Project Cars 3 Suggestions

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 677 comments
Actually, I think I mentioned this for PC2 before release but, how hard is to create a commentary log for not a player but instead the cars (which would be the first step). Just commentary for specific numbered cars and their make maybe even the series (but not all since it’s the first iteration). Obviously Intro commentary for the weather track info etc. then the rest of the log would be passes crashes, maybe this could just be a career thing

Commentary to races would be nice. Some info on the series and the track. But this isn't a necassity for me.

Also VSC, SC, FCY and yellow flags should be added in some way. But this yields for everything that adds to a more complete racing experience. Add some cars and tracks and then just complete and perfect the current basis

Very unlikely, but I want there would ditch the current engine.

In the age of deep learning AI, make it strategic core component. Use TensorFlow or whatever. And no fake 2.5D graphics anymore. Please use proper volumetric light. Best would be to use Raytracing for light/shadow and side/back mirrors. Use the Vulkan API for GPU Access.

Fake 3D is bad for VR. In a few years, a HMD would be a standard Sim equipment in HighEnd environments.

Screenshot_20190721_163153_com.twitter.android.jpg

Interesting. Project Cars Revolution (PCR)?

Absolutely nothing wrong with being overly positive and optimistic. Just ship it when it's right though.

I wonder if Ian has visited this thread and incorporated them good ideas into his 200% better new game..?

There's enough good ideas in this thread for the next 3 project cars sims. I'd just forward this thread to my development team if I were him then go back to my margarita in the hot tub. Job done.

I agree, been using imsa custom liveries for marek and rwd as DPI's but it doesn't really work because you can only use one custom skin per car and they're slower than the ligier p2

There's enough good ideas in this thread for the next 3 project cars sims. I'd just forward this thread to my development team if I were him then go back to my margarita in the hot tub. Job done.

It's the upside of all these forums where the ones passionate about a game come together to talk about the game. Unfortunately our constructive discussions and ideas sometimes are interrupted by people who want to bash on everything because it's not exactly how they want it. If you'd only take the few dedicated threads you'd find enough input to finetune the game and base decisions upon it.

Besides that, I have already accepted that PC3 is going to miss some (minor) aspects that are very valuable to me, whether it be custom championships or safety cars or little things like showing car names besides the images. I am nonetheless certain that the next iteration will give me many ours of joy because it will still be the most complete racing game on console for me

Motorcycles (Be the first Sim. to have 2and 4 wheeled vehicles.)
Improve engine sounds
MORE vehicles
More oval tracks with road course variation
Road Atlanta
VIR
Get rid of off road and snow tracks

Motorcycles (Be the first Sim. to have 2and 4 wheeled vehicles.)
Drive Club?

Personally not interesting in motorcycles as there is not a sim-like control method available for them so the experience is always feels very arcade like in my view. I will not complain if it is included though.

My genre of addition would be trucks. Big trucks (lorries), stadium/super trucks, NASCAR trucks etc.

Last edited:
I hope there will more official series with proper race track, like IndyCar, Super GT, DTM, V8 Supercars cause in PC2 it was weird the handling of the cars wasn't that great and the sound looks all the same to me..

We need a proper racing career with cinematics, podium, helmet and driving suits design, pit crew, journalist, driving numbers and so on.

I was disappointed with PC2 for real

We need a proper racing career with cinematics, podium, helmet and driving suits design, pit crew, journalist, driving numbers and so on.
These would be great to add. I'd much rather drive a Coyne and have the Coyne guys in suits as opposed to one of the fake teams. Or give us an option to choose our own pit crew suits. Or customise them. That would also be cool.

The cinematic stuff would be a good addition as well. Seeing as they want to make it more like Shift, there's a possibility of that being one of the areas they're "Shiftifying."

IanBell or other dev members, please please please more Australian cars please!, I liked how the Ford FG Falcon was in it, but it's rival the Holden VF Commodore wasn't and that was all, having a line up of old and new ones would be just perfect! (Think if Forza Horizon 3 Australian Cars Content, they even had the Ford EL Falcon GT! among others)

Thanks.

I'm not in the business of wish lists.
I'm thinking about how 3 could possibly be improved.

The Madness engine is great, we have the tracks, cars, and content but what could be done or adjusted to really wake up those that may be on the fence?

Graphics.
They look very good on my vanilla PS4 but up against GT not great.

Weather.
Do you use it?
A vast majority of online races never have weather, the track surface is always almost certainly dry.
What if SMS scrubbed live track 3.0 and put those cores used to graphics?
Smooth it out and put the jaggy police to rest.

Pull back the reigns a little and focus in this order.
Physics
Appearance
Matchmaking
CRL/Penalties
Tracks
Cars

Your thoughts?

Edit...
In the 8 months since this thread was created I've moved to PC, with that my original opinions have changed.
While I never thought PC2 console performance was bad, it is obvious and realistic to say it is restrained by hardware.
It is still the same game and I have no doubt SMS did great console optimization, but the benchmarks on my rig now have really turned it loose.

Consistently getting 100fps makes live track 3.0 how I imagined it, fantastic. No more stutter while raining, smooth wet/dry/day/night transitions.

