PS3 General Discussion

Duċk;2639638
All I was doing was saying that DIRT on the PS3 was delayed, and was questioning if the PS3 was the lead platform to begin with. My post was not, and never intended to be, some attempt to troll and spark a flamefest. If you interpreted it as such, I apologize.

Duck I must confess that when I read your first post my immediate thought was that Dirt had been cancelled for the PS3, rather than a delay. It was not until I actually followed the link that it was clear its a delay.

I know that often all of us just want to get a post up on the board, but taking a little time to summarise exactly what it being said helps no end. I'm sure the reaction would have been quite different had you quoted the (after all) same article and then provided the link as a source.

To be honest delays from one platform to the other are nothing new, and I would rather Codemasters got it right for each platform that rush it. After all just how long did X-box players have to wait to get hold of GTA:SA after the PS2 release (yes I know exclusivity reasons were part of that one) and PC release.

Regards

Scaff

The delay on Dirt for the PS3 may be a blessing. It may mean Codemasters will be spending more time optimizing the code for the PS3, as opposed to it being delayed because of contractual agreements.

And is it just me or did I read www.gameswank.com a bit wrong? I thought it was gameswank.com:odd:

lol like could never figure out wether gamershell.com was Gamer Shell or Gamers Hell. Both of them sound a bit... i don't know, "unreal". esp gamers hell, why would you call a gaming website gamers hell? lol never really got that...

Duck I must confess that when I read your first post my immediate thought was that Dirt had been cancelled for the PS3, rather than a delay. It was not until I actually followed the link that it was clear its a delay.

I know that often all of us just want to get a post up on the board, but taking a little time to summarise exactly what it being said helps no end. I'm sure the reaction would have been quite different had you quoted the (after all) same article and then provided the link as a source.

To be honest delays from one platform to the other are nothing new, and I would rather Codemasters got it right for each platform that rush it. After all just how long did X-box players have to wait to get hold of GTA:SA after the PS2 release (yes I know exclusivity reasons were part of that one) and PC release.

Regards

Scaff

Thanks for the tip. :)

While on the subject of game trailers, www.gametrailer.com has a bunch of very nice video clips of Lair, including some "making of" and "BTS" video clips.

The first couple trailers I saw for Lair a few months ago didn't impress me, but I am starting to warm up to the possibilities that I might actually like this game.

Duck, you seem to be one of the most interested in playing this game, and keeping a close eye on on the development of it. Maybe you might want to consider starting a thread specifically on Lair, with links to info and video clips? I would find it useful at least if you did... and REP worthy. 👍

BTW: While looking around www.gametrailers.com I stumbled across what I must say is the most hilarious review of any video game I have EVER seen or read!:
:lol:👍

Duck, you seem to be one of the most interested in playing this game, and keeping a close eye on on the development of it. Maybe you might want to consider starting a thread specifically on Lair, with links to info and video clips? I would find it useful at least if you did... and REP worthy. 👍

Well, I'll think about it. And I probably will, considering the release is a few months away... and considering there's not many big details about it thus far, I'm guessing there'll be a big blowout of info coming soon.

Also, Silent Hill 5 details:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=162394

And here's the part where I'm smelling BS:

"At this time we are still not sure," confessed Yamaoka . "We are thinking of putting the next game on the next generation consoles like PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, but we have had a good past experience with PlayStation [where the series was born] and we hope to continue that trend, but there are no definite plans as of yet."

They've been working on this game for several years now, and they still don't know what platform they're keeping it on? Meh.

Duċk;2641300
Well, I'll think about it. And I probably will, considering the release is a few months away... and considering there's not many big details about it thus far, I'm guessing there'll be a big blowout of info coming soon.
I thought Lair was expected to come out in May/June?

Also, Silent Hill 5 details:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=162394

And here's the part where I'm smelling BS:

They've been working on this game for several years now, and they still don't know what platform they're keeping it on? Meh.
I agree. It sounds like a negotiating tactic to try and get a "bonus" from Sony.

Well then I better remove Lair from the released list! :embarrassed:

Oh well, at least that gives Factor 5 several more weeks to try and convince me to get this game. :D

The BR/HDDVD battle is still considered PS3 relevant I assume ;)

http://news.com.com/Blu-ray+besting+its+high-def+DVD+rival/2100-1025_3-6178403.html?tag=nefd.top

"Of the high-definition discs consumers bought in the first quarter, 70 percent were Blu-ray Disc and 30 percent were HD DVD, according to sales figures provided by trade publication Home Media Magazine."

