Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,203 comments
I'm really curious about the karussel at the Nordschleife because I could never take that at speed without spinning or going wide up the right. I know GT6 was nothing close to real but I was used to that which was a lot smoother. I wonder how it is now and what real life drivers do to keep their cars stable there.

I think it felt really strange in PCars 1, but in PCars 2, you can pass it really smooth.

My copy arrived in the post about midday while I was away from home, but undeterred by this I managed to teach my dad how to use a PS4 over the phone, so I could start the patch download ASAP :lol: And thanks to my unorthodox PS4 remote play session, 14 hours later it's set to finish at 2am, and I'm not waiting until the morning :)

No regrets buying physical, the steelbook case is just lovely. And as it turned out, the boxed Limited Edition + Season pass was the cheapest way to buy all the content in the UK (£70, vs £75 for the digital deluxe). But, most important of all: stickers.

IMG_1214.jpg

Can't download those with your fancy pancy internets, can you? Take that, digital players :P

I kid. Hope everyone is having a blast so far :cheers:

So, I pre-ordered my game because you get the Japanese Car Pack, but I didn't receive a code - nor was it on the disc. What should I do? Go back to the retailer and ask about it? Then again I'm not losing any money but it's a bit of a bummer. However there are so many great cars available it probably doesn't matter if I miss out on four vehicles. I can buy the pack later if I really want to.

Raw is most likely only a good idea for direct drive wheels out-of-the-box, or otherwise high end wheels. Reason being is that if I remember the PC1 FFB settings and read the description of the Raw preset correctly, it means that it has no FFB compression in it at all. This would mean that almost all consumer wheels will experience FFB clipping with that preset (too heavy wheel, sudden rattling, no road or fine FFB details), unless some of the underlying settings are adjusted a lot. Based on my experience, I would recommend just about everyone to start out with the Informative preset first (it is the default for a reason) and potentially move up to Immersive if it doesn't cause clipping (it most likely will with certain cars, depending on the wheel being used).

When driving, always check the FFB telemetry, especially at high speeds and during cornering. If it flatlines on the top, you have clipping and should absolutely adjust your FFB settings.

True, however I have tried the informative preset, however I do prefer the Raw option. I never ran Softclipping in Pcars 1 so Im used the the RAW. I just need the Deadzone and Low speed Coeficcient FFB tweaks. Does anyone know where to find them? They don't seem to be in the ffb_custom_settings.txt file.

Thanks.

So, I pre-ordered my game because you get the Japanese Car Pack, but I didn't receive a code - nor was it on the disc. What should I do? Go back to the retailer and ask about it? Then again I'm not losing any money but it's a bit of a bummer. However there are so many great cars available it probably doesn't matter if I miss out on four vehicles. I can buy the pack later if I really want to.
You needed to get the Limited Edition in order to get the pack, I think.

Okay, has anyone had this glitch? Driver Aids are resetting. I mapped them to my wheel and have been checking them throughout a session. I turned them on. Some time goes by and I just toggle on/off but it says Traction Control On, like it was off or reset itself at some point.
It's good that you're saying this because I thought I was going crazy trying the Ford GT at Laguna Seca: I'm pretty sure I had SC and TC off and every now and then they would turn on... Not sure what's happening.

Did you get a receipt? Usually codes are either there or in the case whenever I get a physical pre-order.

Neither incentive pack is tied to the limited edition. The Japanese pack is for pre-orders of any version and the Motorsport pack is tied to the Season Pass.

It was for the Standard Edition mate. For the Limited Edition you got the Japanese Car Pack, Motorsports Pack and the Season Pass. Yet I didn't want to pay $40 extra for the Motorsport Pack and Season Pass, so I bought the Standard Edition which includes the Japanese Car Pack.
Did you get a receipt? Usually codes are either there or in the case whenever I get a physical pre-order.

Neither incentive pack is tied to the limited edition. The Japanese pack is for pre-orders of any version and the Motorsport pack is tied to the Season Pass.
No, nothing on the receipt either...

There should be a card with a code inside the case. I'm guessing all the "day 1 editions" came with it.

That's how mine was.

The Japanese car pack, loads with the install. I have the Deluxe. Only the Season Pass and Motorsport Pass had codes on paper.

