Project Motor Racing (formerly GTR Revival/GTRevival) from Ian Bell & original GTR2/SimBin crew

• Thread starter Jtheripper
  • 874 comments
Now Project Motor Racing
Thanks for link, bit vague though the info there for now, at least it says release for console and pc.

I called it last month. ;) I’m fine with that.

Better graphics and PSVR2. Plus, hopefully, better out of the box controller set up. Adding a bit more grid customisation like Assetto Corsa and GT7 would make this the perfect game.
Man I’d love to be able to make liveries. PC2 was bad for that. Everybody hops in the same car same livery. Even being able to change livery colours like in wreckfest would be enough. But we’re spoiled with the GT7 livery editor lol

Man I’d love to be able to make liveries. PC2 was bad for that. Everybody hops in the same car same livery. Even being able to change livery colours like in wreckfest would be enough. But we’re spoiled with the GT7 livery editor lol
I had the same thought this morning if they can keep the PC2 structure and add liveries I would be so happy

Straight 4 getting the publisher behind Farming Simulator was NOT on my Bingo card.

Last edited:
Nobody was bought out. It's a publisher.

Apologies, had multiple news pages open I was reading when I wrote that. Post edited.

Like I say though, wasn't expecting that.

Last edited:
Ian Bell carrying the name Project for a car game since Project Gotham Racing is dead
Project Gotham Racing is dead, latest release was 15 years ago
Who asked either one of you to mention this game? Hm?

Banned. For life. Both of you.

Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

Get out.

I called it last month. ;)
Folks been calling it since Oct/Nov 23. ;) Though I think the 4 should be a 3, that other title didn’t count as a Project CARS title. ;)

And agreed: If they can do a PC2 successor, mix a bit of GTR2 in and dial it up a few notches on all fronts, I will be one happy camper!

Straight 4 getting the publisher behind Farming Simulator was NOT on my Bingo card.
I guess that’s Lamborghini confirmed! 😜

Last edited:
Folks been calling it since Oct/Nov 23. ;) Though I think the 4 should be a 3, that other title didn’t count as a Project CARS title. ;)

And agreed: If they can do a PC2 successor, mix a bit of GTR2 in and dial it up a few notches on all fronts, I will be one happy camper!

I guess that’s Lamborghini confirmed! 😜
We gotta take it back to the sauce. Dec. 2020 :lol::sly:

With Ian Bell behind the project I don't know what to think, I have enjoyed many of his games but honestly he promises many things and then he doesn't fulfill them or they are outright lies.
But it really is, it was going to be called Project CARS Revolution so it was going to still have the title even if it wasn't a sequel but a spin-off (later it was the marketing team that decided to give it the 3 and discard the initial title)

But it really is, it was going to be called Project CARS Revolution so it was going to still have the title even if it wasn't a sequel but a spin-off (later it was the marketing team that decided to give it the 3 and discard the initial title)
It was originally called Project CARS Sideways because they were going in a different "direction" with the series.

I don’t like the return to ‘Project’, I think it should have been a completely fresh start. But it’s a minor point in the grad scheme of things and PCars 2 remaining possibly my favourite console racing game since TOCA2, I’ll probably let it slide.

I read somewhere that Project CARS Revolution was a potential name too.

Either way, I agree with everyone that 3 was not the right name for something so different to 2.
Yeah I was just being sarcastic. There were a lot of names / excuses to try and justify the game. If it didn't crash on me every 30 minutes, I actually enjoy playing it in VR. I'm looking forward to the new game. Everything so far seems positive. I won't let the new name change my view on it.

I read somewhere that Project CARS Revolution was a potential name too.

Either way, I agree with everyone that 3 was not the right name for something so different to 2.
It was confirmed by Andy Tudor himself (he was someone important at SMS) in a Stream of KuruHS a few weeks ago when the latter was playing Fast & Furious Crossroads (Andy was the game director if I'm not mistaken)

Andy said that the original name for PCARS 3 was PCARS Revolution (this name actually appeared in the Madbox concept images by the way) but the marketing team forced it to be called PCARS 3.

Edit:
You can read Andy's chat messages about PCARS 3 starting at 9:05 in this video

Last edited:
You know that Xenia plays PGR3/4 very well and can now save the game?

Might need to try this on the laptop, onboard gfx though not sure how well it'd run, just not too sure about using Xbox in developer mode for emulation.

Kinda hoped modern games would let us download city maps and customise routes for races by now, although the Aussie Supercars city tracks would cover similar ground in a sim and meet this need. Bikes would be cool, not sure if we need Milestone for that nowadays, in a Screamer reboot?

Last edited:
Back