Project Motor Racing (formerly GTR Revival/GTRevival) from Ian Bell & original GTR2/SimBin crew

• Thread starter Jtheripper
  • 874 comments

Looks hot as hell, im sure its max pc settings in some pics, just hope it will be near that on ps5/xsx, and can run 60fps,,no stutter.
Replays included.🤞

I'd so love if apart from gtr kinda remake it seems to be, with added different cars, tracks..,

we'd get gtlegends game type content.
I loved that game on pc back then as well, from same dev as gtr1.

Please be good.

I'm so looking forward to this.
I'm trying really hard to not get my hopes up too high, but honestly, every other game I have in the meantime is going to be just waiting.

And yes, I get all that about history, etc. Title for title this is the crew that has made most of my most-played games over the years and now sim racings biggest autist is in with them. With that and the rest of the crew still smarting from the PC3 debacle, they can't afford to release a mess and I beleve they know that.

considering it's only been a little over a year
It seems it's a very talented team Ian has assembled, a large number who already know their way around racing games, plus there's Reiza onboard with them as well (perhaps with use of their assets), so it's not like they are completely starting from scratch.

Plus there was an article about how they were wanting to use AI tools in the development of the game, so maybe that's a thing as well.

Up to now, 2 of the 3 car sim style games that im looking forward to most, are looking pretty damn good lol.
This, wrc, and only need ac2 to show up promising as well. 🙏

Hello everyone. I'm back to one of my favourite sites. Thanks mods for all of your good work and management.

Latest in game shot of GTRevival.

Attachments

• Rolling Race.jpeg
    Rolling Race.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 22
Am I the only one that finds these screenshots a bit concerning? Kind of getting "too good to be true" vibes considering it's only been a little over a year.
what is good to be true in the photos? The graphics are good but it's nothing revolutionary. Take any Unreal engine 5 game with ultra graphics and you can get similar visuals if not better. So far I'm happy because at least we're not getting another gt3 focused game with the spa/silv/nurb combo

Hello everyone. I'm back to one of my favourite sites. Thanks mods for all of your good work and management.

Latest in game shot of GTRevival.
How did you able to get the Ferrari 550 GTS to be licensed.

I read somewhere that Ferrari rejects it as an official car because it was a project undertaken by Prodrive.

Some real good stuff im seeing.

Last edited:
Screens are looking promising.

Hopefully we get some video at some point though I imagine they're a while away yet.

Still good progress so far, assets definitely look high quality :)

Last edited:
With all these legends and most wanted cars the future is very promising!!!
I hope carreer and online will be something that will have all those elements that missing in GT7.

Just watched Austin's video above, interesting proposed use of AI. Personally I've never really been drawn into career modes (I'm 2000+ hours into PC2 and haven't started its career) since I just like the racing, but this idea does seem a little different, more personalised, in its approach, so could perhaps tempt me. And of course if it's not compulsory then that works for everyone.

And @Ian Bell could you get Austin a tripod to raise up his camera? His up nostril angle isn't all that great. 🙂

@Ian Bell will your new game work as well as PC3 on a controller ? Do you have the staff around that did this ? I really, really, really hope so !!?
I don't want to promise too much but I think we've reached the point where we've nailed controller input now. The same guys that worked PC2 to PC3 are running tech so it should be as good or better. The underlying physics of the cars will be 'more sim' than you've seen but I feel that's a good thing. If a car handles like you'd hope it would handle then it's more intuitive. These GT cars are very easy to drive right up until that 97-98% of maximum point where the real talent shows. If it were spinning out on most corners the engineer who set it up would be sacked in an instant. They are all about long race stability with as little vices as possible.

Just watched Austin's video above, interesting proposed use of AI. Personally I've never really been drawn into career modes (I'm 2000+ hours into PC2 and haven't started its career) since I just like the racing, but this idea does seem a little different, more personalised, in its approach, so could perhaps tempt me. And of course if it's not compulsory then that works for everyone.

And @Ian Bell could you get Austin a tripod to raise up his camera? His up nostril angle isn't all that great. 🙂
Ha, nah he's far too ugly for that.

@Ian Bell are there plans for any VR support? Is PSVR2 considered to be supported or is it not possible?

I know that this is probably to soon to answer this questions but it would be nice to at least have hope for PSVR2 support :D

Back