Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
I need to know the answer to these questions:
Get in line. :dopey:

1. Will GT5: Prologue be a download or disc game?
More than likely a download, but if it gets released on a disc, then we will have to pay for it.

2. Is the relase date of October Japan only or worldwide?
Unconfirmed

3. Is online racing confirmed for GT5:P?
Yes, according to the media.

4. Is there any info on number of cars that can race online?
Check the videos. At least 16, but this is unconfirmed.

5. Any offical info on the new city courses?
If you watched the videos, you can see at least two new tracks, but they have not been identified yet.

6. Any carlists for GT5:P?
No

7. Any tracklists for GT5:P?
No

8. Anybody know how GT5:P is connected to HOME?
Through the Internet. :dopey:

9. Does GT5:P support FORCE FEEDBACK?
Considering that FFb works on the PS3 now, why wouldn't it?

10. Any hint on when GT5 the full game will be released?
Later :dopey:

11. Any idea of how pitstops will be like?
Slooooower than the racing... :crazy:

12. Any truth to a rumor I heard on youtube that the full game will have 20 cars on track?
No details like this are know now, so wait like the rest of us.

Cheers,

MasterGT

I need to know the answer to these questions:

1. Will GT5: Prologue be a download or disc game?
Disc more than anything. GT4:P was a disc, so why would this be any different?
2. Is the relase date of October Japan only or worldwide?
Unknown, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Japan.
3. Is online racing confirmed for GT5:P?
Depends on how you read Polyphony's way of saying yes.
"Online Supported"....It's like a confirmation, but it doesn't actually say yes. You know how PD are the way they say things.

4. Is there any info on number of cars that can race online?

5. Any offical info on the new city courses?
You'll have to wait and see. We've only seen 2 trailers. I'd expect the most you'll get to a confirmation at this time is that new photo mode location seen in Trailer 1.
6. Any carlists for GT5:P?
No, but will probably include what you've seen so far.
7. Any tracklists for GT5:P?
Again, most likely what you've seen so far. In this case, Suzuka.
8. Anybody know how GT5:P is connected to HOME?
I couldn't tell you. I don't own a PS3 yet, so I don't know what HOME is.
9. Does GT5:P support FORCE FEEDBACK?
I will bet it will. The PS3 has had FF updates, and knowing Polyphony, will probably jump on it.
10. Any hint on when GT5 the full game will be released?
No one knows, but add a year and a half to whatever PD say it will be.
11. Any idea of how pitstops will be like?
Probably like GT4 w/ a couple more options.
12. Any truth to a rumor I heard on youtube that the full game will have 20 cars on track?
Well, there's the first problem. You listened to someone on YouTube. In my personal opinion, 16 is easily enough for me. I find the fact we got 10 more opponents far better news than losing 4 of the 20.
Thanks for your time
You're welcome. :)

Do you guys think that PD will allow for A.I. bots to fill in along with the human players online, like in some FPS and racing games? just wondering, you know?:sly:

Ahh, I have been absorbing the PS3 downloads of GT5: P movies. I must say, those visuals are above what I thought was possible on PS3, and with 16 cars to boot. As I suspected PD really are going all out with this. I assume that the game will have some form of damage, I prefer mechanical over all else, then visual( tires should be allowed to rupture, engines overheat, windshields get dirty, the chassis degredation should be kept and go according to how the car is treated on the track. etc...).
Now for the assumptions I would like to make, I assume that we will have some form of paint shop/visual detailing, it seems a logical step, especially in the online races. We really don't need anything the level of Forza 2 per se, but with downloads an option, we can always start out basic then upgrade with subsequent downloads of car skins and paint schemes.
I thinks it's safe to assume that it'll fully support FF, that's almost a given. That G25 wheel is sick, makes driving in GT4 a real test of nerves.

GT4 beta was obviously to test information packet distribution, and I doubt that PD would have another beta to test GT5's online component, what do you think GT5: Proluge is for? Lets hope it's lag-free when playing opponents across the world, Resistance was pretty much lag free, even in a room full(40) participants.
From the video I can gleam that the dip and roll movement from GT4 is back, but not as wild. It looks much more natural, the lighting looks very impressive, some shadows are a little off but for just a demo, no driving game out yet looks the part better. Now hopefully we get day to night to day transitions, realtime representation from track locales(i.e. it's 1am in Japan, racing at Suzuka at that time, the course should be covered by black of night), begs a question, can many courses support night racing IRL that is?

