Project Motor Racing (formerly GTR Revival/GTRevival) from Ian Bell & original GTR2/SimBin crew

• Thread starter Jtheripper
  • 874 comments
I was asking this in the Assetto Corsa thread, would any developer have the exclusive licence to WTCC? It would be incredible if this game featured all the cars from way back then, but I'd also like to see a grid of WTCC cars in other games as well.
Most I could find was that the WTCC folded a couple years into what's now the TCR World Tour, & I don't think anyone has the license to that.

But, since Simbin did make 2 WTCC games at one point as their way of expanding into different motorsports whilst sticking to GTR's foundation, I could see Ian at least considering adding cars from that series since this game's purpose is to recreate Simbin's success.

Edit* I think Simbin/KW Studios still owns it or has rights to use it for RaceRoom. They have WTCC cars listed from 2013-2017 & the WTCR from 2018-2022 available for purchase.

Last edited:
I was asking this in the Assetto Corsa thread, would any developer have the exclusive licence to WTCC? It would be incredible if this game featured all the cars from way back then, but I'd also like to see a grid of WTCC cars in other games as well.
No idea if it is exclusive, but RaceRoom is packed full of official WTCC and WTCR content, both current and historic.

Last edited:
Heavenly Father! Oooo that's nice. Thats. Just. Too. Too. Cool! Those core years from 2005-2009 are missing though.
I really need to open the bank account and get a daggone gaming laptop. I know I've been missing out on all that content for years, but that link just makes it look insane not to take part.

Heavenly Father! Oooo that's nice. Thats. Just. Too. Too. Cool! Those core years from 2005-2009 are missing though.
I really need to open the bank account and get a daggone gaming laptop. I know I've been missing out on all that content for years, but that link just makes it look insane not to take part.
The track lists are just as fun, with a lot of tracks that do not appear anywhere else.

Just make sure you wait for the RaceRoom purchases until Black Friday, you buy yourself vRP and buy the content that way. When using the BF-vRP method, the complete content offered at that time should cost somewhere around $60 (USD that is, not sure about the AUD prices).
The track lists are just as fun, with a lot of tracks that do not appear anywhere else.
Yep, R3E is quite underappreciated unfortunately. Maybe this graphics update will give it some more life while we're waiting for PMR :)

Latest Posts

Back