• Thread starter Radracing
  • 9 comments

Radracing

SFGT Division Member
Premium
United States
Alameda/Califor
RADracing / RIGGracing
I'm trying to figure out the different types of headphones out in the market and see which ones are the best in price, features, quality and satisfaction with the product. So for now let us start with what I know is out there and you guys can suggest others if I missed any. Post with photos if possible or maybe a link to the product. I would love to hear your feedback or reviews on the ones you have had experience with.

Typical requirements must be;

1) Must be PS3 compatible
2) Must play at least in stereo
3) 5.1 or 7.1 Surround sound
4) Must include a microphone with the headset.

ps3headsetearforcepx21turtlebeach.jpg

Turtle Beach: Ear Force DPX21 PS3 Headset and 5.1/7.1 Channel Dolby Surround Sound

TRITTON-Tech_AXpro-headset.jpg

Tritton AX Pro

logitech928.jpg

Logitech Wireless Headset F540

5763459370_a4680418b1.jpg

New Official Wireless Stereo Headset Coming Soon for PS3

011410_mgs_4.jpg

ASTRO A40 Audio System - MGS4

Last edited:
The new Sony looks cool but I think for the money, you can't beat the Astro A40's. You can get them wired or wireless (the latter cost more) and they are absolutely the best gaming headphones I've ever used. I'm a fan of the MGS4 A40's, but you can get them in other colors too. Astro also has wonderful customer support, and will replace the whole headset/mixamp free of charge should something go wrong. Highly recommend.

http://www.astrogaming.com/audio-systems/a40-audio-systems/a40-audio-system-mgs4-edition

I have the black MGS4 A40's with the "Abstract" tags (the one shown in the link, left picture) and they're absolutely beautiful. Another huge plus is the wife doesn't complain that my gaming doesn't keep her up, although she still complains about the wheel noise... 👍

Parker

Last edited:
my buddy uses the turtle beach (for his xbox 360, it was made for PS3 but works with the 360) and he loves it.

myself I love my surround sound speakers, I'm not a headphone person unless I have my skull candy ear buds in while I cut the grass or ride my motorcycle or weld lol

i have the tritton ax720 and the tritton axpro. The AXPRO is definitely the better headset and AWESOME sound quality. It works for xbox/ps3/pc, even my cable box that has an optical port.

They are amazing for FPS games like black-ops. You can hear directional gunfire. When people aren't using Ninja you can hear them running around, behind, on the side etc. A very useful advantage. Plus the quality of the gun sounds and explosions is awesome.

The AXPRO has 4 separate speakers that you can adjust the volume separately. Front/center/rear and the subwoofer.

The tritton ax720 were also good, but for the extra money, the AXPRO is well worth the money. Even for watching Blu-ray they are great.

The only down side is the wire that goes from the headset to the decoder/amp box. Not a problem for me but some may not like it.

They are comfortable and i have had many 5+ hours gaming sessions without discomfort or even realizing they are on.

I only suggest using the foam ear cups instead of the leather ones provided, unless you're in a cold environment because the leather ones would get my ears sweaty. :indiff:

I'd say Trittons, I have the AX180 and its really great when playing FPS games, racing games do pretty well also with hearing BOV's and things of that sort.After using them for a couple hours they tend to get a bit uncomfortable though, that maybe just me though lol

I personally would just wait to see how the Playstation ones review because you might get some exclusive functionality that only something official can do.

Tritton AX Pros are excellent. Not perfect by any means, but very very good as a surround headset for gaming :)

Latest Posts

Back