Project Motor Racing (formerly GTR Revival/GTRevival) from Ian Bell & original GTR2/SimBin crew

• Thread starter Jtheripper
  • 874 comments
Yeah I know, when is it supposed to release, mid/late 24ish?

Think they're claiming 2025 now? Seems like a long ways out. Everyone involved also says "when it's ready," which I guess is better than what we had with PC1 & 2? Much as I'd like to have it tomorrow I guess waiting for something that actually works out of the box is preferrable. But it's going to be a long wait, especially for us console guys.

Everyone involved also says "when it's ready," which I guess is better than what we had with PC1 & 2?
I do remember Ian saying they would release pCars 1 and pCars 2 when it's ready. That said, editor pressure (Bandai Namco for pCars) and money/budget constraints are probably why they got released, ready or not. Same thing could happen here.

I do remember Ian saying they would release pCars 1 and pCars 2 when it's ready. That said, editor pressure (Bandai Namco for pCars) and money/budget constraints are probably why they got released, ready or not. Same thing could happen here.

Completely fair to say. Well, again, not much we can do but wait. They do seem to be a lot more in control of their own destiny this time round, although I do worry over-ambition may get the best of them. I guess that'd be my buggest concern.

Been playing PC2 on the handheld lately and even today it's still amazing and back in the days downright groundbreaking in certain areas. Speaking of which: @Ian Bell : Something like 'livetrack 4.0' in the planning?

No way am I hyped for this. PCARS 3 was hyped and turned out to be a huge disappointment. So I'll take everything with half a bucket of salt for now. Let's see when it hits shelves.

Last edited:
No way am I hyped for this. PCARS 3 was hyped and turned out to be a huge disappointment. So I'll take everything with half a bucket of salt for now. Let's see when it hits shelves.
Maybe from Ian but there was no hype from the fans in the build-up to PC3. It was a quick cash grab from all parties. My only worry about this is the frame rate on consoles.

Not having Xbook or twittergram I don't see any media posted by Ian or others, so information has been a little sparse recently. Even the monthly newsletter hasn't appeared. Anyone seen or heard of any updated news?
No news is good news if they have their heads down working on the game.

Not having Xbook or twittergram I don't see any media posted by Ian or others, so information has been a little sparse recently. Even the monthly newsletter hasn't appeared. Anyone seen or heard of any updated news?
No news is good news if they have their heads down working on the game.
No news. Which like you said is probably. Good. It was pretty devoid of content. If I had to guess, they would be modeling cars and tracks. Let's hope.

It was pretty devoid of content.
I suppose it would be tricky to keep information at a high level throughout production. It's just that they started out at a good pace with their earlier stuff. Much of it being very informative.

I suppose it would be tricky to keep information at a high level throughout production. It's just that they started out at a good pace with their earlier stuff. Much of it being very informative.
He had a post on the twitgram about being quiet and working on big things a few weeks ago so I guess we wait.

I agree. Stop yammering on about it. We saw the pictures, read the interviews and see the vision. I'm looking forward to this and it's better that we don't see every little step they do along the way. I want some surprise. :D

I think Mr Bell going quiet is probably a good sign that they're actually doing something meaningful. Crowing all over social media about this and that doesn't make it a good game.
Well, marketing and sales is kind of his thing. ;) But what are you up to @Ian Bell ?

I read PC3 he was between a rock and hard place and couldn’t do much about it. I look at it this way, from what I’ve heard, that game flopped and especially with all the PC2 players who just stuck with PC2. So why on earth would you repeat that recipe haha

I’m hoping it comes to console and if it’s pretty much PC2 but refined and better graphics I’ll get it. Graphics will need to be on par with GT7 or ACC at least for me.

I read PC3 he was between a rock and hard place and couldn’t do much about it. I look at it this way, from what I’ve heard, that game flopped and especially with all the PC2 players who just stuck with PC2. So why on earth would you repeat that recipe haha

I’m hoping it comes to console and if it’s pretty much PC2 but refined and better graphics I’ll get it. Graphics will need to be on par with GT7 or ACC at least for me.
Unless it's a successor to PCARS2, it's going to be utter nonsense and nobody will care much for it. Both PCARS 1 & 2 still feel so timeless, so full of passion and love for cars/racing.

Well I guess that’s sort of my point? Why would it venture out as PC3 did? That’s just asking for it to fail.
It won't go that route. PC3 was a good game in its own right, it was just marketed badly and should have been called something else.

This GTRevival feels like a bit of a different beast.

By all accounts it's going to be what it's named after. An up-to-date version of the original GTR. I'm not expecting to be knocking over any blocks for points. Although to be fair I probably enjoyed that more than I should have. 🙂

Last edited:
I did not enjoy that. At all. lol
And if GTRR has block breaking, I might just go find Ian and throw Legos at him until he screams for mercy. A barrage of Legos.
I don't mind that it has that option for fun but NOT part of the career path for career points.

This gives a little hope.

“Graphics and audio are crucial,” says Bell. “I was looking at Project CARS 2 the other day, and I guess I’m a little biased, but go take that out on a rainy, foggy day at Spa and tell me there are sims out there today that are more beautiful, especially in VR. There just aren’t. And that team is still with us. Audio, same story.”

Except I hope they fine tune the audio because a lot of the cars sounded distorted not just loud. I’d always hit the rev limiter on a few because it was all a distorted mess. He must be talking about computer because PC2 on PS5 looks quiet bad haha. I remember “at the time” PC2 on PS4 looked great.

He must be talking about computer because PC2 on PS5 looks quiet bad haha. I remember “at the time” PC2 on PS4 looked great.
PC2 on PC, I took this yesterday, still looks pretty good.

ss192938.jpg

PC2 on PC, I took this yesterday, still looks pretty good.

View attachment 1336382
Yeah I remember firing it up on PS5 and it looking horrible, arched YouTube videos, why does it look so good, oh PC on high settings. Even GT Legends on high with mods doesn’t even look too bad. Unfortunately no updates or ps5 patch was done for Pc2 because it was already dead. I’d still play it but my wheel doesn’t work well with it.

Latest Posts

Back