Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
And left it on for so long? I think it's either the angle, or for some reason it's been modelled alwayas up.

Well... of what I can tell you about drifting, from personal experiance and some of the videos I have seen, like Best Motoring - Tsuchiya's Drift Techniques (or something), when you use the E-Brake / HandBrake to drift, your hand is always on the HandBrake and not only that but the Stick "Button" (lol), is also pressed, you lift it, with it pressed in and you start drifting and u let go of the Handbrake, and all of this happens in a fraction of a second.. You just use the Handbrake for losing the rear end (friction / grip) and then you control the drift with your throttle / weight transfer of the car (depending on what drivetrain etc it is) and the streering input..

The Handbrake doesnt stay up for that long, neither does you hand ever leave the handbrake while it's still up, unless ofcourse you're Parallel Parking, alike - Russ Swift! (youtube it).. :P

I love people who log on to a Gran Turismo Fan Site and click on the upcoming Gran Turismo game just to talk about Forza. Doesn't Forza have it's own community?

Probably haven't modelled handbrakes yet as well as shifting animation since visual gear shifts don't seem to be in there yet either.

Do these games always have to be quid pro quo?

Do they not have they have the right to put their own stamp on a game without someone else having to do it to compete?

Then again having drivers that prefare to drive with the handbrake on can hardly be calling it a signature design:lol:

Not at all, but little detail like these makes the game so much sweeter, it's like the cherry on top you know, and it not hard to animate that little motion either, it would take about an hour or even less for a pro game animator like PD's staff to accomplish.

I love people who log on to a Gran Turismo Fan Site and click on the upcoming Gran Turismo game just to talk about Forza. Doesn't Forza have it's own community?

i was just citing an example, ok buddy, you don't need to start bashing people because of a reference.

I never saw it being done in GT4 because i use the bumper cam, so even when looking back you don't see the car, so i thought it was forza who had it first. Because i saw my nephew playing his 360 and he's always looking back and i happened to notice that the dudes arm moved to shift. simple as that, no need to be mean about it.

There's finally a Ferrari in the game now;wonder if they could get Porsche and Lamborghini in there too?

From my understanding, it would certainly have a big effect on the GPU, a game running at 600*400 is only running half as much graphically as a game running 1200*800 for example. ....SNIP

Actually its a 4 times drop in resolution.

There's finally a Ferrari in the game now;wonder if they could get Porsche and Lamborghini in there too?
They already had Ferrari in GTHD, so all I have to say is where on earth have you been since that news was released ages ago. Anyway I would also like to point out there was a racing Lamborghini Diablo is a Japan version of GT3.

They already had Ferrari in GTHD, so all I have to say is where on earth have you been since that news was released ages ago. Anyway I would also like to point out there was a racing Lamborghini Diablo is a Japan version of GT3.

At least there is Audi R8 which is based on gallardo :)

i was just citing an example, ok buddy, you don't need to start bashing people because of a reference.

I never saw it being done in GT4 because i use the bumper cam, so even when looking back you don't see the car, so i thought it was forza who had it first. Because i saw my nephew playing his 360 and he's always looking back and i happened to notice that the dudes arm moved to shift. simple as that, no need to be mean about it.

Forza wasn't first with that. Plenty of old school rally games has it. But please lets keep this thread to Gran Turismo.

Can i ask what this B Spec Movie talk is?

I'd like people to use correct terms to stop confusion. The movie has just been named "Type B", nothing to do with B Spec anything... Or have i missed something?

Forza wasn't first with that. Plenty of old school rally games has it. But please lets keep this thread to Gran Turismo.

men ny bryr vi oss ikke så mye om di gamle spilla heller da:sly:

men som sagt, ikke noe og krangle mer om. Håper bare alt blir bra med GT5 da.

Can i ask what this B Spec Movie talk is?

I'd like people to use correct terms to stop confusion. The movie has just been named "Type B", nothing to do with B Spec anything... Or have i missed something?

I only named it Spec B because amar did the morning he posted it so...

Please stop with that handbrake nonsense - TVR has it's handbrakes made exactly as shown :)

For people who obviusely are on the internet, opening another tab and typeing "TVR Tuscan interieur" can save so much useless conversation.. :)

And I changed "spec" to "type", my typo, sorry.

men ny bryr vi oss ikke så mye om di gamle spilla heller:sly:

men som sagt, ikke noe og krangle mer om. Håper bare alt blir bra med GT5.

In swedish that would be

"Men då bryr vi oss inte så mycket om de gamla spelen heller då.:sly:

Men som sagt, inte något att bråka mer om. Hoppas bara att allt blir bra med GT5."

He's probably going to say that your Sweeeeeedish is terrible. Thats what always happens.

Not very easy though because Norwegian and Danish are kinda the same. VVENOM800TT's post looked more like norwegian i guess.

BTT

amar212,
what if in those interior shots, the TVR Tuscan is parked and the HandBrake is up??? :P , lol I am only kidding man, dont start with you polite bashing again.. :) ... I saw the interior shots and the Handbrake is exactly at the same angle as shown in the "now NOT so controversial" interior shot from the game..

If you see my first post where I brought up this whole debate, I'd asked if anybody can confirm if that's how the handbrake is actually angled (even when completely not used) in the real TVR Tuscan. Coz as I said, pictures dont tell you the real story, so I thought i'd ask if anybody here has driven or sat in one of those, so they can confirm. Coz it's quite unusual for a production car to have such handbrake. I have seen many Rally cars that have pretty high angled handbrakes, but it's strange for a production car, thus... ASKED!

Here's an interior shot to save slow typers some time.

tvr11.jpg

And anyone not owning a PS3 yet, you are missing out as the videos are now up for download on the PSN Store. It looks sweet on my 48" screen.

Any one know if the G25 & FF is definitely going to be supported on GT5P?

Sorry to butt-in on the all-important-Scandinavian-TVR-handbrake discussion ;) but can someone tell me if the Logitech FF issue has definitively been addressed with regard to GT5/GT5P? Thank you.

Actually its a 4 times drop in resolution.

But you still get about a 50-100% increase depending on the filters you have applied (you'll get more of an increase in FPS if you have anti-aliasing applied at a higher resolution, I believe).

Sorry to butt-in on the all-important-Scandinavian-TVR-handbrake discussion ;) but can someone tell me if the Logitech FF issue has definitively been addressed with regard to GT5/GT5P? Thank you.
Well, it has been fixed for GTHD, so I have no clue why they wouldn't use it on GT5/GT5:P. They settled the lawsuit and now work together on it for the PS3.

amar212,
what if in those interior shots, the TVR Tuscan is parked and the HandBrake is up??? :P , lol I am only kidding man, dont start with you polite bashing again.. :) ... I saw the interior shots and the Handbrake is exactly at the same angle as shown in the "now NOT so controversial" interior shot from the game..

If you see my first post where I brought up this whole debate, I'd asked if anybody can confirm if that's how the handbrake is actually angled (even when completely not used) in the real TVR Tuscan. Coz as I said, pictures dont tell you the real story, so I thought i'd ask if anybody here has driven or sat in one of those, so they can confirm. Coz it's quite unusual for a production car to have such handbrake. I have seen many Rally cars that have pretty high angled handbrakes, but it's strange for a production car, thus... ASKED!

I've sat in one on the move and the handbrake is high (couldn't remember if it was that high compared to other cars, but I'll still bet they just haven't modelled gear changes or the handbrake yet at least in the videos/pictures shown.

....Sorry, another handbrake post :sly:

No problem man, you just brightened my day with your slick comments lol:sly:

Back