are going to have a 2player functions at all!

That's from GT:HD Classic which was canned a while back.
I'm not sure. That looks more like a screenshot from "Vision GT" from E3 05.
chores would be better than tough talking:smilie:
Hmm, that would work too.
2. Does anyone know if either of the games are going to have a 2player functions at all!
Well, considering they are racing games, then automatically they're gonna have 2 player.

they don't have too. like i have F1 CE for PS3 and it is only a Oneplayer game on a single PS3 offline. but online yer there is the amility to play other people, but u can't play some one that is in the room with you.you have to play other pople with PS3's online. :grumpy:

will GT5 Prologue be like that or will you be able to play some one that is in the same room on the same PS3 as you

they don't have too. like i have F1 CE for PS3 and it is only a Oneplayer game on a single PS3 offline. but online yer there is the amility to play other people, but u can't play some one that is in the room with you.you have to play other pople with PS3's online. :grumpy:

will GT5 Prologue be like that or will you be able to play some one that is in the same room on the same PS3 as you
Hmmm, thats the First racing game I've heard of without the ability to have two-player offline. I don't think GT5:P or GT5 will sacrifice two-player for anything.

Hmmm, thats the First racing game I've heard of without the ability to have two-player offline. I don't think GT5:P or GT5 will sacrifice two-player for anything.

Motorstorm (at the moment), also is only single player offline, single player online, with the ability to race up to another 11 players I believe, and they just recently added Time Attack mode.............still single player. I heard there was a downloadable 2 player mode in the works, but its hard to say. Anyways, back to GT. I hope PD isn't as ignorant as some of these developers have been with their racing games.

Motorstorm (at the moment), also is only single player offline, single player online, with the ability to race up to another 11 players I believe, and they just recently added Time Attack mode.............still single player. I heard there was a downloadable 2 player mode in the works, but its hard to say. Anyways, back to GT. I hope PD isn't as ignorant as some of these developers have been with their racing games.
Thats just odd. Why would you not have two player functionality in a racing game? That makes no since to me.

I will be very dissapointed if there is no multiplayer. I expect to be able to save replays and take photos from multiplayer. That was a big problem in GT4.

I will be very dissapointed if there is no multiplayer. I expect to be able to save replays and take photos from multiplayer. That was a big problem in GT4.

I'm not sure that can be called a big problem, it's just an extra feature that can be done with a PCTV instead.

All this discussion should really be in the 'GT5 general discussion thread' it is many many pages past any recent updates, and perhaps should be locked for now. to be re-opened later.

I'm not sure. That looks more like a screenshot from Vision GT
Vision GT was never a game, it was simply the title of a series of demonstrations expressing rough directions of where the GT series was heading. The game footage shown within thoes Vision GT demonstrations was GT:HD Classic.

Well, I doubt there is any new info, but on the official Gran Turismo Japan site, there is a news story that looks like was posted today (7/23/07). There is a small screenshot of a stage, and a display of the game on the wall. If anyone can translate that news story to see if there is anything new mentioned, that would be cool:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d963.html

Well, I doubt there is any new info, but on the official Gran Turismo Japan site, there is a news story that looks like was posted today (7/23/07). There is a small screenshot of a stage, and a display of the game on the wall. If anyone can translate that news story to see if there is anything new mentioned, that would be cool:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d963.html

Nothing new by the looks of a babelfish translation (amusing as ever)..

Among large echoes end "アムラックス Tokyo Yamanouchi one model talk live"

2007 July 23rd

July 22nd, in Tokyo east Ikebukuro アムラックス Tokyo, ' talk live due to グランツーリスモ ' series producer Yamanouchi one model had.

In at this event, paulownia valley beauty of the popularity model 玲 it caused to the guest, ' グランツーリスモ ' past and presently, topic advanced the pleasure and the like of the thing which drives the car to theme.

It is the place where as for here アムラックス, Yamanouchi ' グランツーリスモ ' plans 14 years, ago the presentation for the first time obtains collection of data cooperation from the Toyota Motor Corporation as a automaker. Yamanouchi mentioned the with stage, "was in the waiting room and the bosom oak く remembered that time" that feeling was revealed.

When it is 18 years old, as for the paulownia valley that, ' グランツーリスモ HD concept ' the beginning experience we would like to take driver's license immediately. But the ability with considerable ones, Yamanouchi "there is no wasteful operation. Don't you think? there is character of driving ", that guarantee was pushed.

Inside the place breath it is as for being, when the up-to-date ' グランツーリスモ 5 prologue ' demonstration was done. For reporting the other day in just the valuable contents which in event "PLAYSTATION PREMIER 2007" are for the first time released, the eye of the viewing person in the screen became nailing. Real in vehicle expression and 16 race/lace scenes cheer boiled from inside the place, end only is to crack became denouement with large applause.

In アムラックス Tokyo it continues and 29 days (day) to, ' グランツーリスモ HD concept ' also demonstration has gone, (the entertainment floor of the underground 1 floor). As for this summer vacation by all means please experience exciting driving with アムラックス.

...regards

Scaff

LOL! That translation reminds me of me when I first came over to the US.:lol: I couldn't translate that into proper English even if I tried since I've forgotten my broken English speaking skill years ago.

I really hope Prologue comes out as planned this October because I cannot wait to see how it plays. I'm excited!

I'm assuming that because there's a car sponsored by GT, that's why there is a short video clip of the 24 Hour Nurburgring on the official GT web site....seen here:
http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/movie/d882.html

However, if you pause the game at around one-minute & twenty-two seconds...the cars shown DO NOT look like they're real...as that BLUE BMW just doesn't look right!

MMMM...? Who knows! Maybe it's just my own eyes! LOL!

I'm assuming that because there's a car sponsored by GT, that's why there is a short video clip of the 24 Hour Nurburgring on the official GT web site....seen here:
http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/movie/d882.html

However, if you pause the game at around one-minute & twenty-two seconds...the cars shown DO NOT look like they're real...as that BLUE BMW just doesn't look right!

MMMM...? Who knows! Maybe it's just my own eyes! LOL!

Gran Turismo was the big sponsor of the 24 Hours of Nurburgring this year. That's why all the cars have the GT logo on their windshield. I'm more interested in the song though, myself, but still a great video.

incar view:)

149041.jpg

Who Knows there may even be a 24hr race just like it, with the full amount of cars that take part in the official race. That would be amazing and i would never get of the PS3 or game. lol

i hope they match steering wheel rotations with g25 and dfp.( in-car view in Colin Mcrae DIRT look stupid with with max steering angle of about 30 degrees)

Back