Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,203 comments
Qualifying issue happening for me too. Was sitting in P6, then most of the drivers pulled a 1:06 at Oulton Park in the Ginetta Juniors when I skipped to the end of the session.
:scared:

I'm really curious about the karussel at the Nordschleife because I could never take that at speed without spinning or going wide up the right. I know GT6 was nothing close to real but I was used to that which was a lot smoother. I wonder how it is now and what real life drivers do to keep their cars stable there.
pCARS 2 has a laser scanned Nordschleife (quite a big difference from the pCARS 1 hand-built model). So you should just get used to this, because you will find the same model in all modern sims :)

I recall a post on WMD2 showing an awesome graphic of the old model with the new point cloud data on top, showing exactly which cambers and elevations were going to change from pCARS 1 to 2.

EDIT: I just saw the first impressions thread :)

Jerome

Last edited:
2 mins left on the qualy. So I skip to the end, and BOOM I went from pole to 12th and everyone is 3-4 seconds faster

That seems to be a known bug induced by skipping to the end

Last edited:
If anyone has some idea how people managed a 1:31 on a rainy Sugo with a fixed setup GT-R (community event), I'm open to suggestions. :)

For me, no matter my tire choice, tire temps and pressure are gone by the second half of the very first lap, making it a skating competition. It's entirely possible that it is a case of PEBWAC however.

I'm really curious about the karussel at the Nordschleife because I could never take that at speed without spinning or going wide up the right. I know GT6 was nothing close to real but I was used to that which was a lot smoother. I wonder how it is now and what real life drivers do to keep their cars stable there.
It's silky smooth now, none of those mad bumps from before. Also the evil bump just before the long back straight has gone. Good times!

To those who were complaining about the 720s, I feel sorry for you... I absolutely love it! so brutal and how a supercar should feel! I genuinely enjoyed that car more than all of the 7 ferraris in the assetto corsa dlc. Including the 812 superfast. If it helps i was on raw, with only abs at both indianapolis road course and spa.

I'm really surprised the leaderboards still take time to update. This is the only game I've ever played where I need to wait to see where I'm at. Thought they would have fixed that this time around. No biggie though. The rest that they did work on makes up for it.

To those who were complaining about the 720s, I feel sorry for you... I absolutely love it! so brutal and how a supercar should feel! I genuinely enjoyed that car more than all of the 7 ferraris in the assetto corsa dlc. Including the 812 superfast. If it helps i was on raw, with only abs at both indianapolis road course and spa.

I tried it again and it's not as bad as my first impression. It is however the only car I've tried so far in the game that insists on pulling left or right when flooring it in a straight line all the way up to 150-200 km/h, where it finally becomes stable. Gets a little better with warm tires, but still seems to need fairly gentle throttle application up to a rather high speed.

It does have over 700 horsepower...

Download speed of 45.6 Mbps on my wired connection... hopefully it'll go quicker. Didn't realize I was set up on Wi-Fi connection. Wow. Went from 5 hours to start game and 23 hours until fully downloaded to 23 minutes and 3 hours. Ha!

Last edited by a moderator:
To those who were complaining about the 720s, I feel sorry for you... I absolutely love it! so brutal and how a supercar should feel!
Well, you're not an expert. :P

Agree 100% though. Very easy to drive when driven casually, progressively harder as you keep pushing it, absolutely mental on the limit.

It does have over 700 horsepower...
And with aids off. :scared: So (especially with a pad) smooth inputs are essential. Can't just mash the pedals/steering at the limit.

Furthermore, I found myself thinking "Why am I losing it while coasting?", then checked the speedometer to see I'm actually doing 180-220 kmh. :D

Two questions.

Has anyone found a way to shorten the time of practice and qualifying in career mode (I can only see on/off choices)? I don't want half an hour qualifying, but if I use the "skip to end" feature the AI sets some absolutely ridiculous lap times (in one GT4 session pole position lapped 18 seconds faster on Red Bull Ring National than no. 2).

Second question. Is there any way to mute or turn down volume on incoming multiplayer chat? First online race I tried (and quit again quickly) had spouses, babies and other wonderful noises drowning out GT3 engines.
A Google search did show me that setting up private party chat on the PS4 should work. I did that for my second race and didn't hear anyone sing or shout or taking a piss, although whether that was because of the party chat or because no one had a microphone I'm not sure.
Chat is useless at best and horrendously annoying at worst in 95% of open lobbies, there really should be a mute all or volume feature.

Two questions.

Has anyone found a way to shorten the time of practice and qualifying in career mode (I can only see on/off choices)? I don't want half an hour qualifying, but if I use the "skip to end" feature the AI sets some absolutely ridiculous lap times (in one GT4 session pole position lapped 18 seconds faster on Red Bull Ring National than no. 2).

Second question. Is there any way to mute or turn down volume on incoming multiplayer chat? First online race I tried (and quit again quickly) had spouses, babies and other wonderful noises drowning out GT3 engines.
A Google search did show me that setting up private party chat on the PS4 should work. I did that for my second race and didn't hear anyone sing or shout or taking a piss, although whether that was because of the party chat or because no one had a microphone I'm not sure.
Chat is useless at best and horrendously annoying at worst in 95% of open lobbies, there really should be a mute all or volume feature.

Welcome to online console racing. Where everyone has the cheapest and more sensitive microphone on the market. One of the reason I tried to stick with friends when I go online on consoles.

I've had some hours of running today (PS4), game crashed 3 times while i was editing the controls. Have been fiddling with FFB settings half the time, was a bit dissapointed that i couldn't use my 3rd party apps and my new ignition button box.

But ... i'm having a blast, i think it's a solid game that needs some fine tuning/ refinement and i'm confident that @IanBell with his team are on top of things.

:cheers:

Why is this game not called Project Caterham again? Seriously, anyone who haven't tried the Caterham community event at Knockhill are doing themselves a disservice. Best FFB ever, insane amount of track detail coming through and it is the first time trial session I had where I had problems concentrating on setting a fast lap, solely because the car was so much fun to slide and throw around on the kerbs.

The first patch has been made available yet or no? Because if not I feel like a lot of these common issues will be sorted quickly. Things that come up often are probably found in their small test group but when it releases and the test group become everyone then more little idiosyncrasies will pop up.

The first patch has been made available yet or no? Because if not I feel like a lot of these common issues will be sorted quickly. Things that come up often are probably found in their small test group but when it releases and the test group become everyone then more little idiosyncrasies will pop up.

PC is on 1.1 build 866 based on the version number in the menu and on the exe's properties. 1.3 should fix a few things indeed.

The Karoussel is a lot better this time around. No more scraping/bottoming out, and it doesn't want to spit you out as much as it did in the last game. The entire Nordschleife is much more alive, but at the same time easier to drive harder on... I was very pleasantly surprised.

Anyone know how to set it so that there's snow on the ground? I tried driving on the Nordshliefe in snow weather but there was no accumulation.

Edit: Got it figured out.

Latest Posts

Back