Project Motor Racing (formerly GTR Revival/GTRevival) from Ian Bell & original GTR2/SimBin crew

• Thread starter Jtheripper
  • 874 comments
Short attention span? Rampant ADD? Dislike for anything that requires a few laps of practice? :D
But seriously, VIR is wonderful. These are usually the same people that say the Nordschleife is overrated.
I'm 50/50 on Nordschleife. I don't like the term overrated, but out of the 100's of races I've had on that track, only a handful were actually fun and competitive. "Overhyped" maybe? I love using it for tuning cars when I'm hotlapping, but more times than not, 90% of the lobby just don't know the layout. It's probably great for anybody doing league races, but I just don't have the set schedule anymore for gaming like that.

I think because it's a relatively new track to racing games, there's a lot to take in and people don't have an attention span or patience anymore. It's borne out of the notion of instant satisfaction that's beginning the new normal that has crept in making people have short attention spans and then getting stroppy when they can't stay on the track or compete.

Last edited:
I know it by heart since long, dont find it particularly hard, but it's fast, with fast curves, i like it.
Maybe it be more fun even, if more bumpy.
Edit: Although i just tried it again in AC, and it feels great, plenty bumpy on the g29, with stiff enough cars. Tried the lambo street, sv i think it was.
You need to accept you won't be doing laps in 2 mins, need some time for a proper race, or to like doing hotlaps.

Last edited:
Short attention span? Rampant ADD? Dislike for anything that requires a few laps of practice? :D
But seriously, VIR is wonderful. These are usually the same people that say the Nordschleife is overrated.
Funny enough, the two biggest Nurburgring fans I know both can't stand VIR! Which is kinda weird when you think about it. I'm the other way around, big fan of VIR, pretty meh about the Nurburgring. Great for driving, sure, but really pretty terrible for wheel to wheel racing.

Last edited:

F8ATm2RWMAAbg_I

F8ATovnWAAAAE-B

Last edited:
It's just such an utterly bonkers car, how can you NOT love it, right?
For me it's the way it looks and the noise it makes, such a wonderful sound 😄 And I love that on the latest one a Viper appears on the rev counter on the dash when you near the redline 😁 And the way the middle brake light is...a Viper. Simple little touches that please a simple little mind 🥰

Talking about Vipers.

When I was a kid I saw a red Viper SR2 with white stripes an a red SR1 parked next to each other at a car event. Seeing that in Europe was something extraordinary.

There I saw Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Porsches, Aston Martin...but a Viper, not one, two at the same time.
That was a historic event in my life.🥹:eek:

At that moment I was with my uncle, I had to have a face of admiration, shock, excitement or who knows what so big in front of the two Viper that the next day my uncle gave me a two diecast Viper with the same color scheme.🤗:D

About 25 years later I still have them.

Obviously the Viper GTS-R was my favorite car in GTR and GTR2.

But I have to admit that I was unfaithful to him at some point with some Italian and British V12.

I loved the viper in gtr1.
There was a track in it with a very narrow, brief chicane with a bump, that was a thrill to try go fast thru without knocking on either side.

I forget which track it was.
Was cool in replays too to see.

One car i would like to see again is the cobra daytona in a good sim on console, ps5 for me.
Has a cool style and sound.

I think it's in gt sport, but had to spend months on end trying to add up the necessary credits.🤦

I really hope car sounds will be super good, in cockpit, in road side replays, and of ai cars around you.🤞

Last edited:
Am I the only one that finds these screenshots a bit concerning? Kind of getting "too good to be true" vibes considering it's only been a little over a year.

I don't see how it's concerning at all. I don't think there's a single individual on this planet that thought Bell was going to make another game after PC3. So whatever happens at this point and the ridiculously large magnifying glass it will be put under leaves a lot of concern wayside. The alternative was always going to be no other sim existing at all.
Now if it gets washy when we start seeing actual gameplay, then I think it's time for the pitchforks and torches.

Am I the only one that finds these screenshots a bit concerning? Kind of getting "too good to be true" vibes considering it's only been a little over a year.
I just treat it as nice eye candy, but no expectations at all that the game will be anything like that.

Latest Posts

Back