It's good that you're saying this because I thought I was going crazy trying the Ford GT at Laguna Seca: I'm pretty sure I had SC and TC off and every now and then they would turn on... Not sure what's happening.
I'm actually wrong. When SC is on you can see ABD and TC icons lit up as well so they're automatically a part of SC. With SC off you can have TC and/or ABS.

XXI
1. Yes.
2. No.
3. No.

Don't take my word for it, you'll see for yourself Assetto has some proper competition here with FFB feel/communication.

PS4/T150

Thank you! - that is good to hear. :cheers:

I will see how it goes as more people put time in on PC2. I could still put more time in on Dirt 4 and AC (have not tried the latest build or DLC) before I pick up PC2. See how long I can hold off before i get the itch and pick it up. .. I am also balls deep in Destiny 2 as I can play that while away from home.

I ended up getting the digital version, but I'm pretty sure some stores here were accepting pre-orders of standard editions, which in the description did not mention any bonus pack.
But maybe I'm wrong of course, or it varies from store to store.

It was for the Standard Edition mate. For the Limited Edition you got the Japanese Car Pack, Motorsports Pack and the Season Pass.
Nop. That's another edition you're talking about. The Limited is just the game, the Japanese pack and some stickers. And it sold for the same price as the standard edition.

I'm wondering about this too... I got a digital pre-order from Gamestop and the code for the game download was on the receipt but I didn't look for another one for the Japanese Car Pack. Time to pull out the garbage...

Amazing game so far!

I made the mistake of attempting to run the 918 Spyder around Azure Coast (for the first time) on 80% AI for the manufactur drive, many restarts later my driving record looks awful :boggled:

Should we be able to see this on everyone's records? Or should it really only count as a "start" if you have finished a race? Because it seems a bit odd having XX starts, X wins, and 0 DNF's. :confused:

Ginetta junior career event #1:

Oulton park, AI set at 60, dry.
I am upper pack, consistent around 2nd to 4th. I drive the entire race and never catch p1.

Career event #2:

Knock hill, AI set at 120, light rain.
After going from 60, 65, 70, 85, 100, to finally 120, I am now at the same area I was with the first race.

I mean come on! Seriously? Pcars 1 I could expect to change the AI 1 or 2 points every 3 or 4 tracks, not 60 points in back to back races... Please tell me it's a minor bug and that most races aren't like that.

Given that in most other 120 based Sims I am around 80-100, I have no clue which version is even the closer-to-average ai.

It's been a little hit and miss with some cars, lack of traction even with "Authentic" aids (ex. Corvette Z06) - I've driven a Ferrari 458 Italia IRL which was pretty stable when pushed, nothing like a couple of these super-cars. I think some tweaking by SMS is needed. But, if anyone want a good immersive combo (haven't tried with AI, just hot lapping) ...
Audi Quattro IMSA GTO or 1977 Porsche 935 GR.5 at Long Beach at dusk/clear weather with 5x to 10x time progression - beautiful! And the sounds! Running triples, TX wheel, TH8A shifter.

Note, I originally posted this over at RD - boy is there a lot of negativity over there towards pCars/pCars2. To each their own, when PC2 is good it's VERY good!

My copy arrived in the post about midday while I was away from home, but undeterred by this I managed to teach my dad how to use a PS4 over the phone, so I could start the patch download ASAP :lol: And thanks to my unorthodox PS4 remote play session, 14 hours later it's set to finish at 2am, and I'm not waiting until the morning :)

No regrets buying physical, the steelbook case is just lovely. And as it turned out, the boxed Limited Edition + Season pass was the cheapest way to buy all the content in the UK (£70, vs £75 for the digital deluxe). But, most important of all: stickers.

IMG_1214.jpg

Can't download those with your fancy pancy internets, can you? Take that, digital players :P

I kid. Hope everyone is having a blast so far :cheers:

I bought digital and get a copy from being a WMD member. I hope there's stickers!

Jerome

Hey maybe someone could give me a hand. I downloaded the v 1.03 update, however, at the bottom right of the screen it still says version 1.00.0842. Is that normal? By the way this is on ps4 pro.

Thanks guys.

Back