Prize cars?

Again you're not paying for the car, you're paying for the unlocking.
The unlocking has no reason to exist. The DLC pack you're suggestion is just an attempt to milk money because it is making you pay for something twice. Buying the game should let you do what you want with it, it's meant to be enjoyed.

The car can be yours if you do the events, totally free.
Which is only a result of bad game design. It can be mine totally free just for buying the game.
If you don't want to waste time why don't you just play a MMO like Simraceway, all cars are unlocked there to be bought, why? Because there is an online game, and not a game with a career.
Having a career doesn't matter because that still doesn't exclude the ability to have everything open.

GT is a game with a career
Which changes nothing.

there is GT Life for you to play, not as an extra the game is about that, the online is an extra.
No, online is the game. It is because what is the game, what's extra, and what's annoying will vary from person to person.

But still if you wanna just save time, you can buy the "time saver pack" and get all your cars on dealer.
No reason to do this. It makes much more sense to charge for people who want a career since that actually takes dev work.

On a second note, you said about 'hiding' cars, and as I said on my first post, they shouldn't be hidden but be in the dealer with a N/A tag, which would become the real price tag after you unlock it.
All the same thing.

I don't know about you, but I really like playing my career mode instead of jumping into the dealer, buying up my 800HP R34 and go kick ass online.
Well I don't.

This game is more than online, it should be great offline and online, it should have things that make people want to keep playing the offline career too, and exclusive prize cars would be the thing.
If PD wants me to play more, prize cars is one of the worst things they can do.

You'd be surprised how many times I started over with my old GT games, but that is not the point, the point. The effort is needed, by what you said on the post before 'why spend time making this this and that' well why spend time making new cars then? When they can just copy paste GT5 cars, effort is not needed.
Well no, they should do the best to make GT6 a great online and offline game, even if that takes effort put into small things.[/QUOTE]

I would still want unlockable "Secret Cars" as to be honest too many games these days give you everything interesting right away, instead of actually working for it, which I much prefer. When was the last time a fighting game had at least ONE character locked? Forza 3 (and i'm guessing at least 2 and 4) had no unlockable cars that I remember which was one reason why I prefer GT.

However, I do think AFTER you have unlocked them then they should be Purchasable from the dealership, so in case you lose it somehow you can buy another. Or even as some have said, you Unlock them but do not get them for free, you still have to buy them.

To make everyone happy, prize cars should be randomly awarded based on what cars you don't have in your garage. If you manage to collect all 1200 in the game plus DLC, it will still be random.

My opinion on everything thats just been said is,no unlockable= nothing for me to do,therefore less willingness to sit and collect 1200 cars..I too have gone back to the older games which i enjoyed alot more than GT5,I understand that there are those who dont wish to as some have put it "jump though hoops" to get stuff which in their opinion should already be available to them,but for me the whole point of GT mode is to start from humble beginnings in a small (most likely) Japanese car and earn stuff along the way,if everything was available to me from day one,I wouldn't have the discipline to do it properly,it also gives me a small but satisfying sense of achievement when I win each competition,like I wouldn't do it if there wasn't a prize at the end.

Last edited:
Prize cars are a GT hallmark, I have always liked.

I'm completely in favor of prize cars through game accomplishment only.

As a matter of fact, I still miss the wheel of fortune in GT3.

The unlocking has no reason to exist. The DLC pack you're suggestion is just an attempt to milk money because it is making you pay for something twice. Buying the game should let you do what you want with it, it's meant to be enjoyed.
Would you be happy if they use my idea but make the DLC pack for free on PSN?
The game can have it's own exclusive prize cars, all of them on the dealership with no price tag, which can be unlocked after winning the car once.
But you and the other people who doesn't like to progress through the GT Life can download an unlocking for the reward cars.
There we'd have both sides happy.

Would you be happy if they use my idea but make the DLC pack for free on PSN?
The game can have it's own exclusive prize cars, all of them on the dealership with no price tag, which can be unlocked after winning the car once.
But you and the other people who doesn't like to progress through the GT Life can download an unlocking for the reward cars.
There we'd have both sides happy.

It doesn't need to be a download. The game should come with all cars unlocked in some free mode that is connected to online. Then there is GT Mode with has unlocks.

I've been trying to make both sides happy since the beginning, there's no reason why not, it's easy to do in this case.

Wouldn't that mean they would have to change the online.....Currently, you use the cars from Gt Life to play online...If every car is unlocked to play online, there would be no balance and everyone would just use the most powerful car from the beginning, there would be nothing to play towards and there would also be no need for career mode which isnt what GT is about...If you want to hop into GT and drive some fast cars every now and then, just go to arcade mode, that's what its there for.

Wouldn't that mean they would have to change the online.....Currently, you use the cars from Gt Life to play online...If every car is unlocked to play online, there would be no balance and everyone would just use the most powerful car from the beginning, there would be nothing to play towards and there would also be no need for career mode which isnt what GT is about...If you want to hop into GT and drive some fast cars every now and then, just go to arcade mode, that's what its there for.

I don't recall this happening when PD gave everyone the most powerful car for reasoning that had nothing whatsoever to do with GT5.

Arcade mode is terrible and doesn't have online.

As for the rest of your post. What. Capital What. Just think about for a second.

People have been saying that since before GT5 came out. It didn't make sense then, it doesn't make sense now. Both the whole GT is about career mode thing (no, it's about what the person playing wants) and the people will suddenly only care about the faster car in their garage even though this doesn't happen in GT5 currently thing (I have multiple X1's, guess I'm imagining those times I used my other 1200 cars against other players using those same cars).

I honestly did not realize GT6 has already been out for like 2 months
that being said I just learned that along with the fact that the new game's reward system is even more ******.
I guess that makes the series dead for me, which is a pity since polyphony had so much potential to expand their single player "career" modes with those last two games

Back