Another note, will GT5 include different tire types from real manufacturers a la Forza 2. I would love to see that make it in, screw that N1, R3 crap, give us real world tires. Also it would be cool to have a garage in your PS3 home, that way you could invite friends over online, and share info. Include Dynomometer and a test circuit would make that all the sweeter.
I digress a little, but if Kaz aims to make GT online unlike anything we've seen, then he definately needs to include a good amount of options for gear heads to delve into.
I havent heard anything on the sound front, but Im not worries, since GT4 sound info was recorded with a higher spec machine in mind, as was all the track info as well.

With time GT5 could be the most complete version of GT ever.

The screen I saw for what appears to be the menu looks interesting. As for its price, I would think since its a demo(if it will available as a downloadable), that it would by default be free.

Master GT and Mclaren, thanks for doing your best to answer my questions. I am satisfied with the answers.

As for those hoping for a online garage to show to your friends, or wondering if AI cars will fill out the field online, remember that all PS3s are equiped with a HDD.

That means if PD doesnt include custom liveries, a personal garage/museum etc with GT5 at launch doesnt mean you'll never see it in GT5. Why? The possibility of it being added on later via patch will always be a possibility

And good point, RACECAR. If GT5P is released as a download and it's nothing but a demo they shouldn't charge for it. I've yet to see a downloadable demo on the PSN that cost money to download

I hate to double post but I think this is worthy of it,

I've just read an interview where Sony's Phil Harrison said 2 very important things:

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is a FULL GAME with FULL FEATURES
and

We're going to announce the details (cars/tracks etc) in a few weeks

very good news!

edit: this means GT5P will cost $ and most certainly will not be free. im only concerned that markets outside of japan will have to wait weeks to get a disc....

I knew the Prologue would cost money, and if Phil Harrison is calling it a full game, then that pretty much backs it up.

More than likely a download, but if it gets released on a disc, then we will have to pay for it.

Cheers,

MasterGT

We will probably have to pay for it as a download too...

Disc more than anything. GT4:P was a disc, so why would this be any different?

Because PS2 didn't have a PS Store

Depends on how you read Polyphony's way of saying yes.
"Online Supported"....It's like a confirmation, but it doesn't actually say yes. You know how PD are the way they say things.

"Full Online Functionality" http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21663.html

Im glad that we have to pay. If we didnt, it probably wouldnt be as good or have as many features. And theres just no way that any company would spend a lot of time just to give something away for free. Im excited!

BTW, Duck, I think around 20.

I think GT5P will be no more than $25. Here is what was exactly said.

GameInformer: Gran Turismo has bounced around quite a bit, GT:HD was great, but it was the demo. Kazunori talked about all these things they wanted to do originally with downloadable content, and that call got pretty much scrapped for GT5. When was it decided to release Prologue, which is a demo, but more of a expanded demo?

P.Harrison: It's not a demo. It's a game. It's a full game. It's got full features

GameInformer: Will it follow how GT4 Prologue was? Is that the gameplan?

P.Harrison: We're going to announce details on that in a couple of weeks. I'm not able to go into specifics. Obviously one of the metrics is, "how many cars, how many tracks?" I'm not able to share that with you today.

As for it being download or disc, if it is a download you're looing at 1GB or possibly more

But does that say, you get to race online? No, not exactly. It could mean your lap times go to online scoreboard. It could mean you can download cars. It could even mean you can upload your photos. But it does not mean necessarily, you can race others online.

Polyphony are known for saying things in 1 form instead of coming out and saying it. I'll be one to wait and see before I accept something that can be twisted around as meaning something else than what we might think.

When they say "full" online capability, I take that to mean online racing. Otherwise, it's not "full", is it? GTHD never claimed to have "full" online capability, despite it's leaderboards.

