Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,203 comments
There are a lot of improvments but how can you explain such graphic downgrade?
Try Barcelona with storm (in 4k), it looks like you are playing to Automobilista.

Pcars 3?
Or it is not made for 4K.
The level of anti-aliasing is what really bothers me on PS4. Hurts my eyes and detracts from all the other improvements.

In other news I received a driving standards warning for this:

And this:

Any ideas why so I can prevent it?

Aside from the dubious warnings, those two clips show just how variable the sound can be. The Nissan R89C is glorious*, the F40 LM has early Gran Turismo vibes. Cars like the Radical SR8 and the Group 5 320 which used to make the hairs on my neck stand up now seem muted and dull.

*Apart from a terrible, tacked on turbo sound that is totally disconnected from the car in replay, as in it isn't subject to the same doppler effects as the rest of the engine. The 911 GT1 suffers from the exact same miserable effect.

Is it just me or does Silverstone look and feel different in this game compared to Assetto Corsa? The track feels more narrow in PCars 2, the buildings are closer to the track. I'm also slower in PCars 2. I wonder which game has the authentic version of the track.

Is it just me or does Silverstone look and feel different in this game compared to Assetto Corsa? The track feels more narrow in PCars 2, the buildings are closer to the track. I'm also slower in PCars 2. I wonder which game has the authentic version of the track.

Well all of AC's tracks (except for Zandvoort I believe) are laser scanned and as such are 1:1 accurate.

Could you make it possible to make the game remember search presets for online lobby's?
And filter out races wich or not possible to join? (ongoing races , room that are full).
It always takes a long time to find lobby's that i like.
Each time i have to go in a lobby to see , how many laps , wich assists , wich rules , and everytime you go out a lobby you end up on the main screen and have to put every filter in again.
Love the new game but it's hard to find prefered races without good filter options.

I thought online lobbies would have lobby names so we can see what we're getting into but I haven't seen that yet. Same with regions so I can race in North America only.

Anyone have an LG B6 OLED as their TV by any chance? I’m trying to find the most lag-free settings. I already use Game Mode, but maybe there are some other things I can tweak. Problem is I’m streaming from a PC to Shield TV, so that introduces a little lag already, so I just want to make the TV itself as responsive as can be. I feel like that’s part of the problem playing with a controller, playing on my PC monitor is much easier.

I would be shocked if either one of them got the track width off by more than a minuscule amount. It might have something to do with your field of view settings or the view that you use in the game.

I would be shocked if either one of them got the track width off by more than a minuscule amount. It might have something to do with your field of view settings or the view that you use in the game.

I use the default settings. You might be right but is PCars' track laser scanned? And have you tried Silverstone in PCars 2 yet?

I also want to point out that Silverstone is the only track so far that appears “weird“ to me.

Just got the game and where are the rest of the cars? I'm stuck with only the 720?
It's most likely still installing, then. When I first installed it on PS4, even when the console said it was fully installed, I was only at 75% or so when I loaded the game up.

Give it ten or fifteen minutes; should be all set up by then.

anyone else having trouble taming the 650s gt3 no matter the tuning setup? lose the back end when coming through/out of corners constantly, then other times it understeers. The hurrican gt3 behaves so much better

I finally was able to finish a race without crashing for once, I came in 8th place on a 3-Lap race around Catalunya using an Audi R8 LMS.

Also, I can safely say that the Group A R32 Skyline is still the most tailhappy car I've driven.

Makes total sense now, for some reason I thought I remembered The American saying 100 was the best, Ive been playing online watching the score thinking bloody hell how well do you have to drive to get the score down. Thought I was really crap.

Im hoping that someone sets up a track-day server on PC sort of like the couple of track day servers on assetto corsa. I really enjoy those and I think it would be a great way to help with driver rating.

What the **** did they do to differential tuning? That screen makes no sense whatsoever...
:lol: To be fair so far all I've done is race stock setups everywhere. Didn't want to spend too much time tuning when a patch could change everything - along with the issue I have at the moment that sometimes setups are not saving.

Anyone have an LG B6 OLED as their TV by any chance? I’m trying to find the most lag-free settings. I already use Game Mode, but maybe there are some other things I can tweak. Problem is I’m streaming from a PC to Shield TV, so that introduces a little lag already, so I just want to make the TV itself as responsive as can be. I feel like that’s part of the problem playing with a controller, playing on my PC monitor is much easier.
@PzR Slim does.

What the **** did they do to differential tuning? That screen makes no sense whatsoever...
Also, is the engine brake setting backwards? It says that a higher setting for engine brake lowers the amount of engine braking/liftoff oversteer but isn't that backwards?

I just want to know how to tune out lift-off oversteer. It was so simple in PC1 to just raise the pre-load diff setting. I'm having a lot of trouble with the Porsche Cayman Cup at Red Bull Ring Turn 2

I just want to know how to tune out lift-off oversteer. It was so simple in PC1 to just raise the pre-load diff setting. I'm having a lot of trouble with the Porsche Cayman Cup at Red Bull Ring Turn 2
In automobilista it's always helped to lower engine braking (I assume for only mid or rear engined cars). But here it says a higher number will do that.

I say its correct in AC and pretty bad in PC.

The last Corner before start finish (modern) speaks for itself

Back