Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,203 comments
That seems to be a known bug induced by skipping to the end
Clearly. I was doing a 1:33 at Long Beach with the Formula R, every AI ended up doing 1:26 at the end with the skip. The world record for this track at the moment is 1:31... Clearly they ****ed something up :P

So enjoy the game... those that have it. I pre-ordered it, against my better judgement, from amazon for guaranteed release day delivery. When I was checking the tracking today it said by 8PM tonight I'd have the game. Then it changed to shipping on the 25th!! When I called, and after 30 minutes on hold, they said they'd run out of copies, so I asked the obvious question... What's the point of a "guarantee" if it can't be upheld? I didn't get a straight answer. They canceled that order and said they now have a digital download option, and they'd give me credits ...yadda yadda. Got the code, put it into the PS app on my phone, and the downloading feature isn't working. Playstation says it is downloading but I can watch the bandwith useage remotely and nothing in drawing any use. In any event I don't know when this'll all be sorted as I'm no where near my domicile. So enjoy the game if you have it already, I'll see you in a few years...

I have been busy and away from my setup for a couple months but should be able to get back to it soon.. before I pick up PC2 I have some important questions about the ps4 / T300 experience.

1. Can I jump on the game and with less than 5 sliders and 10mins get the FFB to good place for my T300, for pretty much all cars without individual car FFB settings? (Assetto Corsa is the gold standard for this IMO)

2. Anyone hit an invisible wall or have their car launch off the track into outer space?

3. Anyone out of no where loose all FFB or get a grinding vibration?

One hour of play so far. It took awhile to get it working with my wheel... which is an accuforce. Simcommander is not yet set up for pcars2 so it takes a little jerryrigging and is not optimized yet.

I have all the pc sims and appreciate nuanced, accurate handling. Immediate impressions for pcars 2 after trying a few street legal Mclarens: major improvement from pc1. FFB feels pretty good but will need more time to try optimize it. Handling feel over the limit of adhesion seems to be a real strength of the title. Recoverable, controllable and fun. Also, COTA looks awesome.

I started with the Formula Rookies and the Asian championship. The last race of the championship is on the Ruapuna Park Club in winter so the track is ice... Who thought this was good idea to have open wheelers driving on ice? Even on the spiked tires and traction control at high I have no grip at all. Can't even drive one corner normally. But the AI seems to be driving without problem... What can I do? Are the spiked tires broken because it feels like they don't help at all? I'm on PS4.

I started with the Formula Rookies and the Asian championship. The last race of the championship is on the Ruapuna Park Club in winter so the track is ice... Who thought this was good idea to have open wheelers driving on ice? Even on the spiked tires and traction control at high I have no grip at all. Can't even drive one corner normally. But the AI seems to be driving without problem... What can I do? Are the spiked tires broken because it feels like they don't help at all? I'm on PS4.

Same issue on the Xbox One, it's pretty much impossible to get any kind of grip while the AI just cruise along. :boggled:

I was having so much fun I decided to go for a World record!!!! :D

Oulton Park International in the R8 LMS for anyone wondering.

Screenshot_20170922-153809.png

Xbox One, do I just look on the official forums or what?

Nope.

Once you have the pic how you want it.

1) Press "Y" to hide the UI (actually taking the picture leaves a button prompt)
2) Take a screenshot.
3) Save it from your activity feed on Xbox.com.

Not sure if there is a way to get higher resolution images, but that's the only way to get pictures that I've been able to find.

Nope.

Once you have the pic how you want it.

1) Press "Y" to hide the UI (actually taking the picture leaves a button prompt)
2) Take a screenshot.
3) Save it from your activity feed on Xbox.com.

Not sure if there is a way to get higher resolution images, but that's the only way to get pictures that I've been able to find.
I've actually done that a couple times already, I was actually hoping there was an official photo mode download section on their website like what Turn 10 has for the Forza games. If there isn't, than that will be fine enough; thanks.