As for the game and pricing.. I imagine it will be available online, but I can't guess at the price. Initially, I thought about ten bucks or so, but if they're referring to it as a "full game", albeit a small one, it'll probably be more. If it's a large download, they may offer the game on disc for a few dollars more. If it's too large to be a reasonable download, then they'll probably offer it as a disc only, in which case the cost would probably be the same as the original download cost, whatever that is.

As long as they "Nurburgring", I'll be more than happy to pay whatever they want. :)

Didn't think of that, hopefully were past that BS stage of empty promises.

Jedi - they wouldn't be the first to say "full" and it ends up only incorporating scoreboards when it comes to release....

When they say "full" online capability, I take that to mean online racing. Otherwise, it's not "full", is it? GTHD never claimed to have "full" online capability, despite it's leaderboards.

Like I said, Polyphony is known for saying things in another fashion. Look back to GT4. They said a lot of things too in a certain way that doesn't necessarily mean what you might think.

As KSaiyu said, let's hope we are past the stage of empty promises. I for one hope, but wish to see as well.

There is no end to negative news is there? Full online functionality, then the pessimist says what if it's not as they claim...bah. Quit the whining, I for one take things as I see them, until i see otherwise. It's stated as Full Online Functionality, then until i see differently, that's what I'm expecting. Hey they also said 16 cars onscreen at the same time and improved AI. Im waiting for mr. glass half-empty to rear his head.
Seriously you guys need to take a little time off and relax, it's still just a game and like your everyday life, not everything goes as you planned. Suck it up and enjoy what you can get out of it, because it just might be your last day.

Anyway, I'm more than happy with what was announced. Many things might not make it come launch time, but with downloadable content a great deal many things can be added. I can only wait to wrap my grubby little mitts on Kaz's masterpiece.

sayonara

There is no end to negative news is there? Full online functionality, then the pessimist says what if it's not as they claim...bah. Quit the whining

Sorry, but I'm far from whining. I'm just stating don't take everything as you see b/c PD have ways to saying what you want to hear differently. They always do.

I've had enough disappointment from PD to actually accept everything they say, and as said, I will wait until I see it in the flesh. Just like the damage, the customizing, and a full 16 car online race.

I hate to double post but I think this is worthy of it,

I've just read an interview where Sony's Phil Harrison said 2 very important things:

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is a FULL GAME with FULL FEATURES
and

We're going to announce the details (cars/tracks etc) in a few weeks

very good news!

edit: this means GT5P will cost $ and most certainly will not be free. im only concerned that markets outside of japan will have to wait weeks to get a disc....
Well, that looks like that answers my question concerning the cost. I'm definately gonna have to do some tough talking to my dad to get a PS3.

If PD decide to charge for it,witch I suspect they will then they deserve every penny for the great job they do with the series.
I'll hand over whatever the admitence price happily.

A few pages ago there was a discussion about the driver steering with the arms go through each other. They don't, he let go of the wheel with the right hand. Watched it frame by frame on the PS Store version of the trailer.

I downloaded the 1080p clip and my pc can't ven play it :)
it just stutters with no sound.
Well, i already had the feeling it wouldn't be able to play the movie before i downloaded it.

There is no end to negative news is there? Full online functionality, then the pessimist says what if it's not as they claim...bah. Quit the whining, I for one take things as I see them, until i see otherwise. It's stated as Full Online Functionality, then until i see differently, that's what I'm expecting. Hey they also said 16 cars onscreen at the same time and improved AI. Im waiting for mr. glass half-empty to rear his head.
Seriously you guys need to take a little time off and relax, it's still just a game and like your everyday life, not everything goes as you planned. Suck it up and enjoy what you can get out of it, because it just might be your last day.

Anyway, I'm more than happy with what was announced. Many things might not make it come launch time, but with downloadable content a great deal many things can be added. I can only wait to wrap my grubby little mitts on Kaz's masterpiece.

sayonara

Yeah, could be seen as pessimism but I don't care. I've believed crap in the past so I'm not gonna rush in and expect things promised to me from trailers and reports on a demo to a game.

This tiny little teaser is on Polyphony's homepage.

p01_01.jpg

Mmmmmmm, racecars.

Back