Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 33,484 comments
um...I think maybe both?

lol

Chris, how much have you used manual transmission? I don't think it's likely to help you get silver in a TT if you only use it once in a blue moon..it really needs to be something you're comfortable with. I don't think there's very many TTs where AT is an advantage really...you can pretty much always do at least as well with MT so there isn't much point switching back and forth once you're used to it, but there's also not much point using it in a TT if you aren't fully comfortable with it.
I have been using MT for only 4-5 months, maybe I need more experience, like at least 2-3 more years of practice to fully understand all the tricks and trail braking. Like Glen said, I need to watch how I use the throttle and not oversteer/understeer anywhere on the track. And no, I think I'm gonna pass on the ghosts. They are distracting because I'll have to keep my eye on it instead of paying attention to the road. Thank you for that post Glen, I'll take every step of advice, and write notes down. And copy notes from Tidgney's guides as well.

Last edited:
I have been using MT for only 4-5 months, maybe I need more experience, like at least 2-3 more years of practice to fully understand all the tricks and trail braking. Like Glen said, I need to watch how I use the throttle and not oversteer/understeer anywhere on the track. And no, I think I'm gonna pass on the ghosts. They are distracting because I'll have to keep my eye on it instead of paying attention to the road. Thank you for that post Glen, I'll take every step of advice, and write notes down. And copy notes from Tidgney's guides as well.

Use your own ghost Chris, ignore Tidgneys videos as just focus on putting laps in that are controlled and consistent.

Your pace is quite a bit off so you need to start to build up to good pace it's something you learn and practice.

Use a ghost but make it your own and watch where you brake and then turn it off for a lap (up on the dpad) and pick markers to brake at, then compare that to your ghost laps etc.

You have to remember that driving is fast is a particular skill and you only get better and safer understanding how to use a car and take a corner.

You'll get there but it takes times and starting to understand what is going on in any given moment.

1.49.963 (Tcs2/cs strong) 🎮 BMW Dragon Tail

Finally I found my balls and gained a moment of peace 😎
A close one but mission accomplished ✌️
Bravo Jason, I saw your new PB while I was online and I'm really happy for you! You completely deserve these awesome score and ranking.

I know how tricky is this achievement and how complicated is this final sector. I'm still 0.088 off the promise land, despite many many efforts in the past few days.

Clap Good Job GIF by Team Coco

Hello Chris,

I have been watching this last couple of posts with interest here. I am going to, ever so slightly, contradict newmedia_dev. I think he will see why...

Watch Tidgney's ghost at Dragon Trail. The first corner after the start line. Pay particular attention to his turn in point, braking, brake release, coasting and throttle on timing and the rate of throttle he applies. This one corner is the perfect example of how to take a slow corner quickly

I have practised, just this corner, many many times chasing Tidgney. Without even attempting a full lap! After a little while it begins to "click". I am now leaving this corner at the same speed and time as Tidgney! There is barely a coat of paint between us as we go under the bridge. The rest of my lap goes to hell in a hand basket after that but that is another story!

Good luck Chris. Let us all know how you get on with that first corner.

As for the other part the story...

Despite many many laps and many many red laps, I think I am going to throw in the towel at Dragon Trail in the BMW. I have squeezed, teased, danced, caressed and cajoled the Beemer to a 1:50:162. I really do feel that is my ceiling here. I just cannot get that last, big, right hander to work for me.

What a delightful struggle it was though!

Best regards to all here and my gentlest apologies to newmedia_dev.

Ian.

Now I had a bottle of Ouzo around here somewhere?.......

Despite many many laps and many many red laps, I think I am going to throw in the towel at Dragon Trail in the BMW. I have squeezed, teased, danced, caressed and cajoled the Beemer to a 1:50:162. I really do feel that is my ceiling here. I just cannot get that last, big, right hander to work for me.
Ladies and gentlemen, this is what the famous british "fighting spirit" became.... :dopey:
Apparently, this spirit crossed the French Channel :lol:

Come on Ian, we all know you can do better ! Don't let that damned last right turn ruin your reputation.
Shave those ugly 0.162 and we'll celebrate with a beer :cheers: (or two).

ATTACK!!!

Back