Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
I've sat in one on the move and the handbrake is high (couldn't remember if it was that high compared to other cars, but I'll still bet they just haven't modelled gear changes or the handbrake yet at least in the videos/pictures shown.

....Sorry, another handbrake post :sly:
Agreed. Like I said before, it could be the angle of the shot, but it does look higher than it should be.

You are all insane :).

So "handbrake" is a new 3D rims/3D spectators/3D grass (pick one you prefer most)

Thank you God, we've wait The Succesor for such a long time :D.

This is true.

I don't tihnk I ever got round to saying well done and thank you for the heads up on this Amar burts of GT5 info. So even though it's late, thanks.

So "handbrake" is a new 3D rims/3D spectators/3D grass (pick one you prefer most)

Thank you God, we've wait The Succesor for such a long time :D.

haha, yes I looked on laughing when people were going on and on about 3D rims in Forza 2, now look at us ;)

Any clues as to how races will be hosted? Will they be hosted just by PD or will players also be able to host a race? Will you be able to decide which cars participants will use, how many laps etc.?

A couple questions guys;

1. Do you guys think that PD can create realistic smoke effects or even realistic engine noised relateable to the cars?

2. I hate to start a flame fest, but one of my best friends watched one of the videos on G4 and said that it looked like a real life race and he said, and I quote him, "it looked like what you see outside this window" i haven't seen it on TV, and the resolution on the video I downloaded looked kind of grainy.
Which leads to two questions

a. was it a target video (like the infamous Killzone video) or a actual gameplay footage, and

b. will it look good even on low-res TVs?

A couple questions guys;

1. Do you guys think that PD can create realistic smoke effects or even realistic engine noised relateable to the cars?
I believe they will based on Trailer 1 regardless of past offenses.

2. I hate to start a flame fest, but one of my best friends watched one of the videos on G4 and said that it looked like a real life race and he said, and I quote him, "it looked like what you see outside this window" i haven't seen it on TV, and the resolution on the video I downloaded looked kind of grainy.
Which leads to two questions

a. was it a target video (like the infamous Killzone video) or a actual gameplay footage, and
Real time replay footage.

b. will it look good even on low-res TVs?
Probably, but like all next gen. games, they show their true colors in HD TVs.

Damn...I just read through 25 fricking pages of this thread! :-)

Thanks to everyone for their opinions and posts, as it has been an 'interesting read!' LOL!

Now, as for my own comments;

After watching the trailer(s), all I can say is WOW!

Sounds were most definitely awesome! Let's hope they (PD) can actually carry this over to the ACTUAL game! :-)

Enjoyed seeing the F430! Can't wait to hop-lap that around the Ring!

NOTE: Looking at the picture of the F430 here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7007778&postcount=77 - I'd swear that was a REAL shot from above the car!
I mean...DAMN! The GRASS looks real!
The ROAD looks real!
The INTERIOR looks real.
HELL! Even the engine bay looks real!
(Forget the fact that the 'shawdow' looks a bit off though!:crazy: )

Definitely enjoyed the in-car view of the 350Z Motul Z! Hopefully GT5 will offer something remotely close to that type of in-car view while racing!

As for being able to select color schemes for either the driver's race-suit and/or helmet, I could honestly not really care...only because "IF" PD gives us some type of in-car/dash view, you'd only still see *maybe* the drivers arms if that and/or you may see the driver while doing an in-car replay. But other then that, having this option in the game could be left out for me personally.

As mentioned, I'd enjoy seeing some type of in-game qualifying for certain races, as I think that would only enhance the 'gaming experience'.
As for 'damage', as has been mentioned, this would only be 'cool' if all you wanted to do was get behind the wheel of a certain car, get it up to its highest speed, then go hit a wall on purpose! Other then that, 'damage' is not an interest to me, as I would like to see a more drastic change in physics for either GT5:P or GT5, as I was not impressed with how cars acted while using "N" tires. Sure, they may have produced 'real world times', but the overall 'real world feel' and 'real world physics' left some thing to be desired.

All in all though, after seeing the pics and watching the vid(s), I'm definitely getting a PS3 SOON and can only hope that when GT5:P is 'officially' released, us here in the U.S. get it either 'at the same time" as those in Japan, or at least a day or two later.

OH! Can't forget the 'possibility' of racing 16 cars at once! I'll just keep my fingers crossed!

SimRaceDriver

Say, I've been wondering about two things:

1. What is the tire wear and fuel consumption gonna be like?
2. WIll there be a cruise mode where you can just drive to the nearest tuner or car wash or Dealer?

Phill Harrison from SCEE said there would be some more info on the game in a couple of weeks. Hopefully some of these questions will be answered.

Say, I've been wondering about two things:

2. WIll there be a cruise mode where you can just drive to the nearest tuner or car wash or Dealer?

Probably not, i think they spent that time on making better physics, looks and sounds.

I am pretty sure, these questions won't be answered till GT5: P comes along. And trust me, once Prologue is out, we'll actually have some serious questions to ask then.. For GT5.. Ofcourse it's just an opinion. But based on what I have experienced from Sony and PD over lots of years.. I would say you can bank on this opinion of mine.. I think the info that Phill Harrison is talking about would be more to do with the online structure of GT5-P more than tire wear and fuel consumption.. We can only hope that the tirewear and fuel consumption aspect of the game, is just like the graphics (and the handbrake detail, lol), it's LIFE LIKE..

I'd like to see if the GT4: Online Beta Testing was a success for GT5:P, actually, now. It was just announced and then never talked about again.

Good point, it was mentioned a bit when it all started but then nothing. I guess they didn't need to after GT:HD classic was scrapped and I think GT5:P will be the proper GT5 online beta test.

Good point, it was mentioned a bit when it all started but then nothing. I guess they didn't need to after GT:HD classic was scrapped and I think GT5:P will be the proper GT5 online beta test.
True. But come to think of it, GT4's Beta was also top secret as Polyphony refused to have anything about it let out. So, it might have been successful, or it might not. We probably won't know though even after playing GT5 online, unless it really tanks or gets scrapped.

I need to know the answer to these questions:

1. Will GT5: Prologue be a download or disc game?

2. Is the relase date of October Japan only or worldwide?

3. Is online racing confirmed for GT5:P?

4. Is there any info on number of cars that can race online?

5. Any offical info on the new city courses?

6. Any carlists for GT5:P?

7. Any tracklists for GT5:P?

8. Anybody know how GT5:P is connected to HOME?

9. Does GT5:P support FORCE FEEDBACK?

10. Any hint on when GT5 the full game will be released?

11. Any idea of how pitstops will be like?

12. Any truth to a rumor I heard on youtube that the full game will have 20 cars on track?

Thanks for your time

I need to know the answer to these questions:
No. You'd love to have the answer to your questions. What you need is to die one day, and that's about it. And while waiting for that day, you should read and search more and ask less. :D

The answer to most of thoes is, we don't know yet.

Take a breath, and take time to think about the questions yourself, many of which are silly questions to ask at this point. If there was a GT5:P car list, you would know about it on here, it'd be hard to miss. for the other points GT:HD supported force feedback, there's no reason GT5 won't. I beleive GT5:P has been confirmed to have online. The full game will be relased probably late 2008 in Japan. GT5:P will likely be available as a download only. With that in mind, anyone anywhere will be able to download it through their PS3's by simply creating a Japanese profile which connects them to the Japanese PS store.

Everything else is pure speculation at this point.

Back