My OP is no longer relevant.

Ok here's what I want for Project Cars 3
Support for PS4/XBOX1 but focused on PS5/whatever the next xbox is called
Tracks: I want more asia/oceania tracks with the proper suzuka and more NZ and AUS tracks and dirt ovals like Knoxvile from the US to Western Springs in NZ
Cars:
I want more LMP1 2 3 ,gte cars gto gt3 gt4 v8 supercars 410 sprintcars midget cars, a focus on oval cars as well aswell etc
Game features:
At least 50 AI at Le Mans, Nurburgring and Spa for 24 hour events avalible for all consoles
More AI on track in general
Nascar AI drag each other and don't spread so easily
More than just 6 cars in rallycross, maybe 8 or 10
LiveTrack 3.0 continues
Let us choose what weather settings we want when we pick random so if im at spa I choose if i want it to just randomize between clouds and rain instead of fog and snow coming in
More weather selections with more weather slots
Tire allocation for the event
Better physics
More Simulater than graphical detail
Carrer:
More in depth
Bugs and stuff:
Fixed from the start and if some error fixed in a update
Multiplayer:
Better driver rating simailer to gt sport because right now its quite a mess
Also daily races like gt sport(gt sport did well for multiplayer) to keep the game running with different classes and tracks

Im really looking forward to this game, hopefully it will be a blast

Yeah I defiantly think they should continue and improve Weather features, removing them would be a backward approach, for me they add to the game and make it more fun longer after release, sure may not be used on the multiplayer races but single player I enjoy them heaps, and combined with night makes it even better.

I also would like to see in PC3 (or future titles) in races the cars in front of you add dirt and rubber come up on the players windscreen, another racing sim does this (think iRacing?), another feature that would be good to see in Racing Sims is more unique mechanical faults example being during a race, a faulty tire could blow perhaps etc, and would like to see more damage stuff, like if you hit the front end in some way and the hood pins go, the hood can come up and hit the windscreen, things like this would add to sims even more imo.

oh and with the camera features ingame, I would to see more example being corner wheel angles, in track curb angles etc etc.

@Blenux I'd love some damage / mechanical failures but if i remember correct this is very difficult due to manufacturers who don't want their cars to break down in racing games

Yeah true but they need to get over themselves and be real with their audience, at least in Racing Sims, highly doubt it never has happen at least one in a race.

Yeah true but they need to get over themselves and be real with their audience, at least in Racing Sims, highly doubt it never has happen at least one in a race.
The problem is it's "all about the brand." Seeing a Mercedes blowing up because of nothing the player has done isn't great for the Mercedes brand of reliability. According to them, obviously.

Anyone who plays games will think it's just the game. But Mercedes are, rightfully, protective of their brand.

I hope there will more official series with proper race track, like IndyCar, Super GT, DTM, V8 Supercars cause in PC2 it was weird the handling of the cars wasn't that great and the sound looks all the same to me..

I was disappointed with PC2 for real

More IndyCar please.

More IndyCar please.

Not for me. In fact I'd quite happily lose all the open wheel cars in favour of more touring/GT/prototype classes, vintage and modern. If I had my way I'd get rid of the ovals and bring in more historic tracks too.

Neither of which will happen, of course :)

Not for me. In fact I'd quite happily lose all the open wheel cars in favour of more touring/GT/prototype classes, vintage and modern. If I had my way I'd get rid of the ovals and bring in more historic tracks too.

Neither of which will happen, of course :)
We already have the tracks scanned. Why would you get rid of them? A lot of people actually want more ovals and cars/series related to that. If you remove them completely, you'll more likely annoy a lot of people (myself included) than you'll make happy. If you don't want to use the content, don't use it. It's the same reason why I don't use the road cars. Am I advocating for them to be removed? No. Because some people actually want to race them and it might bring more manufacturers into the game.

Not for me. In fact I'd quite happily lose all the open wheel cars

Have you tried the Lotus 25? It's one of my top three favourite cars in the game - so enjoyable to race both offline and online with friends!

The Lotus 49, 49C and 72 are also exceptional with a superb feel when driven with a wheel on default settings.

We already have the tracks scanned. Why would you get rid of them? A lot of people actually want more ovals and cars/series related to that. If you remove them completely, you'll more likely annoy a lot of people (myself included) than you'll make happy. If you don't want to use the content, don't use it. It's the same reason why I don't use the road cars. Am I advocating for them to be removed? No. Because some people actually want to race them and it might bring more manufacturers into the game.

Fair comment - I guess I still have the old fashioned mindset of 'taking up space on the DVD'. Let me rephrase it - I personally (and this is all personal opinion, obviously :)) wouldn't like to see dev time wasted on tracks I will never use.

Have you tried the Lotus 25? It's one of my top three favourite cars in the game - so enjoyable to race both offline and online with friends!

The Lotus 49, 49C and 72 are also exceptional with a superb feel when driven with a wheel on default settings.

Also a fair point - all the classic Lotuseseses get an honourable exception, as does the Formula Rookie now I think about it.

Back