I have been busy and away from my setup for a couple months but should be able to get back to it soon.. before I pick up PC2 I have some important questions about the ps4 / T300 experience.

1. Can I jump on the game and with less than 5 sliders and 10mins get the FFB to good place for my T300, for pretty much all cars without individual car FFB settings? (Assetto Corsa is the gold standard for this IMO)

2. Anyone hit an invisible wall or have their car launch off the track into outer space?

3. Anyone out of no where loose all FFB or get a grinding vibration?

1. Yes.
2. No.
3. No.

Don't take my word for it, you'll see for yourself Assetto has some proper competition here with FFB feel/communication.

PS4/T150

After a couple of hours non stop PCars2 in VR I need to take a break. Man this is really addictive. After several hotlaps e.g. zolder, sonoma, Mercedes Ice track with the Heineken green northern light* I felt confident that I was ready for the serious work:

I started the Career mode. I could not resist to start with the Ginetta Junior Cup. After +/- 20 minutes of practicing I skipped the session to the end. Ended 12/12 with a 1:16:5xx. All pratice I was #1 but when skipping I also found out that the AI gained about 10 seconds?
Then qualified 3rd again with a 1:16 low. All default setup and way too much petrol in the tank. For the race I lowered to 15L (which is still too much for a 9 minute race). 1:15 best lap time and finished my first race numero uno. Now a ice cold Heineken :cheers:

Does the telemetry HUD confirm you're really on studded tyres?

Graphical oddity: why does driving over kerbs reflect their colour on the inside of my car?

EDIT: when driving round the Glen it looks like someone has a set a fire off in my car...

Last edited:
Hopefully someone can help!

I DLed the game last night and had no luck with my small mige simucube getting FFback to work. Admittedly I don't know a whole lot about setting the thing up. The steering works fine in game but I have no force feedback at all. Anyone have some possible suggestions?

Thanks for any help

Project Cars 2: The Real Northern Lights Simulator

I selected the ice track in mid January at 2am, drove into a dark area, switched off the lights and the engine then stepped out of the car (i.e. chase cam). In VR. Glorious.

And it's not just the sight. The wind howling above the snow adds to the spectacle.

Actually, this game is beautiful in VR, and well optimised. I'm well impressed.

Okay, has anyone had this glitch? Driver Aids are resetting. I mapped them to my wheel and have been checking them throughout a session. I turned them on. Some time goes by and I just toggle on/off but it says Traction Control On, like it was off or reset itself at some point.

Ok, I'm starting to get a little bit annoyed now, as I keep finding niggling issues with the game. I've just had to restart my PS4 as every time I loaded up a custom event with any car my T300 would start violently shaking left and right without end. I don't get it. I just was playing with no issues and now it's gone crazy. Can't quite believe here we are again and there are still wheel issues :banghead:

Has anyone else tried to download the PCars 2 Season Pass? I've bought it but can't seem to DL it to my PS4 yet. I'm guessing I have to wait longer even though the PS Store says it comes out today?

Jerome

Well, not me as I didn't buy a season pass with my copy. I wanted to wait to see what was included in the future dlc packs before considering that.

---
Note: The most tail-happy car I've driven so far is the R32 Skyline Group A oddly enough. The Ferrari F40 LM gave me little trouble, the XJ220S would only spin if I really pushed it, but the R32 seems to snap into oversteer when pulling out of corners.

Well, not me as I didn't buy a season pass with my copy. I wanted to wait to see what was included in the future dlc packs before considering that.

---
Note: The most tail-happy car I've driven so far is the R32 Skyline Group A oddly enough. The Ferrari F40 LM gave me little trouble, the XJ220S would only spin if I really pushed it, but the R32 seems to snap into oversteer when pulling out of corners.
I got that from the R32 as well. With my new controller settings, I haven't spent time with the R32. I'm blazing along in the TCR cars and 240ZG.

Back