Overall it is a bit tighter as total sales since inception are stated as 1.2 million BR versus 0.94 million HDDVD.

2781VW-OhSnap.gif

The ESRB is bustling with rumors today with Tron, Art of Fighting and also Eternal Sonata. Way back at Tokyo Game Show 2006 Namco Bandai announced Eternal Sonata (aka Trusty Bell: Chopin’s Dream in Japan) as an Xbox 360 title. According to the ESRB it looks like Eternal Sonata is coming out for the Playstation 3 too. Thinking back to the announcement, Namco Bandai never said that Eternal Sonata was an Xbox 360 exclusive, they just mentioned it was in development for the 360. There is a chance that Eternal Sonata might get a dual release 360/PS3 release, but another possibility is Eternal Sonata will be a time exclusive game on the Xbox 360 similar to Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation. If Eternal Sonata really is coming out for both the PS3 and the X360 would that change your mind about buying an Xbox 360 or encourage you to purchase a Playstation 3?
http://www.siliconera.com/index.php/2007/04/23/eternal-sonata-also-coming-to-the-ps3/

^^^ That hardly rivals this announcement:

The titles in question are Kane & Lynch, from Hitman developer IO Interactive, and Pivotal Games's Crossfire. Both were due to be released on PC and Xbox 360 during SCi's 2007 financial year.

Now, however, they will go on sale alongside PS3 versions in the 2008 financial year. Kane & Lynch will be out in time for Christmas, while Crossfire is set to hit the shops early next year. According to an SCi statement, the previously unannounced PS3 games are "currently in advanced stages of development".

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=24390

I'm predicting that Bioshock = Time Exclusive at the very most. Resistance continues to sell well, and even MotorStorm, which could be considered a "niche" title (off road racers were never popular) sold 200K in March, which traditionally isn't a big month for software or hardware (like feb).

I think Bioshock has potential to sell millions no matter what console it's on. It's dark, it's bloody, and it's creepy. That's what sells today.

I believe Sony is doing the right thing by not worrying about exclusive titles and directing their focus and money to their first-party developers.

Seven hundred ninety-nine US dollars confirmed.

:lol:

To be serious, I don't know why Sony is doing this... if it's only an HDD upgrade, I don't see the point, especially since it's a small bump-up. We could do this ourselves. If they're adding other things like dual HDMI or more card readers, they're just going to pull a Microsoft and anger their current userbase while confusing potential customers.

Something's fishy in River City...

Oh, BTW! I found a "cheat" for Motorstorm: Big Heads.

Cheat: Big Heads
Hold down L1, L2, R1, R2, R3 (hold to the RIGHT), L3 (hold down LEFT).

http://cheats.ign.com/ob2/068/748/748488.html

:lol: Nice try... but then you'd look like Duċke from a PC, which is a bit too close to Duċky for my liking ;)

:lol: Nice try... but then you'd look like Du?ke from a PC, which is a bit too close to Du?ky for my liking ;)

I'm guessing there's a pun in there.

Anyway.

Activision confirms Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Wednesday 25-Apr-2007 2:15 PM Sequel to be first revealed in video at the weekend, CVG learns
3 Comments

Activision has confirmed Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare with CVG this afternoon, saying that a first video from the sequel will be shown in the US at the weekend.

CoD 4 is being developed by Infinity Ward (responsible for the original Call of Duty game on PC and Call of Duty 2), and the video will show during the NFL draft on ESPN over the pond at 1pm EDT/10am PDT.

We're expecting to have the video shortly after its airing on ESPN.

Activision isn't spilling any details on Modern Warfare, but rumour of the sequel hitting back in March 2006 suggested it deals with tackling terrorists around the globe in an attempt to thwart plans that involve unleashing an arsenal of chemical weapons.

Players, according to the rumour, will operate as part of the S.A.S., US Marines and the US Army, with the action occurring in such locations as the Middle-East, the streets of Eastern Europe, aboard sea vessels in the North Atlantic and London.

Lending credence to this info is the fact that it was accompanied at the time by rumoured details on Call of Duty 3, which turned out to be pretty much spot on.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=162731

Well, it's about time we won't be shooting Nazis senseless...

I'm having a tough time believing this story. Not only does the box look very suspicious, but how convenient that the reflection of the ceiling lamp is right over where the UPC code is, and the other UPC code is conveniently out of focus.

Besides, a HDD that is only 20G larger seems like an unimpressive increase, especially with the XB360 Elite coming out with a 120G HDD.

Back