Project Motor Racing (formerly GTR Revival/GTRevival) from Ian Bell & original GTR2/SimBin crew

• Thread starter Jtheripper
  • 874 comments
Project CARS 3. The other one didn't count. And if this is in any way a spiritual successor to PC1 and PC2 that's not a bad thing IMO.
Never said it was a bad thing. I was quite pissed off when Project Cars 3 released without the features I liked from the previous 2 games. That forced me to move over to Assetto Corsa for my sim experience as GT Sport wasn't cutting it. Nowadays this isn't soo much of an issue as I own GT7, Forza Motorsport and ACC but I'll definitely be giving this game a go, especially if it's coming to console.

Just passing time waiting for the preorder.

ksczjgb0xft61.jpg

😄

I still have that and GT legends installed...

Do need to figure out how to configure my G920 correctly, though. Works and is playable, but the rotation is way out of line.
I'm pretty sure I still have both on cd in a box in the loft, shame I don't have a PC to play it on, also have the urge to fire up these classics.

I still have that and GT legends installed...

Do need to figure out how to configure my G920 correctly, though. Works and is playable, but the rotation is way out of line.
I've got the simbin mega bundle but I use the power and glory mod instead of GT legends with a load of downloaded tracks.

This might help regarding custom ffb, I followed this guide then tweaked it for my tsxw & the results are fantastic.

Last edited:
I've got the simbin mega bundle but I use the power and glory mod instead of GT legends with a load of downloaded tracks.

This might help regarding custom ffb, I followed this guide then tweaked it for my tsxw & the results are fantastic.
Thanks! Will go through it and see what I can come up with.

Thanks! Will go through it and see what I can come up with.
Also not sure if you're aware of this, I'll presume you are but I'll post this anyway regarding old simbin racing titles.

Also not sure if you're aware of this, I'll presume you are but I'll post this anyway regarding old simbin racing titles.
Believe it or not, I wasn't? Kind of strikes me as something I might have been aware of like 12 years ago, but I didn't have a wheel at that time.

Why?

Pavlov
Firewall Ultra
Horizon Call of the mountain
Crossfire Sierra Squad
Walking Dead
Moss 1 and 2

All and more are based on unreal engine, damn firewall and pavlov are even UE5 based. Why you think UE is a problem?

ACC has VR support too doesn’t it?

Why?

Pavlov
Firewall Ultra
Horizon Call of the mountain
Crossfire Sierra Squad
Walking Dead
Moss 1 and 2

All and more are based on unreal engine, damn firewall and pavlov are even UE5 based. Why you think UE is a problem?
Ahh cool. Didn’t know all of those titles used it.

As for why, i’ve come across a bit of a repeating opinion that unreal was a bit of a dumpster fire when it came to vr. Nothing really substantial when it came to why, its just been repeated enough that its sunk in.

Anyway, i’ll probably buy every racing game which supports psvr2 so looking forward to trying it.

@MagpieRacer but not psvr2. All mac’s here, except the cheapo lappy to update fanatec firmware.

Last edited:
I'm really liking what I'm seeing here
Yes, he way the wheel and car seem to be reacting looks like the handling physics model is already at quite an advanced stage. And the graphics, both detail and fluidity, are also impressive.

And that extra wide monitor gets a shout out too. 😄

Yes, he way the wheel and car seem to be reacting looks like the handling physics model is already at quite an advanced stage. And the graphics, both detail and fluidity, are also impressive.

And that extra wide monitor gets a shout out too. 😄
In the Twitter post he had with this vid in it, Ian said it was running at lower graphics settings, too. And it still looks pretty good. Really liking how the car is moving around and reacting there. And that sound...

And yes, I gotta get me one of those monitors!

Back